Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Re: Week 8 - Chicago Bears 

Post#41 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:30 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:He's 25. I'm good giving him a 4 or 5 year deal. Most RBs can go pretty strong until 29 or 30.

The thing is though he's probably going to get money similar to Zeke. We might have to do that though or we have nothing at RB.

What is roughly the going rate for top RB's these days?

The average of the top 5 highest paid RB’s is about $13M-$14M per.

Signing Pollards around this amount on a 4 year deal is a lot better than we are doing now.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#42 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 31, 2022 4:35 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Very nice solid win today. Still bugging me that we gave up 29 points today. A slight concern you might say.

Slight concern to concern after looking over stats from the game. I know the Bears are the number 1 team rushing the ball, but damn, we gave up 234 yards on the ground yesterday. Yikes !!! Is that stat a future blueprint of what is to become for the rest of the year in teams attacking us?
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,156

Post#43 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Oct 31, 2022 5:21 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Very nice solid win today. Still bugging me that we gave up 29 points today. A slight concern you might say.

Slight concern to concern after looking over stats from the game. I know the Bears are the number 1 team rushing the ball, but damn, we gave up 234 yards on the ground yesterday. Yikes !!! Is that stat a future blueprint of what is to become for the rest of the year in teams attacking us?

Doubt it because a lot of those yards came from the QB and most teams don't have a run threat QB like Fields is.

That said we aren't great at run defense so that is where teams should plan. Which is what the Bears did.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,043

Post#44 » by Mr B » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:03 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:What is roughly the going rate for top RB's these days?

The average of the top 5 highest paid RB’s is about $13M-$14M per.

Signing Pollards around this amount on a 4 year deal is a lot better than we are doing now.

Zeke’s salary for this year was $12.4M (cap hit $18M). Last year Zeke’s salary was $1M and his cap hit was $6.8M. So Pollard will make more than Zeke and likely have a bigger cap hit.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#45 » by Mr B » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:04 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Absolutely. I’m honestly surprised more teams haven’t already been attacking us this way. Stopping the run has been the Cowboys achilles heel all season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#46 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 31, 2022 9:10 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:The average of the top 5 highest paid RB’s is about $13M-$14M per.

Zeke’s salary for this year was $12.4M (cap hit $18M). Last year Zeke’s salary was $1M and his cap hit was $6.8M. So Pollard will make more than Zeke and likely have a bigger cap hit.

I was under the impression Elliott's cap was a lot more than that, like closer to 24 million. And last year when I wanted to get rid of him I was told we couldn't because of his contract and it would be a cap hit of over 18 million.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#47 » by Mr B » Tue Nov 1, 2022 2:27 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Signing Pollards around this amount on a 4 year deal is a lot better than we are doing now.

I was under the impression Elliott's cap was a lot more than that, like closer to 24 million. And last year when I wanted to get rid of him I was told we couldn't because of his contract and it would be a cap hit of over 18 million.

You’re thinking about his dead cap number. Last year his dead cap number was $36.9M. This year it is $30M and then next season his dead cap number is $11.8M. Those numbers only apply if he’s cut or traded.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#48 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 1, 2022 5:31 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Zeke’s salary for this year was $12.4M (cap hit $18M). Last year Zeke’s salary was $1M and his cap hit was $6.8M. So Pollard will make more than Zeke and likely have a bigger cap hit.

You’re thinking about his dead cap number. Last year his dead cap number was $36.9M. This year it is $30M and then next season his dead cap number is $11.8M. Those numbers only apply if he’s cut or traded.

O.K. your right. that's what I was remembering because we talked about this the past 2 years.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#49 » by Mr B » Tue Nov 1, 2022 6:54 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I was under the impression Elliott's cap was a lot more than that, like closer to 24 million. And last year when I wanted to get rid of him I was told we couldn't because of his contract and it would be a cap hit of over 18 million.

O.K. your right. that's what I was remembering because we talked about this the past 2 years.

Yea, his actual salary is right in line with the other top paid RB’s though and is not an albatross by any means.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#50 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Nov 2, 2022 6:51 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Zeke’s salary for this year was $12.4M (cap hit $18M). Last year Zeke’s salary was $1M and his cap hit was $6.8M. So Pollard will make more than Zeke and likely have a bigger cap hit.

How can we have a cap hit of $11.8 million next year if his contract ends at the end of this season? I don't spend enough time studying contracts. I guess I need to go back to school.

Return to Dallas Cowboys