bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Re: Week 12 Cowboys vs. Colts. 

Post#41 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 5, 2022 4:01 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:My first post

QB1 had a VERY uneven game last night... especially that 1st half. He's not going to like the film he sees.

The INT to Gallup was a bad decision, and Dak is certainly not without flaws. He is capable of making a bad decision, or making a bad throw.

[u]Currently he is top-10 in both passer rating and QBR though, and from what I can see the mishaps he does have are not happening at key moments, and when the game is on the line I mostly trust Dak and there are worse QBs than Dak than have won rings. We can get it done with him.
[/u]

Looking around the NFL though, Hurts is playing as well as Dak and the Philly defense is playing as well as ours is. I think that team is our major hurdle. Right now Philly is like the 49ers to the 90s Cowboys. If we can just get by them I think we have a chance at a ring. Philly might be a better team than Dallas though.

Micah, once again, we don't care about that ****. All we want to know is can Dak get us by the divisional round and deliver us a NFC Championship or Super bowl. Take those numbers and shove them. They are meaningless to the goal we are trying to achieve. I guess I don't understand what you mean by meaningful. Last time we had a meaningful game was the playoffs vs. the Niners. Dak was hardly trustworthy in that game.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,154

Post#42 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 5, 2022 4:05 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I think if the playoffs started right now we'd play Tampa Bay in round 1 who absolutely decimated us week 1.

I'm not sure what to even think about that team any more.

Tom Brady has never lost to the Cowboys in his history. Just something to think about.

It is you're right.

They are the absolute worst running team in the NFL though.

You'd think that our defense would have it easy with them.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#43 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 5, 2022 4:07 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:
QB1 had a VERY uneven game last night... especially that 1st half. He's not going to like the film he sees.

The INT to Gallup was a bad decision, and Dak is certainly not without flaws. He is capable of making a bad decision, or making a bad throw.

[u]Currently he is top-10 in both passer rating and QBR though, and from what I can see the mishaps he does have are not happening at key moments, and when the game is on the line I mostly trust Dak and there are worse QBs than Dak than have won rings. We can get it done with him.
[/u]

Looking around the NFL though, Hurts is playing as well as Dak and the Philly defense is playing as well as ours is. I think that team is our major hurdle. Right now Philly is like the 49ers to the 90s Cowboys. If we can just get by them I think we have a chance at a ring. Philly might be a better team than Dallas though.

Micah, once again, we don't care about that ****. All we want to know is can Dak get us by the divisional round and deliver us a NFC Championship or Super bowl. Take those numbers and shove them. They are meaningless to the goal we are trying to achieve. I guess I don't understand what you mean by meaningful. Last time we had a meaningful game was the playoffs vs. the Niners. Dak was hardly trustworthy in that game.

I mean his INTs are coming early, and he is making up for them in the 2nd half.

Hence that was my prediction this game. And it happened.

It's okay to throw an INT in Q1 if you put up 40 points later.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#44 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 5, 2022 4:11 pm

Ints vary a great deal too. Sometimes an INT just equates to a punt.

The only time it equates to a TD pass is if it is a pick-6 which is devastating. I don't think Dak has thrown one of those this season.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#45 » by Mr B » Mon Dec 5, 2022 4:37 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Like I said, who needs OBJ when we have Gallup !!!!!!!!!

Having OBJ as your 3rd or 4th WR wouldn’t hurt though. Just another threat to keep defenses from stacking up against the run. If he’s cheap then I wouldn’t mind OBJ at all. Or maybe a non-guaranteed contract that way they can move on from him at anytime with no penalty, or an extremely incentive based contract.

Really. You want a cancer like that on our team, especially now? It will just be a distraction that comes with baggage. We don't need it or want it. And how do you really know he is healthy? You a doctor all of a sudden. When have you ever seen a player come back so fast from that type of knee injury?

How is he a cancer? What exactly has he done that makes him a cancer?
Mr B
RealGM

Post#46 » by Mr B » Mon Dec 5, 2022 4:37 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:I think if the playoffs started right now we'd play Tampa Bay in round 1 who absolutely decimated us week 1.

Tom Brady has never lost to the Cowboys in his history. Just something to think about.

I’d still rather play Tom Brady than San Fran in round 1
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#47 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 5, 2022 4:37 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:The INT to Gallup was a bad decision, and Dak is certainly not without flaws. He is capable of making a bad decision, or making a bad throw.

[/u]

I mean his INTs are coming early, and he is making up for them in the 2nd half.

Hence that was my prediction this game. And it happened.

It's okay to throw an INT in Q1 if you put up 40 points later.

You think that will be O.K. when it comes to playoff games and that is the way you start out? I mean seriously, if we start out that way vs. the Egals and Niners, what chance do you give us?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#48 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 5, 2022 4:43 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Having OBJ as your 3rd or 4th WR wouldn’t hurt though. Just another threat to keep defenses from stacking up against the run. If he’s cheap then I wouldn’t mind OBJ at all. Or maybe a non-guaranteed contract that way they can move on from him at anytime with no penalty, or an extremely incentive based contract.

Really. You want a cancer like that on our team, especially now? It will just be a distraction that comes with baggage. We don't need it or want it. And how do you really know he is healthy? You a doctor all of a sudden. When have you ever seen a player come back so fast from that type of knee injury?

How is he a cancer? What exactly has he done that makes him a cancer?

In the past every time he doesn't feel like he's getting the ball enough he starts in with antic, etc., on the side lines number one without getting into the other stuff for the moment. he wants the ball. he needs the ball and then demands the ball. I prefer the chemistry to stay just where its at. Like you said yesterday, Washington will be back. Plus I honestly believe Gallup is fully healthy and back and I love him at WR2 without question. We need to stay a run first team. We don't need Dak trying to force extra and unwanted passes just to Make OBJ happy. We know where that leads my friend.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#49 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 5, 2022 4:46 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Not me. I want another crack at the Whiners. I don't care how good their defense is, we can put enough points on them boys. I think our defense can have a field day on their offense though. Plus I Mccaffery in very injury prone. I'll be surprised if he is healthy come playoff time.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#50 » by Mr B » Mon Dec 5, 2022 5:55 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Tom Brady has never lost to the Cowboys in his history. Just something to think about.

Not me. I want another crack at the Whiners. I don't care how good their defense is, we can put enough points on them boys. I think our defense can have a field day on their offense though. Plus I Mccaffery in very injury prone. I'll be surprised if he is healthy come playoff time.

We thought that about the Niners last year too.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#51 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 5, 2022 8:06 pm

It's weird on paper it looks like Dallas would destroy Tampa Bay. They have no running game at all.

I need to rewatch that week 1 game, but IIRC Brady did not have a good game but we just could not score on their defense and Dak got injured 2nd half.

I bet we win that game in a rematch.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#52 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 5, 2022 8:09 pm

Brock Purdy played well against the Phins.

Yeah 9ers are still scary.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#53 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 5, 2022 8:20 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I’d still rather play Tom Brady than San Fran in round 1

We have a better running game and RB now. The running game is more dominate and explosive now with Pollard.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#54 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 5, 2022 8:35 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Brock Purdy played well against the Phins.

Yeah 9ers are still scary.

I wouldn't put a whole lot of stock in the Whiners win yesterday. Miami had both starting tackles out yesterday which killed their running game and threw off blocking schemes in the passing attack. Unlike Miami, if the Whiners punch us in the mouth, we will punch back even harder. Whiners don't scare me at all. Till then I'm going to continue to enjoy the ride we are on. Feels good to have another win. Makes the week go by so much more pleasant. We have another tough game this week. Worried about this one. :wink:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#55 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 5, 2022 8:45 pm

We should win out except for Philly.

If we beat Philly it's actually possible we win the division and a BYE.

If we did that I'd be drenched in Kool-aid lol
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#56 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 5, 2022 8:50 pm

Eagles only beat the Colts by 1 point this season.

17-16 Final

That was just a couple weeks ago too
Mr B
RealGM

Post#57 » by Mr B » Mon Dec 5, 2022 9:05 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Not me. I want another crack at the Whiners. I don't care how good their defense is, we can put enough points on them boys. I think our defense can have a field day on their offense though. Plus I Mccaffery in very injury prone. I'll be surprised if he is healthy come playoff time.

We have a better running game and RB now. The running game is more dominate and explosive now with Pollard.

Pollard was in Dallas last year and being used basically the same as he is now. We have the same running game and RB’s that we had last year. The defense may be slightly better but San Fran’s defense is still better than ours.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#58 » by Mr B » Mon Dec 5, 2022 9:06 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:We should win out except for Philly.

I still think Philly loses one of their other NFC East games besides the one they will lose to us.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#59 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 5, 2022 9:33 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:We should win out except for Philly.

I still think Philly loses one of their other NFC East games besides the one they will lose to us.

Love the optimism :D
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#60 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 5, 2022 9:35 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:We thought that about the Niners last year too.

Pollard was in Dallas last year and being used basically the same as he is now. We have the same running game and RB’s that we had last year. The defense may be slightly better but San Fran’s defense is still better than ours.

Yeah if we beat SF it will probably be like 17-14 or something. Hope that our defense can do what they did yesterday and force some turnovers.

It's kind of like that with Philly too though, they are difficult to score on, so have to hope our defense can shut down Hurts and that our offense can do just enough to get the job done.

Return to Dallas Cowboys