Moderator: Texas Chuck

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,168

Re: Week 13 vs. Houston Texans. 

Post#81 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Dec 13, 2022 6:56 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:So does that mean if Dak has two or three INT's in a playoff loss you will feel better if PPF says they are all adjustable interceptions? Why can't Dak and the coaching staff have a clean game vs. a 1-11-1 team?

Look I just try to be real (like PFF is trying to do). And the reality is not everything is Dak's fault. If the ball bounced out of the WR's hands then that is on the WR.

Dak's last INT is arguable, he got hit on the bicep mid throw and it caused the ball to go in the wrong direction. Josh Ball actually let the defender do that twice. The time before was the fumble. It could be argued I suppose that Dak should have sensed the pressure and not thrown the ball.

If the INT is just Dak making a poor throw, then that is on Dak. He has done that before and he will do it again. All QBs do. Brett Favre won a ring with an extremely high INT rate. They happen. You just have to hope that when they do happen it is more like a punt and not too costly. Because punt the ball away to the defense isn't much different than a bomb INT. When they are near your endzone they are very harmful, or when it is a pick-6 obviously.

I guess after Jerry's comments this morning, he's not too happy with Dak's play and INT's either. "I want Dak to be agressive WITHOUT the INT's". Same concern I've had with Dak for the past 3 years. Time for some clean games after 8 years. And not just against the scrub teams. Otherwise, like I've said numerous times it will be one and done come playoff time. Wipe out all the dumb mistakes, penalties and turnovers, we could go very deep.

He just did that against the 9-2 Vikings. 276 yards, 2 TDs, and 0 INTs.

Here's another thing, Dallas beat the Bengals this season and they are looking to be one of the best teams in the NFL. We didn't know that at the time though.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#82 » by linery88 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 10:27 pm

Dak cannot be the guy they rely on to win games.Running the ball is way better,and easier for this team to get wins.The Minny game is the perfect blueprint for us.
Take the pressure off Dak,and Pollard feels no pressure.Either does Zeke.They just play,and have fun when we run more.
Let Dak manage the game more,with the ocassional ,and unexpected deep pass to back off the opposing Safeties,and CB,s.
Moore has done a decent job this season..would be even better if he designed more running plays,and gave Dak easier passes to complete.Would be much easier to watch,and they would win but it seems like Jerry wants us to win every game,and especially home games like we did vs Indy,and like we did when Jimmy was here,and thats not gonna happen with this team,and doesn,t have to happen.Run early..run often,stick to it,and we win going away. :banghead:
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#83 » by linery88 » Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:24 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Look I just try to be real (like PFF is trying to do). And the reality is not everything is Dak's fault. If the ball bounced out of the WR's hands then that is on the WR.

Dak's last INT is arguable, he got hit on the bicep mid throw and it caused the ball to go in the wrong direction. Josh Ball actually let the defender do that twice. The time before was the fumble. It could be argued I suppose that Dak should have sensed the pressure and not thrown the ball.

If the INT is just Dak making a poor throw, then that is on Dak. He has done that before and he will do it again. All QBs do. Brett Favre won a ring with an extremely high INT rate. They happen. You just have to hope that when they do happen it is more like a punt and not too costly. Because punt the ball away to the defense isn't much different than a bomb INT. When they are near your endzone they are very harmful, or when it is a pick-6 obviously.

I guess after Jerry's comments this morning, he's not too happy with Dak's play and INT's either. "I want Dak to be agressive WITHOUT the INT's". Same concern I've had with Dak for the past 3 years. Time for some clean games after 8 years. And not just against the scrub teams. Otherwise, like I've said numerous times it will be one and done come playoff time. Wipe out all the dumb mistakes, penalties and turnovers, we could go very deep.

Here's another thing, Dallas beat the Bengals this season and they are looking to be one of the best teams in the NFL. We didn't know that at the time though.

IMO-When Jerry starts singling out players ..watch out.You dont know what the effect might be.He is trying to motivate Dak,but its a crappy time to do this stuff.If they ran the ball more,and used Dak as a manager more we win more.Jerry or Dak may hate or fear that perception which the media would bring,and start calling Dak a "Game mgr",and Jerry,and maybe Dak would hate that but they shouldn,t give a damm about it.
Its been well documented that Jerry wants big everything ,including big wins all the time but it doesn,t work that way unless you have both a dominating offense/defense,and a highly accurate passer,and because he is not a football guy(coach), like Jimmy was,and Jimmy was way better than Jerry at knowing football,and drafting.Jerry is still trying to catch up to Jimmy.If jimmy was left alone we would have won 3 in a row.Souce it in any of the "Football Life" shows of the players(the triplets), from those teams all still believe it.
Moore should be able to call more 3 or 5 step drop plays for Dak;maybe even more RPO,s.7 step drops need better Oline protection,and thats even more reason to run with the 2 very good backs we already have,and to spare the Oline at this point in the season.In other words set up the pass using the run,and more play action will kill our opposition.Run 60 percent,Pass 40 percent has been our bread and butter all season.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Post#84 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:29 pm

linery88 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I guess after Jerry's comments this morning, he's not too happy with Dak's play and INT's either. "I want Dak to be agressive WITHOUT the INT's". Same concern I've had with Dak for the past 3 years. Time for some clean games after 8 years. And not just against the scrub teams. Otherwise, like I've said numerous times it will be one and done come playoff time. Wipe out all the dumb mistakes, penalties and turnovers, we could go very deep.

IMO-When Jerry starts singling out players ..watch out.You dont know what the effect might be.He is trying to motivate Dak,but its a crappy time to do this stuff.If they ran the ball more,and used Dak as a manager more we win more.Jerry or Dak may hate or fear that perception which the media would bring,and start calling Dak a "Game mgr",and Jerry,and maybe Dak would hate that but they shouldn,t give a damm about it.
Its been well documented that Jerry wants big everything ,including big wins all the time but it doesn,t work that way unless you have both a dominating offense/defense,and a highly accurate passer,and because he is not a football guy(coach), like Jimmy was,and Jimmy was way better than Jerry at knowing football,and drafting.Jerry is still trying to catch up to Jimmy.If jimmy was left alone we would have won 3 in a row.Souce it in any of the "Football Life" shows of the players(the triplets), from those teams all still believe it.
Moore should be able to call more 3 or 5 step drop plays for Dak;maybe even more RPO,s.7 step drops need better Oline protection,and thats even more reason to run with the 2 very good backs we already have,and to spare the Oline at this point in the season.In other words set up the pass using the run,and more play action will kill our opposition.Run 60 percent,Pass 40 percent has been our bread and butter all season.

Jimmy's team was so stacked I felt like that team would have won more than 3 Super Bowls if Jerry would have just let Jimmy alone to do his things.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#85 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Dec 13, 2022 11:44 pm

linery88 wrote:

Jerry made some comments on the radio and if I had to guess I would bet that Dak isn't even aware of it.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Post#86 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Dec 14, 2022 12:58 am

NFLN is replaying the game tonight in case anyone wants to relieve it.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#87 » by linery88 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:04 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
linery88 wrote:

Jerry made some comments on the radio and if I had to guess I would bet that Dak isn't even aware of it.

Could be..but I think in these days of everbody knowing everything,and the media being the way they are ,I think he does but he is probably used to it by now.It might be a different story if Dak say has a bad game a week before a road playoff game where he throws a pik or 2,and Jerry feels like commenting again.This is why I have always liked,and rooted for the Patriots,because of envying their owner,and letting Belichik run things.We have had some good coaches who did not want to deal with Jerry,and left,and some who tried but it was too much.McCarthy;who I like, is a SB winning coach who had 16 starters on IR for GB,who won 3 straight road playoff games against very good teams,in 3 consecutive weeks then with an extra week of rest, beat Pitt for us in 2010.
Sean Payton would love to coach here,as i suspect would others.I would love Payton to coach here as well,but he is also aware of what else he would have to deal with if he did.If Jerry/Jimmy never went to that bar together that night maybe Jimmy stays,but Jerry would always bring it up publicly that anyone could coach this team,and that would be insulting to any coach.I think he started bringing it up more after that bar encounter with Jimmy,and no way Jimmy could accept that,especially after winning those SB,s
Jerry is too unpredictable in my view.He doesn,t get it that even good teams can struggle against teams with crappy records.Everybody who plays us automatically gets up for that game,Home or Road.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#88 » by linery88 » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:23 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
linery88 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:He just did that against the 9-2 Vikings. 276 yards, 2 TDs, and 0 INTs.

Jimmy's team was so stacked I felt like that team would have won more than 3 Super Bowls if Jerry would have just let Jimmy alone to do his things.

They could have won 4 in a row at least 92-95,and the Lomardi trophy would have been changed to the Johnson trophy,and that was mentioned at the time as was said the "Football Life" shows.
We won with Switzer in 95 ,and after,he said to Jerry... "Are ya having fun"?.... "We did it our way baby"'We did it x3"
To me I think Switzer was trying to send Jerry a message to chill out on the picking on the coach stuff,but it was the same players who knew Jimmy`s system already,and how to play it.Switzer was a good company man-decent coach, who had some great players there still,and Jerry wanted a guy who would put up with his ego,and do what he was told,and win at the same time so he supposedly got his wish in 95,and showed Jimmy,but not really becauseJerry felt he had to draft his own platers,then hire his kind of coach,and then win it outright,that way.I hope he does.
Jerry doesn,t get how tough it is to coach a team,even if they are good,and Jimmy was also a great GM.Goes to show how great a coach Jimmy was,when after leaving,his players still knew how to play it...2 seasons later.
After Jimmy left,Jerry might have felt like felt he had to live up to his words of how anyone can coach this team.That maybe the stupidest thing an owner has said about football-IMO,and thats why he still bugs me. :lol: :starwars
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#89 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Dec 14, 2022 3:05 pm

linery88 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
linery88 wrote:

Could be..but I think in these days of everbody knowing everything,and the media being the way they are ,I think he does but he is probably used to it by now.It might be a different story if Dak say has a bad game a week before a road playoff game where he throws a pik or 2,and Jerry feels like commenting again.This is why I have always liked,and rooted for the Patriots,because of envying their owner,and letting Belichik run things.We have had some good coaches who did not want to deal with Jerry,and left,and some who tried but it was too much.McCarthy;who I like, is a SB winning coach who had 16 starters on IR for GB,who won 3 straight road playoff games against very good teams,in 3 consecutive weeks then with an extra week of rest, beat Pitt for us in 2010.
Sean Payton would love to coach here,as i suspect would others.I would love Payton to coach here as well,but he is also aware of what else he would have to deal with if he did.If Jerry/Jimmy never went to that bar together that night maybe Jimmy stays,but Jerry would always bring it up publicly that anyone could coach this team,and that would be insulting to any coach.I think he started bringing it up more after that bar encounter with Jimmy,and no way Jimmy could accept that,especially after winning those SB,s
Jerry is too unpredictable in my view.He doesn,t get it that even good teams can struggle against teams with crappy records.Everybody who plays us automatically gets up for that game,Home or Road.

Generally speaking, I think the players are mostly oblivious to things Jerry says to the media.

If it something that is trending all over Twitter and social media then okay, they'll get wind of it. But time and time again we see the players being asked what they think about Jerry's words and the players are clueless as to what Jerry even said.

Us fans analyze and dwell on Jerry's words a lot more than they do.

I think everyone wants Payton here. That would be amazing. That's going to be tricky though if McCarthy wins a couple playoff games.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,981

Post#90 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Dec 14, 2022 4:15 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Generally speaking, I think the players are mostly oblivious to things Jerry says to the media.

If it something that is trending all over Twitter and social media then okay, they'll get wind of it. But time and time again we see the players being asked what they think about Jerry's words and the players are clueless as to what Jerry even said.

I think everyone wants Payton here. That would be amazing. That's going to be tricky though if McCarthy wins a couple playoff games.

Not all of us... :lol:

Some of us make it a point to avoid anything that escapes from his mouth. And we are learning to apply the same level of discretion to whatever his son spews as well.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,130

Post#91 » by Mr B » Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:04 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
linery88 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:He just did that against the 9-2 Vikings. 276 yards, 2 TDs, and 0 INTs.

Jimmy was ready to move on regardless of Jerry’s meddling, he’s said so himself. He never stayed in 1 place more than 5 years. He wanted the Jacksonville job and wanted to get back to Florida. That’s why he ended up taking the Miami job. He wasn’t going to stay in Dallas either way.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,130

Post#92 » by Mr B » Wed Dec 14, 2022 9:08 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Generally speaking, I think the players are mostly oblivious to things Jerry says to the media.

Not all of us... :lol:

Some of us make it a point to avoid anything that escapes from his mouth. And we are learning to apply the same level of discretion to whatever his son spews as well.

I still think that once Jerry is gone and Stephen is in sole control of this team we are going to really miss Jerry. Jerry’s teams may have gone 25+ years since winning a title but they’ve at least been competitive. I can’t say I have the same faith in Stephen’s ability to build and maintain a winning team.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#93 » by linery88 » Thu Dec 15, 2022 12:12 am

Micah Prescott wrote:
linery88 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Jerry made some comments on the radio and if I had to guess I would bet that Dak isn't even aware of it.

Generally speaking, I think the players are mostly oblivious to things Jerry says to the media.

Players used to make a comment about what Jerry would say,but now,i think they are told to play dumb or clueless.They know what he says,but if they acknowledge it,it will just give Jerry the encouragement to say even more stuff.

Return to Dallas Cowboys