ImageImageImageImage

Week 7: Lions

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Week 7: Lions 

Post#1 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Oct 23, 2022 5:59 pm

If Dak and our offense can't score against THIS defense?

That's an awful sign.

Seriously was Amari Cooper the difference between the #1 scoring offense in the NFL and THIS!!!???

I think everyone drastically underrated Amari Coopers worth.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Re: Week 7: Lions 

Post#2 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:55 pm

Sam Williams
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#3 » by Mr B » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:48 pm

The game went pretty much how I was expecting . By that I mean this felt like a trap game. The Lions are bad but they do some things well. Also Dak had some rust.

The Cowboys made plays where they could and ended up winning. I expect Dak to be better against the Bears.

I thought Zeke and Pollard played very well again today. Zeke got banged up and came back in to make some really big pod plays including leaping over a defender. OL had an up and down day.

The run defense showed it still needs work and the secondary was giving up some plays. It seems like the defense allowed too many 3rd downs.

Do any of you know if Parsons was credited with a sack on that forced fumble?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#4 » by Mr B » Sun Oct 23, 2022 9:50 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Sam Williams

Sam Williams is a stud and should end up being a very good starting pass rusher. The Cowboys depth at Rush End is amazing, especially considering they are getting Terrell Basham back.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#5 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:51 pm

It looks like Parsons was credited with a sack and a FF.

I want Sam Williams on the field more. He doesn't play much because Lawrence and Armstrong are the ends. I feel like we might have a hidden elite rusher in Williams who just won't get a chance to play much.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#6 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Oct 23, 2022 10:52 pm

I think Vander Esch deserves a little love too. That guy always seems to be around the ball.

The Lions had a top-5 offense coming into this game. Our defense held them to just 6 points which is amazing. Granted, the goal line fumble was a huge gift. But still an amazing game by the defense.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 11,006

Post#7 » by Fierce1 » Sun Oct 23, 2022 11:04 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I think Vander Esch deserves a little love too. That guy always seems to be around the ball.

The Lions had a top-5 offense coming into this game. Our defense held them to just 6 points which is amazing. Granted, the goal line fumble was a huge gift. But still an amazing game by the defense.

True.

The defense is what will make the Cowboys a contender this season.

One word to describe the Dallas defense?

Amazing!
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#8 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Oct 24, 2022 1:40 pm

Read on Twitter

This saved 7 points
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Post#9 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 24, 2022 4:47 pm

Mr B wrote:The game went pretty much how I was expecting . By that I mean this felt like a trap game. The Lions are bad but they do some things well. Also Dak had some rust.

The Cowboys made plays where they could and ended up winning. I expect Dak to be better against the Bears.

I thought Zeke and Pollard played very well again today. Zeke got banged up and came back in to make some really big pod plays including leaping over a defender. OL had an up and down day.

The run defense showed it still needs work and the secondary was giving up some plays. It seems like the defense allowed too many 3rd downs.

Do any of you know if Parsons was credited with a sack on that forced fumble?

Total agreement with you on this one. With us coming off a Monday night game and the Lions coming off a bye, I thought this was a huge trap game for us and thought the Lions would have so much more energy than us. We survived despite a slow start and Dak looking rusty. That first pass play was a T.D. to Noah Brown. I bet Dak would like to have that throw back. Couple of bad penalties and one bad turnover didn't help either. Despite that, the running game and O-line played well however we were horrible on 3ird down imho. So surprised Gallop didn't get one catch. Always thought Gallop was Dak's favorite WR and go to guy. Nevertheless we got the win and I feel much better going forward. It would have been a horrible look if we lost this game to probably the absolute worse team in the NFL.
Defense played lights out to a team that is pretty damn good on the offensive side of the ball. One concern I have regarding the defense is we are giving up more rushing yards the past two games to my liking. With the Bears playing tonight and giving us an extra day of rest, I fully expect us to look much sharper than this week. Hopefully Dak got rid of most of the rust this week.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#10 » by Mr B » Mon Oct 24, 2022 7:28 pm

Demarcus Lawrence is having a really good season so far.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=rVNfT5FhHFOHKvXA3dWE2Q

Return to Dallas Cowboys