ImageImageImageImage

Wild Card Weekend. Dallas Cowboys vs. Tampa Bay Bucs!

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,451

Re: Wild Card Weekend. Dallas Cowboys vs. Tampa Bay Bucs! 

Post#121 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:45 am

Mr B wrote:I guess if you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=14FLSULKigdXKf65GA6spg

He did the same thing to Tariq Woolen earlier this year.

Read on Twitter

He's does stuff like this all the time & gets away with it.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#122 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:25 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:I guess if you ain’t cheating you ain’t trying.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=14FLSULKigdXKf65GA6spg

He did the same thing to Tariq Woolen earlier this year.

Read on Twitter

He's does stuff like this all the time & gets away with it.

Not in retirement he won't... unless he plans on doing this to his kids.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,154

Post#123 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 18, 2023 2:42 pm

Apparently this is the first time in NFL history that 3 teams from the same division are all in the divisional round of the playoffs.

NFCE baby.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#124 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:10 pm

Going over the 49ers recent games. Man, they are really good. I've had it in my mind that they are just a defensive juggernaut but the reality is that their offense is just as dominant. They put up lots of points and I am not sure how we are supposed to contain McCaffery. For us to win this game our offense is going to need to stay on the field and we are definitely going to need some fortunate turnovers.

I don't like our odds at winning this at all TBH and I think the 49ers are the best team remaining. I expect them to win the Super Bowl. If we do manage to get by them, we are going all the way lol.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#125 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:32 pm

The 49ers have won their last 11 games and are undefeated since signing McCaffrey.

How is the spread only 3.5 points? We just got raped by Washington 2 games ago and just being at home is supposed to be a 3 point lean.

I might have to place a bet on the 49ers and if I lose oh well. This spread is just off.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#126 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 18, 2023 3:44 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
That's strange, going into this game you said that everyone on the team was garbage except for Parsons and Pollard. Especially Dak. I guess we are supposed to pretend you didn't belittle the entire franchise? You'll just jump right back on the bandwagon because that is what bandwagon fans do. They abandon their team during the hard times, and only wear their jersey proud during the good times. That's also known as being a FRAUD.

Don't worry, I'll be here to remind you that you are a bandwagoner. Can't let you forget.

No. Now your putting word into my mouth. I don't hate the whole team. The only people on the team I hate is Jerry, Dak, Zeke, Kellen Moore and Mike McCarthy. You can't find a post anywhere in here stating otherwise. Those 5, that's it. Instead of just enjoying the win with everyone your just trying to create drama where there is none.
So now we are at a spot for only the 7th time in 26 years. The divisional round where we currently are 0-6 since our last Super Bowl. I'm just being reserved till we get over this last hurdle which has been haunting us for 26 years. Until we get by the next round, the curse of Jerry still exist.
And don't worry, I'll be here to remind you when the wheels come off again. Dak and the boys haven't accomplished anything yet. It will most likely be another 5 or 6 games before Dak has the same type of performance he had yesterday. I hope he does, but I'm not holding my breath. Honestly, I can't remember the last time Dak has had two clean games in a row.

Because besides today that is literally ALL you do. Whine, complain, talk about how horrid this team is. How Dak is "dumb" and isn't the guy. You're basically an Eagle fan in disguise. You want me to just forget about all that and enjoy it? No fing way :lol:

You are a fraud, and phony, a miserable bandwagoner, and the worst type of fan imaginable. You are the blueprint of what a fan should not be. If San Fran wins next week you'll be celebrating while pointing fingers and going right back to be what you are. Telling everyone "I told you they suck". And you can have that moment, but I'm not going to let you have this one. This one is for the real fans. The fans that have supported through it all, and that isn't you.

You can be miserable all you want. I plan on enjoying the whole week as we all should. You should join in because it may not last long before the season is over.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#127 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:03 pm

Mr B wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Sometimes it's Dak's fault, sometimes it isn't. He is a "good" QB but not elite. He's in the 10-12 range which is around what Stafford is. He's good enough to win a SB and not only that but he's our only option. I *might* be on board with ditching Dak if I could see there was a clearly better alternative but there isn't. Drafting a QB is almost always a 3 year growth process and TBH I do not want to spend the next 5 years grooming or hunting down our next starter. Dak isn't perfect but he's our best option so I am going to root for him to win because that is being a fan 101.

Dak has to prove he can go deep in the playoffs before we can say he’s good enough to win the SB. So far he hasn’t proven he can do either. We shouldn’t anoint him before he actually does it.

I totally agree and we have been saying for 4 years and counting now. 1 great game does make you elite. What makes you elite is putting 3 or 4 great games together when it matters most and everything is on the line.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#128 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:06 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:No. Now your putting word into my mouth. I don't hate the whole team. The only people on the team I hate is Jerry, Dak, Zeke, Kellen Moore and Mike McCarthy. You can't find a post anywhere in here stating otherwise. Those 5, that's it. Instead of just enjoying the win with everyone your just trying to create drama where there is none.
So now we are at a spot for only the 7th time in 26 years. The divisional round where we currently are 0-6 since our last Super Bowl. I'm just being reserved till we get over this last hurdle which has been haunting us for 26 years. Until we get by the next round, the curse of Jerry still exist.
And don't worry, I'll be here to remind you when the wheels come off again. Dak and the boys haven't accomplished anything yet. It will most likely be another 5 or 6 games before Dak has the same type of performance he had yesterday. I hope he does, but I'm not holding my breath. Honestly, I can't remember the last time Dak has had two clean games in a row.

Because besides today that is literally ALL you do. Whine, complain, talk about how horrid this team is. How Dak is "dumb" and isn't the guy. You're basically an Eagle fan in disguise. You want me to just forget about all that and enjoy it? No fing way :lol:

You are a fraud, and phony, a miserable bandwagoner, and the worst type of fan imaginable. You are the blueprint of what a fan should not be. If San Fran wins next week you'll be celebrating while pointing fingers and going right back to be what you are. Telling everyone "I told you they suck". And you can have that moment, but I'm not going to let you have this one. This one is for the real fans. The fans that have supported through it all, and that isn't you.

You can be miserable all you want. I plan on enjoying the whole week as we all should. You should join in because it may not last long before the season is over.

Where was this positive attitude going into last week? Or the entire season for that matter...

I mean I'm glad you are your calls for Cooper Rush to start but you still have some more ground to make up.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#129 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:14 pm

I always call it the way I see it. When they do well and see things I like, I bring it up. When they suck and do things I disagree with, I also point it out. If you can't handle some of the things I say or feel about the Cowboys, maybe you should just put me on ignore. To answer your question, none of us were very positive after the Washington game and most certainly not positive after the Tampa Bay game, where we lost so badly and your boy for the net 5 weeks. So don't get on my **** like that. Just go back and look what everyone posted after those games. Your just trying to create drama by just targeting me.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#130 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:31 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I always call it the way I see it. When they do well and see things I like, I bring it up. When they suck and do things I disagree with, I also point it out. If you can't handle some of the things I say or feel about the Cowboys, maybe you should just put me on ignore. To answer your question, none of us were very positive after the Washington game and most certainly not positive after the Tampa Bay game, where we lost so badly and your boy for the net 5 weeks. So don't get on my **** like that. Just go back and look what everyone posted after those games. Your just trying to create drama by just targeting me.

Exactly that's called being a bandwagoner. When they suck you hate the team and let everyone know it, but when they are doing well you suddenly transform into a huge fan.

Real fans stick through the hard times, they do not abandon. They don't run away in shame.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#131 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:38 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:I always call it the way I see it. When they do well and see things I like, I bring it up. When they suck and do things I disagree with, I also point it out. If you can't handle some of the things I say or feel about the Cowboys, maybe you should just put me on ignore. To answer your question, none of us were very positive after the Washington game and most certainly not positive after the Tampa Bay game, where we lost so badly and your boy for the net 5 weeks. So don't get on my **** like that. Just go back and look what everyone posted after those games. Your just trying to create drama by just targeting me.

Exactly that's called being a bandwagoner. When they suck you hate the team and let everyone know it, but when they are doing well you suddenly transform into a huge fan.

Real fans stick through the hard times, they do not abandon. They don't run away in shame.

Micah, cut the **** for Christ sake. Many if not all teams in the NFL get called out by their fans all the time. And I will call out my team any fu....g time I feel like whether you approve of it or not. Only stupid fans continue to take it up the ass by Jerry and like it. Everyone in this forum has a right to call out our team when they see something they don't like. so get off your high horse and enjoy this win and start looking forward to the Whiners game. Jesus. I think you have female hormones or something. Maybe a mid life crisis on your end. i don't know. Can I recommend a therapist for you?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#132 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:41 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:

Exactly that's called [u]being a bandwagoner.[/u] When they suck you hate the team and let everyone know it, but when they are doing well you suddenly transform into a huge fan.

That's why I have a blue room in my house, valuable football cards, jerseys and over $30,000 of memorbelia that I have collected since 1970. You don't know ****.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#133 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:44 pm

Nope. I called out Dak after the Washington game, I said that is the worst game of his career. I pinned the INT on him because that one was actually on him. It was me making the realistic comments.

YOU on the other hand make it clear that we can not win with Dak, he is not "the guy", he is "dumb". You flat out dislike him and disrespect him. And that's just Dak, you do it with almost everyone. You declared our draft to be a bust before week 1 even happened.

There is a huge difference there. Once you cross that line into "they will never win anything" you need to eat crow when they actually do.

Dak was amazing against Tampa, and I'm here to feed you crow....eat up
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#134 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 18, 2023 4:50 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Nope. I called out Dak after the Washington game, I said that is the worst game of his career. I pinned the INT on him because that one was actually on him. It was me making the realistic comments.

YOU on the other hand make it clear that we can not win with Dak, he is not "the guy", he is "dumb". You flat out dislike him and disrespect him. And that's just Dak, you do it with almost everyone. You declared our draft to be a bust before week 1 even happened.

There is a huge difference there. Once you cross that line into "they will never win anything" you need to eat crow when they actually do.

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#135 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:01 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Nope. I called out Dak after the Washington game, I said that is the worst game of his career. I pinned the INT on him because that one was actually on him. It was me making the realistic comments.

I still don't believe Dak is the guy and until he can prove he can get us to a championship or super bowl I won't change my mind. You think calling out Dak once in 7 years gives you permission to go off on me and the rest of us as being disrespectful to Dak because he hasn't given any of us a reason to trust him for the past 7 years. Its about expectations. He doesn't live up to them despite your constant sugar coating on his behalf for 3 years and running. he hasn't shown anything or proven anything beyond making the playoffs once in while and has only 2 wild card wins in 7 years. 98% of the time you are always making excuses for him and blaming everyone else. I swear you are either related to this guy or just have an unhealthy man crush on him which is why I suggested a therapist for you. So tell me Mr. High and Mighty, when was the last time Dak played 3 clean games in a row in the playoffs? Or even 3 clean games in a row vs. good or great teams?
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#136 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:12 pm

I root for Dak to succeed because I am a Cowboys fan. It comes with the territory :lol:

You have declared that he sucks and you want to move on from him. You want a new QB.

And now you want to celebrate when he does well? Nope.

Hell even with this monster game he just had you're still like "but....but..but". If he plays well against SF and Dallas wins if you don't flat out say "I was wrong about Dak" then you are an absolute joke. I mean you should be saying it now but you aren't. Still want Cooper Rush in there who only scored 2 TDs one time this season.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#137 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:20 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Apparently this is the first time in NFL history that 3 teams from the same division are all in the divisional round of the playoffs.

NFCE baby.

Someone asked about this on Twitter...

Here is every time a division has had three teams make the playoffs:

• 2006 NFC East: Eagles (10–6), Cowboys (9–7), Giants (8–8)
  • 2007 NFC East: Cowboys (13–3), Giants (10–6), Washington (9–7)
  • 2007 AFC South: Colts (13–3), Jaguars (11–5), Titans (10–6)
  • 2011 AFC North: Ravens (12–4), Steelers (12–4), Bengals (9–7)
  • 2013 AFC West: Broncos (13–3), Chiefs (11–5), Chargers (9–7)
  • 2014 AFC North: Steelers (11–5), Bengals (10-5-1), Ravens (10–6)
  • 2017 NFC South: Saints (11–5), Panthers (11–5), Falcons (10–6)
  • 2020 AFC North: Steelers (12–4), Ravens (11–5), Browns (11–5)
  • 2021 NFC West: Rams (12–5), Cardinals (11–6), 49ers (10–7)
  • 2022 NFC East: Eagles (14–3), Cowboys (12–5), Giants (9–7-1)
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#138 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:29 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:Apparently this is the first time in NFL history that 3 teams from the same division are all in the divisional round of the playoffs.

NFCE baby.

Divisional round though? I think this is the first time past the Wild Card round.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#139 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Jan 18, 2023 5:48 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

NFCE baby.

Divisional round though? I think this is the first time past the Wild Card round.

That may well be... I need someone to do my homework for me. :lol:

Update - I did my own homework because I was very curious...

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfc-east-becomes-first-division-since-1997-to-have-three-teams-make-divisional-r#:~:text=With%20the%20Philadelphia%20Eagles%20sporting,Round%20of%20the%202022%20playoffs.

Not since 1997 in the old NFC Central had three teams from the same division made it this far into the playoffs. That season the Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings and Tampa Bay Buccaneers all made the Divisional Round (the NFC Central had four teams in the postseason, with the Bucs beating the Lions in the Wild Card Round).
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#140 » by Micah Prescott » Wed Jan 18, 2023 6:03 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:

That may well be... I need someone to do my homework for me. :lol:

Update - I did my own homework because I was very curious...

https://www.nfl.com/news/nfc-east-becomes-first-division-since-1997-to-have-three-teams-make-divisional-r#:~:text=With%20the%20Philadelphia%20Eagles%20sporting,Round%20of%20the%202022%20playoffs.

Not since 1997 in the old NFC Central had three teams from the same division made it this far into the playoffs. That season the Green Bay Packers, Minnesota Vikings and Tampa Bay Buccaneers all made the Divisional Round (the NFC Central had four teams in the postseason, with the Bucs beating the Lions in the Wild Card Round).

Ah good to know. Maybe what I had read was only including the modern North, East, South, West. The list you have above is probably that as well.

Return to Dallas Cowboys