Eagles vs. Cowboys - Christmas Day

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,041

Re: Eagles vs. Cowboys - Christmas Day 

Post#21 » by Mr B » Tue Dec 27, 2022 5:41 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Boys come back from 10 down to tie the game in the 3rd.

Regardless of what happens in this game, I think the Cowboys showed enough to put them in contender status.

I won't be surprised if they reach the NFC title game.

Just not sure if they can reach the Super Bowl though.

If we didn't have a turn over machine at QB I might agree with you.

Honestly at this point I’m more concerned with the defense. I mean Dak obviously still worries me too but this defense has been getting pounded through the air and Micah Parsons has disappeared. I’m still expecting a total collapse once the playoffs get here.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,320

Post#22 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 27, 2022 8:37 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Fierce1 wrote:Boys come back from 10 down to tie the game in the 3rd.

Regardless of what happens in this game, I think the Cowboys showed enough to put them in contender status.

I won't be surprised if they reach the NFC title game.

Just not sure if they can reach the Super Bowl though.

If we didn't have a turn over machine at QB I might agree with you.

Honestly at this point I’m more concerned with the defense. I mean Dak obviously still worries me too but this defense has been getting pounded through the air and Micah Parsons has disappeared. I’m still expecting a total collapse once the playoffs get here.

I can't disagree with you all that much. Defense has looked bad at times this past month. we have taken some hits in the injury department that hasn't helped. And your right, Parsons disappears at times. Looks to me he has been playing through injuries at times and just doesn't seem right. I don't worry about him much. The secondary is however really concerning to me at the moment. Anthony Brown is a huge loss. Vander Esch should be back and that will help a lot. But lets not ignore the fact that Prescott has put the defense in many bad situations with his bad play and decision making the past month or so.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,155

Post#23 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:18 am

If Dak is putting up 40+ points it is on the defense from there. Didn't matter if there is an int or 2 mixed in. That's s high powered offense.

Stafford led the NFL in ints last season. It comes with the territory of a high powered offense.

Our defense needs to give up less than 28.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#24 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:20 am

I'm expecting them to beat Tampa Bay and then lose.

So one and done.

Those are my expectations.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 556

Post#25 » by linery88 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 10:39 am

It would be nice if we beat the living crap out of Tampa,but it will most likely be a tough game 50/50 we win or lose.
I blame the **** NFL.They just put us on a Saturday game,and now another Thursday game.This league is a **** joke.No wonder we have had so many injuries to key guys lately who play a lot of the snaps,and were playing well up until recently.They were already banged up,and Micah is up,and down now.He will be ready for Tampa,but we need another healthy guy on the other side to destroy Tampa,and make the next game after that easier,so we can rest some guys going away late in the game with hopefully a big lead.If that happens we may have a chance to win more than one playoff game.Philly got some bad news with their starting OT out for the year,so if we were healthier,or can get healthier somehow,maybe we get to play them on the road in an NFC title game,but I wont hold my breath for that.Thanks NFL !
Why would an owner agree to his team playing all these games on less rest.You can total it up for the season if you want to,but the 10 days after a Thursday game-IMO, only help depending on how hurt or banged up you get on short rest in the first place.10 days rest might not be enough time to fully recover from playing on short rest.
When Jimmy was winning ,we had one
Thursday game ,and that was Thanksgiving,and that was it.
We need more luck than a lot of teams to go far now.Hopefully we can get that. :clap:
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 556

Post#26 » by linery88 » Wed Dec 28, 2022 11:20 am

:banghead: This team could win anywhere if they went back to what worked under Cooper,by going with 3 TE,s,and protecting Dak,with not many passes through the middle zone.Featuring the RB,s with runs,and short passes would free up great play action opportunities,but they will probably go the Jerrah way,and wanna impress the hell out of everyone.
If they rest whoever is hurt or banged up on defense and offense,and not play them for the rest of the season,they might be able to do some damage,if they follow what they did with Cooper.A SB would not be out of reach;who cares how they win it.
Philly should easily handle New Orleans,so then they win the East,but Dallas looks like they might play the injured defenders anyway because they still think they can win the East-duh. :cry:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#27 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:39 pm

Bucs lost Shaq Barrett which I don't think many people understand how significant that loss was. That's their star edge rusher. That's kinda like Dallas losing Micah Parsons although obviously not that severe.

They aren't the same team we faced week 1. We *should* beat them fairly handily.

Return to Dallas Cowboys