ImageImageImageImage

Wild Card Weekend. Dallas Cowboys vs. Tampa Bay Bucs!

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Wild Card Weekend. Dallas Cowboys vs. Tampa Bay Bucs! 

Post#1 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jan 10, 2023 7:41 pm

I bet there are many Cowboy coaches and players already looking over their shoulders going into this game. Cowboys lose this game and Jerry will blow a gasket. :nod: :wizard:
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Re: Wild Card Weekend. Dallas Cowboys vs. Tampa Bay Bucs! 

Post#2 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 12, 2023 4:07 pm

Until the Cowboys can prove that they can win in the playoffs I’m expecting a loss. Brady will make his record 8-0 against the Cowboys on Monday night.
linery88
Bench Warmer
And1: 541

Post#3 » by linery88 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:07 pm

In an interview Jerry said he would not fire McCarthy if we lost this game.Several other different media members are convinced that he is lying.
It would be nice to get Payton locked up long term if McCarthy is let go,but I still dont see it because Payton wants to run things,and Jerry already knows that.I think that if Payton comes here somehow,and they make an arrangement that Jerry will back off,Jerry can always reneg if he feels like it.if Payton does come,I would not expect a long term deal.We,ll see.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,136

Post#4 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:14 pm

Jerry absolutely has to say that. He has to instill that he has all the confidence in the world of his staff and players to go out there and win.

The alternative is him saying that he doesn't like how everyone has been performing and they are all fired if they lose which would create an absolutely horrible relationship going forward if they do have success.

It's all PR, it's all proper business relations, it's all saying the correct words even though it might not be the reality.

I guarantee you that McCarthy and the entire coaching staff will fear the worst if Dallas loses. The players not so much though outside of the ones who are going to be let go regardless of the outcome.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#5 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:20 pm

I think Dallas will win but would not be surprised if they lost either. It should be close.

For as bad as Dallas has looked going into this game, Tampa Bay has also looked bad. These teams are in somewhat similar situations.

Brady has thrown 6 INTs over his last 4 games and has finally started to look his age. That said I could see him suddenly turning it on come playoff time.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#6 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Jan 12, 2023 5:24 pm

You fools will just point at Dak no matter what happens but the key to this game is our defense stopping that bulldozer Fournette from running up the middle on us all game. He had 127 yards week 1 and that is our achilles heel which was further exposed by Green Bay and others.

They have to stop the run. If they don't plug up Fournette we are in for a long night.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,970

Post#7 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:11 pm

linery88 wrote:In an interview Jerry said he would not fire McCarthy if we lost this game.Several other different media members are convinced that he is lying.
It would be nice to get Payton locked up long term if McCarthy is let go,but I still dont see it because Payton wants to run things,and Jerry already knows that.I think that if Payton comes here somehow,and they make an arrangement that Jerry will back off,Jerry can always reneg if he feels like it.if Payton does come,I would not expect a long term deal.We,ll see.

Specifically why one should tune out any and all of Jerry's blathering...
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
linery88
Bench Warmer

Post#8 » by linery88 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:58 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
linery88 wrote:In an interview Jerry said he would not fire McCarthy if we lost this game.Several other different media members are convinced that he is lying.

Specifically why one should tune out any and all of Jerry's blathering...

Yes.But If you can put yourself in the players/coaches etc shoes,and hearing/seeing what goes on day in day out.We,ll never know or see the effect an owner,and his mouth can have on any one player.We may never hear a former this or that ever say "Jerry was a distraction"
Payton would be a great fit for disciplines sake.I thought McCarthy would of as well.Its gotta be the players who should know their **** business by now to be the ones to just focus,and do their job.I think it may be harder for some more than others to block him out.
linery88
Bench Warmer

Post#9 » by linery88 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:32 pm

I like Dak,always have.The Cowboys org.. are stupid for putting it all on him,and when you see the same results over,and over again,it sux.I have never wanted Dak to be put in the position of it all being on him all the time,just because he has his huge contract,and its now expected just like that.Its clear now that he isn,t there yet for whatever reason.If they run 60 percent they have a much better winning pct this season,but for some reason they dont have the will or smarts or personnel or too many injuries or whatever to mandate or continue to pound this point home.If they would commit to the run more,and put in a system for it,it would make it easier for Dak to shine on play action etc...
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:32 pm

linery88 wrote:Payton would be a great fit for disciplines sake.I thought McCarthy would of as well.Its gotta be the players who should know their **** business by now to be the ones to just focus and do their job.I think it may be harder for some more than others to block him out.

Knowing that Payton was here 20 years ago under Parcells... you think Jerry would treat Payton any different than he treated Parcells? I can assure you - Jerry will ALWAYS be Jerry. Meaning he will always be available to the players and if the players feel the HC isn't being fair with them they will go over the HC's head and if that player happens to be one of Jerry's pets then they will get preferential treatment... as they have since Jerry bought the team.

Payton knows that. Which is why everyone who believes in their core that he's Jerry's coach in waiting needs to take a long, deep breath and revisit Parcells time here and remember Jerry saying CLEARLY that he would never again give up any of the responsibilities he did for Parcells. For a guy like Payton, I have to believe that is a complete non-starter.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#11 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:37 pm

And for the record...

Cowboys will win Monday night.
linery88
Bench Warmer

Post#12 » by linery88 » Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:40 pm

Cowboys 24 TB 20
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,957

Post#13 » by Mr B » Thu Jan 12, 2023 11:58 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:You fools will just point at Dak no matter what happens but the key to this game is our defense stopping that bulldozer Fournette from running up the middle on us all game. He had 127 yards week 1 and that is our achilles heel which was further exposed by Green Bay and others.

They have to stop the run. If they don't plug up Fournette we are in for a long night.

If Dak continues his string of pick 6’s he will definitely get blasted here and across all social media platforms (deservedly so).
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#14 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Jan 13, 2023 2:10 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:You fools will just point at Dak no matter what happens but the key to this game is our defense stopping that bulldozer Fournette from running up the middle on us all game. He had 127 yards week 1 and that is our achilles heel which was further exposed by Green Bay and others.

If Dak continues his string of pick 6’s he will definitely get blasted here and across all social media platforms (deservedly so).

Ift depends if it bounces off a WR chest but if we lose half the fans will blame it on Dak no matter what he does. Because most fans are too simple minded to look past the QB.

Hell bjj has already blamed Dak for this loss and we haven't even played yet. :lol:

If we look back at game 1, the reason they beat us was Fournette up the middle for 127 yards. That's the reason Green Bay beat us.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jan 13, 2023 3:59 pm

Every team has to stop the run in a playoff game and the Cowboys included heading into this one. But you can play defense well and still lose the game when your QB turns the ball over and has pick sixes to go along with it. Hard to win games when your offense can't get a first down and turns the ball over 3 times a game or starts out with a pick 6 and your put your team down 10-0 or 14-0 to start out the game. I disagree. I believe the offense is the key in this game. The O-line and the running must be dominate so we don't have to put the game in Dak's hands. If its a one score game or its close and Dak has to pull out the game for us, I believe we lose and everything blows up next week.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#16 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:01 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Ift depends if it bounces off a WR chest but if we lose half the fans will blame it on Dak no matter what he does. Because most fans are too simple minded to look past the QB.

Hell bjj has already blamed Dak for this loss and we haven't even played yet. :lol:

If we look back at game 1, the reason they beat us was Fournette up the middle for 127 yards. That's the reason Green Bay beat us.

Because you and Dak sleep with each other and nothing is ever his fault. You just won't admit that Dak is just an average QB that will never get the Cowboys over the hump. It an unhealthy man crush on your part.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#17 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:21 pm

Sometimes it's Dak's fault, sometimes it isn't. He is a "good" QB but not elite. He's in the 10-12 range which is around what Stafford is. He's good enough to win a SB and not only that but he's our only option. I *might* be on board with ditching Dak if I could see there was a clearly better alternative but there isn't. Drafting a QB is almost always a 3 year growth process and TBH I do not want to spend the next 5 years grooming or hunting down our next starter. Dak isn't perfect but he's our best option so I am going to root for him to win because that is being a fan 101.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#18 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Jan 13, 2023 4:27 pm

Drew Bledsoe
Vinny Testaverde
Drew Henson
Quincy Carter
Chad Hutchinson
Anthony Wright
Ryan Leaf
Clint Stoerner

Here are the 8 starting QBs we went through in between Aikman and Romo. This was 5 wasted years for Cowboy fans.

When yo have a legit starter that's just "good" you need to hang onto him because they are very rare. We were extremely lucky to be able to go from Romo to Dak without doing this again. There are many franchises we can point out who are in a never ending QB hunt. Not fun times.
linery88
Bench Warmer

Post#19 » by linery88 » Fri Jan 13, 2023 5:41 pm

Not me.I like to remain objective when it comes to Dak,but 14 picks in less than a season.
I hope he has good luck against TB because if I see a pick early deep in our zone even if its tipped...i,m not sure how i,m gonna react to that because i have been trying to be patient as i can with him.If we win it wont matter though but that **** has to stop happening now.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#20 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Jan 13, 2023 6:06 pm

linery88 wrote:

Not me.I like to remain objective when it comes to Dak,but 14 picks in less than a season.
I hope he has good luck against TB because if I see a pick early deep in our zone even if its tipped...i,m not sure how i,m gonna react to that because i have been trying to be patient as i can with him.If we win it wont matter though but that **** has to stop happening now.

Read on Twitter

Roughly half were not his fault. The last one to Kendal Fuller vs Commanders was on Dak but anyone who has been following this season who is unbiased and objective should be able to declare that Dak had a high % of INTs this season that simply were not his doing.

That said, they need to stop regardless if it is on the WR or Dak. Our WRs need to catch the ball and run the correct routes.

Return to Dallas Cowboys