Moderator: Texas Chuck

Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,149

Re: Cowboys vs. Jaguars. 

Post#81 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:34 am

Fierce1 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:The Cowboys just don't have a legit #1 receiver.

But the Cowboys are still in good shape.

It's just unfortunate that winning the division is not possible now.

CeeDee Lamb is absolutely a legit #1. He is 9th overall in yardage right now and that is wtih 5 games of Cooper Rush throwing to him.

Lamb is under utilized though. Maybe he is doubled a lot and we can't see it.

This is the second time a game has ended with an INT bouncing off the hands of Brown. I guess he can't be trusted in big moments. Those moments should be Lamb's moments.

Lamb is a great receiver, but I don't think he's a #1 receiver.

If he's bigger and stronger then that's a different story.

What?

He's 6'2" 200lbs

That's bigger than Tyreek or Justin Jefferson.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 10,938

Post#82 » by Fierce1 » Mon Dec 19, 2022 12:29 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:CeeDee Lamb is absolutely a legit #1. He is 9th overall in yardage right now and that is wtih 5 games of Cooper Rush throwing to him.

Lamb is under utilized though. Maybe he is doubled a lot and we can't see it.

This is the second time a game has ended with an INT bouncing off the hands of Brown. I guess he can't be trusted in big moments. Those moments should be Lamb's moments.

Lamb is a great receiver, but I don't think he's a #1 receiver.

If he's bigger and stronger then that's a different story.

What?

He's 6'2" 200lbs

That's bigger than Tyreek or Justin Jefferson.

Yeah, but what I mean is someone like Randy Moss.

Don't get me wrong, I'm a fan of Lamb, but I think he's more of a #2 than a #1.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#83 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 19, 2022 2:31 pm

There are not many WRs in the NFL right now who would make Lamb their #2.

He a top-10 WR

I think the issue is more of we don't have a dominant #2. Michael Gallup is not the same guy, and Noah Brown is just "okay".

Could probably make good use of ODB here
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,274

Post#84 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:18 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote::lol: Why would you hope they lose in the first round though?

Because I don’t want MM back and honestly, move on from Dak and Kellen Moore. They were doing great running the ball and then once the got the lead for whatever reason felt they needed to start passing. That’s either Dak or Moore’s fault. They got away from the run and lost the game. The only way they get rid of these guys is to lose in round 1. A playoff win and they’re all back.

Couldn't agree more my friend. Been holding my tongue for many weeks now, mostly since the Packer loss. Trying to give them another chance and enjoy the ride for the most part, but no more. I've had it. Its still the same **** for 3 years and running.
The game plan and start was perfect and almost everything you want when starting a game on the road. We took advantage of our STRENGTH BY RUNNING AND POUNDING THE BALL with a little bit of play action thrown in there. It was damn near perfect. Then all of a sudden with about 4 minutes to go in the half, we abandon all that and start throwing the ball all over the place. Why, I don't know. Its not like the Jaguars where stopping the run and putting extra guys in the box. I guess McCarthy, Moore and Dak just decided that keeping momentum wasn't fun anymore and it was time for Dak, Lamb and the rest of the WR's to pad their stats. It didn't make sense. We had the Jaguars dead and buried at this point. You could see and feel the momentum swing halfway through the third period when the Jaguar half time adjustments took shape. Lawrence just kept attacking our Cb's and once we lost Vander Esch it seemed like the defense couldn't stop a nose bleed and turned to complete trash. No sacks from Parsons or the DL and maybe only one pressure, that was about it.
I'm with you Mr. B. I've said it for 3 years now and I'm going to say it again. McCarthy sucks and we new it coming in. He's a baffoon of a coach, is horrible at clock management and did not clean up the one thing Jerry wanted after the end of last season. We once again had way too many penalties. Some games double digit penalties. Appears holding players accountable and getting a firm grip on a team is not his thing. Maybe deep down he isn't very well respected by the players and the rest of the organization.
Kellen Moore once again showed me he is not cut out for the job. I blame him most for the game. Not only the change of momentum he gave up earlier by deciding to pass the ball, but the 3ird and 10 call with 1:14 left in regulation to me was so beyond stupid he should be fired this morning. Throwing a deep ball there and stopping the clock instead keeping the clock running and making the Jaguars use their last time out was shameful and sinful.
Number 3, Mr. B is right. This defense is over rated and too me does not have enough depth. The past few years we have been going through this. Once we start having some injuries on the defense things seem to fall apart miserably. Always starts with us getting gashed in the run game. Doesn't anyone in the Cowboy forum outside of Mr. B. know why I have been screaming for a DT every draft with more LB's as well?
And last but not least, which will not make Micah happy but that's on him. If he wants to continue to watch this rerun for the nest 5 plus years he can go for it. This is my third year in a row now and I'm going to say it once more. DAK IS NOT THE GUY. DAK IS NOT ELITE. Dak will never win a Super Bowl. He is just another Tony Romo rerun. Prescott just can't get it done in the most important and biggest moment regardless of who's fault it it. Those who disagree with me can sugar coat it anyway you want because I've been right about him all along. Same with junkie ass Elliot. Cowboy offense was so much better with Pollard the main guy. Not sure who to blame for the musical RB chair.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#85 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:20 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:We aren't moving on from Dak, regardless of what happens in the post season. What are we moving onto anyway? Back to the Quincy Carter days of searching for a QB? No thanks

I'll take what Dak did today any game. He did fine and that last INT was not his fault.

I think they should be throwing more to Lamb. That never fails.

I think you and Dak should get a motel room.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#86 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:22 pm

Mr B wrote:Image

:lol: :rofl: :rofl2: :falloff:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#87 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:26 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:This thread will get my bumps when Dak succeeds.

I have faith in him and today's loss was far from Dak's fault.

We will all be dead and buried by the time that happens. Dak sucks donkey ball and you know it. Just like Romo, in the biggest moments, when everything is on the line, when the lights shine the brightest, he doesn't come through or produce. You know Micah, there's a reason why Dak was a 4TH ROUND DRAFT CHOICE.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#88 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:31 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter

If you blame this game on Dak you are either

A. A Dak hater (BJJ)

B. low football IQ

It's one or the other.

I vote for hater !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! He sucks. He's not clutch. Doesn't produce in the biggest moments. Choker. Stupid. Easily raddled. Low I.Q. Horrible decision maker. I think he's an incest baby.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#89 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:33 pm

Fierce1 wrote:The Cowboys just don't have a legit #1 receiver.

But the Cowboys are still in good shape.

It's just unfortunate that winning the division is not possible now.

Cowboys don't have a legit QB or coach. Throw in the owner as well. Put the front office in there as well. STATE OF COWBOYS UNION !!
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#90 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 19, 2022 3:40 pm

Mr B wrote:Cowboys showing their ass

Serious question. Your the salary cap and contract expert in here. How much of a cap hit do we take, if at all, if we decide to trade Dak Prescott sometime after the season but before the draft? I see about 4 teams that could possibly be interested in Dak. Jets, Panthers, Texans and Saints.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,435

Post#91 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:23 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Serious question. Your the salary cap and contract expert in here. How much of a cap hit do we take, if at all, if we decide to trade Dak Prescott sometime after the season but before the draft? I see about 4 teams that could possibly be interested in Dak. Jets, Panthers, Texans and Saints.

$89,070,000 is the deadcap number if the Cowboys move on from him next year. That's how much they still will owe him in guarantees. Moving him isn't really an option.

That number drops to $40 million in 2024.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#92 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Dec 19, 2022 4:50 pm

SMH…

That is all.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#93 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:14 pm

Read on Twitter

Dak was clutch yesterday. He drove down the field, scored. Put up more than enough points for a victory. Only for Brown to deflect his perfectly placed pass into a defender.

This right here is what separates the realistic fans from the mouth breathers.

If you blame Dak for yesterday, none of your opinions can be taken seriously.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#94 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:41 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Serious question. Your the salary cap and contract expert in here. How much of a cap hit do we take, if at all, if we decide to trade Dak Prescott sometime after the season but before the draft? I see about 4 teams that could possibly be interested in Dak. Jets, Panthers, Texans and Saints.

$89,070,000 is the deadcap number if the Cowboys move on from him next year. That's how much they still will owe him in guarantees. Moving him isn't really an option.

We have Dak for at least 2 more seasons.

I'd really like to know what we would replace him with anyway. Drafting the next Mahomes is like winning the lottery basically. We'd be lucky just to have that QB progress to be as good as Dak is within 3 years.

Further, time and time again we are shown that you don't need a Mahomes level QB to win a ring. Stafford led the NFL in interceptions last season. Peyton Manning was the worst QB in the NFL when he won with Denver. The idea that we need the best QB in the universe to win is unrealistic and reaks of low football IQ.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#95 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Dec 19, 2022 5:45 pm

I mean, the defense utterly soiled itself yesterday and Kelvin Joseph is awful and our best run stuffer has another neck issue and our DPOY candidate is a one man band out there but let’s blame it on our QB making $40M.

Can’t make this s**t up.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#96 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:10 pm

Speaking of LVE… good news.

Read on Twitter
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,435

Post#97 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:22 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

I'd really like to know what we would replace him with anyway. Drafting the next Mahomes is like winning the lottery basically. We'd be lucky just to have that QB progress to be as good as Dak is within 3 years.

Geno is a free agent. :wink:

If the Cowboys had a high draft pick next year, then it might make sense to grab one. But honestly, this upcoming class of QB's isn't great outside of the top 2 guys.

Caleb Williams could be the next stud to come out in 2024. But he's going to be the #1 pick.

So maybe the Cowboys should tank next year? :dontknow:

Otis is an SC guy. I'm sure he'd love to get his hands on Williams.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#98 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:47 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Read on Twitter

Dak was clutch yesterday. He drove down the field, scored. Put up more than enough points for a victory. Only for Brown to deflect his perfectly placed pass into a defender.

This right here is what separates the realistic fans from the mouth breathers.

If you blame Dak for yesterday, none of your opinions can be taken seriously.

He sure was clutch. The 3ird and 18 INT deep in your own zone was the big play and momentum killer for the Jaguars. Between Kellen Moore's play calling and that one play, gave the Jaguars all the energy they need and there was no turning back. I'm not going to even argue with you anymore on Dak. Dak Prescott could pass gas and you would pass it off as perfume. You are so blind when it comes to Prescott.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#99 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 19, 2022 6:48 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:$89,070,000 is the deadcap number if the Cowboys move on from him next year. That's how much they still will owe him in guarantees. Moving him isn't really an option.

Geno is a free agent. :wink:

If the Cowboys had a high draft pick next year, then it might make sense to grab one. But honestly, this upcoming class of QB's isn't great outside of the top 2 guys.

Caleb Williams could be the next stud to come out in 2024. But he's going to be the #1 pick.

So maybe the Cowboys should tank next year? :dontknow:

Otis is an SC guy. I'm sure he'd love to get his hands on Williams.

Why bother tanking Jack. With the current leadership on this franchise they would also screw that up.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#100 » by Otis Driftwood » Mon Dec 19, 2022 7:29 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Otis is an SC guy. I'm sure he'd love to get his hands on Williams.

You know Jack… as much as I love my Trojans I also have this aversion of them in the NFofL as the last legitimately good one (and arguably the only one besides Pat Haden) was Carson Palmer. Feel the same way about tOSU QB’s through the years too although Justin Fields is trying to change my mind.

You can keep Geno… although he’s actually been way better than I ever thought he would be this season.

Return to Dallas Cowboys