ImageImageImageImage

Cowboys vs. Titans.

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,284

Re: Cowboys vs. Titans. 

Post#61 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 1, 2023 6:14 pm

You can spend all day talking to yourself on this one if you wish.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#62 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 1, 2023 7:03 pm

linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
linery88 wrote:
This game meant nothing.Do we really think Philly is gonna lose to N.O using their backup,after what he did to us,and then lose to Ny ,and we win out.There is no point in going for the divison unless we were already leading it to being with-IMO.

It could possibly happen my friend. hurts is not the only one out. They also lost Lane Johnson which is huge.

Yes,losing him is huge,but IMO-they are going to be fine playing New Orleans at home.They are going to go all out to win it,and coming off the last game against us,their defense will be pissed.So after they win they will be able to rest very well.
I,ll be shocked if they lose to New Orleans.

Saints currently up 13-0 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,154

Post#63 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Jan 1, 2023 7:22 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:You can spend all day talking to yourself on this one if you wish.

"Youre right Zeke is #3 and there is no rebuttal to that"

:lol:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#64 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 1, 2023 7:30 pm

I have Dorsett, Smith, Perkins and Thomas as the top 4. After that, the debate begins.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,018

Post#65 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 1, 2023 7:39 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:How easily you guys forget how amazing prime Zeke was. Barber and Perkins were never on that level. Neither even had 1,000 rushing in a season.

Also you're probably suffering from "good old day syndrome"

Yardage
1. Emmitt Smith - 17,162
2. Tony Dorsett - 12,036
3. Ezekiel Elliott - 8,252
4. Don Perkins - 6,217
5. Calvin Hill - 5,009
6. Robert Newhouse - 4,784
7. DeMarco Murray - 4,526
8. Marion Barber III - 4,358
9. Walt Garrison - 3,886
10. Herschel Walker - 3,491

TDs
1. Emmitt Smith - 153
2. Tony Dorsett - 172
3. Ezekiel Elliott - 68
4. Marion Barber III - 47
5. Don Perkins - 42
6. Calvin Hill - 39
7. Robert Newhouse - 31
8. Walt Garrison - 30
9. DeMarco Murray - 28
10. Ron Springs - 28

Digging even deeper

Recieving
Zeke - 2,336 yds, 12 TDs
Perkins - 1,310 yds, 3 TDs
Barber - 1,330 yds, 6 TDs
Murray - 2,165 yds, 6 TDs

Best season
Zeke (2016) 1,631 yds, 15 TDs
Perkins (1962) 945 yds, 7 TDs (he never had a 1,000 rushing in a season)
Murray (2014) 1,845, 13 TDs (arguably better than Zeke 2016)
Barber (2009) 932 yds, 7 TDs (also never hit 1,000 in his career)

Zeke is also a superior blocker and pass protector.

He will also likely be in the HOF and ROH

His numbers are undisputedly #3 all time. It's really just a matter of being in acceptance of the fact he is #3.

Based on stats he’s 3rd best in Cowboys history. When it comes to Cowboys lore it’s not all about numbers. If it were all about numbers then Troy would like 4th best in Cowboys history and we all know that’s not the case.

Barber was on a team that was talented enough to go to the Super Bowl. He set the tone for that team. He was the lead back with a memorable style.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#66 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Jan 1, 2023 8:04 pm

"Lore" and what's real are two different things. I do think however that Zeke will be remembered as 3rd best from a lore standpoint as well. Barber never had a 1,000 yard season. I mean he had his barbarian moments but he never was on AllPro Zeke level and I think the vast majority if Dallas fans recognize that.

It's easy to hate on Zeke currently because he's past his prime and makes too much money, but prime Zeke was an absolute beast and an amazing athlete.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#67 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Jan 1, 2023 8:07 pm

What I will say, after going over all these RBs, is that Murray's 2014 is probably very underrated and arguably the greatest year a Dallas runner has ever had. Again his issue is longevity and that one season is really all he had that's noteworthy.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#68 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 1, 2023 8:33 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:What I will say, after going over all these RBs, is that Murray's 2014 is probably very underrated and arguably the greatest year a Dallas runner has ever had. Again his issue is longevity and that one season is really all he had that's noteworthy.

That was Romo’s last legit shot at a SB. That team was also very capable of winning a championship.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#69 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Jan 1, 2023 8:34 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:What I will say, after going over all these RBs, is that Murray's 2014 is probably very underrated and arguably the greatest year a Dallas runner has ever had. Again his issue is longevity and that one season is really all he had that's noteworthy.

That was Romo’s last legit shot at a SB. That team was also very capable of winning a championship.

Dez caught it.
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 556

Post#70 » by linery88 » Sun Jan 1, 2023 9:43 pm

Still think Philly gets the bye somehow.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#71 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 1, 2023 9:58 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Dez caught it.

Dez absolutely caught it
Mr B
RealGM

Post#72 » by Mr B » Sun Jan 1, 2023 9:59 pm

linery88 wrote:Still think Philly gets the bye somehow.

Cowboys need the a Vikings to lose this week (or next week) and need the Eagles to lose next week correct? If that happens Cowboys would be the #1 seed correct?
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#73 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Jan 1, 2023 10:20 pm

Mr B wrote:
linery88 wrote:Still think Philly gets the bye somehow.

Cowboys need the a Vikings to lose this week (or next week) and need the Eagles to lose next week correct? If that happens Cowboys would be the #1 seed correct?

Yes that's correct. I think the problem is that it's unlikely the Eagles lose next week given they will start Hurts.

The other issue I have, is that Dallas fans desperately need to see playoff wins. When Romos Cowboys got a BYE week no one really acknowledged the fact that a BYE is essentially a playoff win.

If Dallas goes in as a wildcard we have a really great shot at beating Tampa Bay. If we get the BYE I think it's likely we lose to SF or Philly in game 1.

I know realistically speaking we want the BYE. It just bothers me that it's much more likely we have no playoff success that route.
Fierce1
RealGM
And1: 10,969

Post#74 » by Fierce1 » Sun Jan 1, 2023 10:21 pm

linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
linery88 wrote:
This game meant nothing.Do we really think Philly is gonna lose to N.O using their backup,after what he did to us,and then lose to Ny ,and we win out.There is no point in going for the divison unless we were already leading it to being with-IMO.

It could possibly happen my friend. hurts is not the only one out. They also lost Lane Johnson which is huge.

Yes,losing him is huge,but IMO-they are going to be fine playing New Orleans at home.They are going to go all out to win it,and coming off the last game against us,their defense will be pissed.So after they win they will be able to rest very well.
I,ll be shocked if they lose to New Orleans.

So much for a sure Philly win, right? :lol:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#75 » by Micah Prescott » Sun Jan 1, 2023 10:22 pm

I guess the best possible scenario is Dallas getting the BYE and then both Philly and SF lose first round. I think we go to the Super Bowl in that situation.

That situation is HIGHLY unlikely though.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#76 » by linery88 » Sun Jan 1, 2023 10:32 pm

I,m worried that going for bye will catch up to us,and we will pay physically for it with some guys being even more banged up.Next time just beat damm GB....Now I expect us to be more banged up when we go to Tampa.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#77 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 1, 2023 10:34 pm

linery88 wrote:I,m worried that going for bye will catch up to us,and we will pay physically for it with some guys being even more banged up.Next time just beat damm GB....Now I expect us to be more banged up when we go to Tampa.

Unless we win and the Egals lose next week. We can rest and heal up during the bye week.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#78 » by linery88 » Sun Jan 1, 2023 10:36 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
linery88 wrote:I,m worried that going for bye will catch up to us,and we will pay physically for it with some guys being even more banged up.Next time just beat damm GB....Now I expect us to be more banged up when we go to Tampa.

Unless we win and the Egals lose next week. We can rest and heal up during the bye week.

But those kinds of things never happen to us anymore... :lol:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#79 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jan 1, 2023 10:44 pm

linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

You didn't give the Saints even a chance all week. Haven't you already learned your lesson by now? :wink: :lol:
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#80 » by linery88 » Sun Jan 1, 2023 11:09 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Unless we win and the Egals lose next week. We can rest and heal up during the bye week.

You didn't give the Saints even a chance all week. Haven't you already learned your lesson by now? :wink: :lol:

We never gets these kinds of breaks,and It will be shocking if Philly loses,and we beat Washington in Washington.
We never did well in those win,and in games in those 3 consecutive 8-8 seasons under Garrett.I was actually fine with us not getting a bye,so we could remain hot,or get hot to end the season,and continue into the playoffs.I have no faith in this teams ability to win a playoff game at home,even with a bye.There is something I like thats cool about rooting for them in the playoffs while they are on the road.Doesn,t mean we will auto-lose if we get in as a W.C.,and doesn,t mean we will auto-win with a bye,and a home playoff game.For some reason for this season I think it would be better for them to go on the road,and have to win out to get there.Too many times being favored etc,and over hyped,and not winning.On the road would force this team into having to be more disciplined etc.._IMO.

Return to Dallas Cowboys