Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Re: ** Divisional Round - Cowboys vs. 49ers ** 

Post#241 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:01 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:You may not care but the Cowboys do. You can’t cut him or trade him and take the $89M dead cap hit. They wouldn’t have the cap space to pay the guys they already have signed much less any of their own free agents or draft picks if they cut or trade Dak. He’s here for at least 1 or 2 more seasons. So expect to see this same story line play out next year and the year after that.

If we waited one more year to trade Dak we can save 50 mill on the cap hit and also get a first round draft pick. I understand the cap hit is too big to do it this year but that doesn't mean I have to like it. You know as much as I do its over for Dak and we are not going anywhere with him in the playoffs. I just want to move on from him as soon as possible. And get rid of Elliott as well. What a horrible contract that turned out to be.

Even after next season Dak would still have a $39M dead cap hit. I still think that would be too much. And I don’t see anyone giving the Cowboys a 1st round pick for Dak.

A lot of chatter from many Cowboy fans wanting to trade Dak for Carr thinking it would be a bargain. I don't know about that.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,168

Post#242 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:11 pm

Elite defenses hardly ever remain in tact for extended years. That's why we have to push all in now and sign some big free agents.

The idea that we are going to quickly replace Dak with someone better is an absolute pipe dream. Sorry but that just isn't realistic at all. I agree that we should draft one, and start grooming, like we did Cooper. But it is highly unlikely that a late drafted QB will end up as our long term Super Bowl winning future. We have much better odds just going for it now with Dak.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#243 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:13 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:If we waited one more year to trade Dak we can save 50 mill on the cap hit and also get a first round draft pick. I understand the cap hit is too big to do it this year but that doesn't mean I have to like it. You know as much as I do its over for Dak and we are not going anywhere with him in the playoffs. I just want to move on from him as soon as possible. And get rid of Elliott as well. What a horrible contract that turned out to be.

Even after next season Dak would still have a $39M dead cap hit. I still think that would be too much. And I don’t see anyone giving the Cowboys a 1st round pick for Dak.

A lot of chatter from many Cowboy fans wanting to trade Dak for Carr thinking it would be a bargain. I don't know about that.

Then they didn't watch Carr this season. :lol:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#244 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:15 pm

linery88 wrote:I dont wanna see Dak throw into double coverage anymore.That injury to
Pollard had an effect on Dak.

And Jerry will use this injury as an offseason excuse for him and Dumb Dak.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,496

Post#245 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:18 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:If we waited one more year to trade Dak we can save 50 mill on the cap hit and also get a first round draft pick. I understand the cap hit is too big to do it this year but that doesn't mean I have to like it. You know as much as I do its over for Dak and we are not going anywhere with him in the playoffs. I just want to move on from him as soon as possible. And get rid of Elliott as well. What a horrible contract that turned out to be.

Going from Dak to Carr would be an actual downgrade.

The Raiders are moving on from him for a reason.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#246 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:21 pm

The only trades I could even see happening are for Russell Wilson, who is 5 years older and makes more money than Dak. Or Kyler Murray who also makes more than Dak.

Those teams probably want out of their QB contracts bad.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#247 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:22 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Even after next season Dak would still have a $39M dead cap hit. I still think that would be too much. And I don’t see anyone giving the Cowboys a 1st round pick for Dak.

Going from Dak to Carr would be a downgrade.

I'm not saying I like it. Just saying that's what many of them are saying. I feel the same way about Carr as I do Dak. They both suck and are stupid. Of course I feel the same about them as I did Romo. Common denominator between all 3, you can't fix stupid. :giveup: :giveup:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#248 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:23 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Even after next season Dak would still have a $39M dead cap hit. I still think that would be too much. And I don’t see anyone giving the Cowboys a 1st round pick for Dak.

Going from Dak to Carr would be an actual downgrade.

I still make a play for Rodgers. Screw it.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#249 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:24 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:The only trades I could even see happening are for Russell Wilson, who is 5 years older and makes more money than Dak. Or Kyler Murray who also makes more than Dak.

Denver is stuck with Russ after he signed that extension. He's been declining for a couple of years now.

While Kyler is more concerned about how much time he can dedicate to playing Call of Duty.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#250 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:24 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:A lot of chatter from many Cowboy fans wanting to trade Dak for Carr thinking it would be a bargain. I don't know about that.

Going from Dak to Carr would be a downgrade.

I'm not saying I like it. Just saying that's what many of them are saying. I feel the same way about Carr as I do Dak. They both suck and are stupid. Of course I feel the same about them as I did Romo. Common denominator between all 3, you can't fix stupid. :giveup: :giveup:

All three of those individuals possess a higher IQ than you. :lol:

Romo is actually highly intelligent.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#251 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:26 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Micah Prescott wrote:The only trades I could even see happening are for Russell Wilson, who is 5 years older and makes more money than Dak. Or Kyler Murray who also makes more than Dak.

Denver is stuck with Russ after he signed that extension. He's been declining for a couple of years now.

Kyler is more concerned about how much time he can dedicate to playing Call of Duty.

I wouldn't want to trade for either. A change of scenery can be good though. Or bad.

But for a realistic trade to happen it would be a QB on a down year like them who also have large contracts like Daks.

Either that or we are trading 3 first round picks to a team who wants to rebuild.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#252 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:34 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Going from Dak to Carr would be a downgrade.

All three of those individuals possess a higher IQ than you. :lol:

Romo is actually highly intelligent.

Like I said, you can fix stupid. :lol: :lol:
linery88
Sixth Man
And1: 571

Post#253 » by linery88 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:35 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
linery88 wrote:Losing Pollard did something to their confidence level.This team has to play flawless to win.Cant recall the last ugly win where we had no business winning a game happened.

And out 24 million dollar man Zeke is cashed and couldn't pick up the slack after Pollard went out. I'm still all out with Elliott. Wanted to get rid of him 3 years ago. Use the savings to bring in Rodgers for a couple years and start looking for another replacement NOW.

I wish they had at least given Malik the ball right away to show them we are still in this.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#254 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:35 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Kyler is more concerned about how much time he can dedicate to playing Call of Duty.

That goes for many fans as well. You just can't fix stupid. :noway:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#255 » by Micah Prescott » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:45 pm

linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
linery88 wrote:Losing Pollard did something to their confidence level.This team has to play flawless to win.Cant recall the last ugly win where we had no business winning a game happened.

And out 24 million dollar man Zeke is cashed and couldn't pick up the slack after Pollard went out. I'm still all out with Elliott. Wanted to get rid of him 3 years ago. Use the savings to bring in Rodgers for a couple years and start looking for another replacement NOW.

I wish they had at least given Malik the ball right away to show them we are still in this.

I don't think the runner is the biggest issue, that is #1 rush defense in the NFL. Prime Barry Sanders would have issues moving the ball on that D. They just have a very brutal defense. Fred Warner might be the most underrated LB in the game. That guy is always where the ball is.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#256 » by linery88 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:46 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:

Carr was good under Gruden,but stunk under McDaniel.He appears to need a hard nosed coach like Gruden,and I doubt McCarthy is like that.I wouldn,t want Carr.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#257 » by linery88 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:49 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:
linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:And out 24 million dollar man Zeke is cashed and couldn't pick up the slack after Pollard went out. I'm still all out with Elliott. Wanted to get rid of him 3 years ago. Use the savings to bring in Rodgers for a couple years and start looking for another replacement NOW.

I don't think the runner is the biggest issue, that is #1 rush defense in the NFL. Prime Barry Sanders would have issues moving the ball on that D. They just have a very brutal defense. Fred Warner might be the most underrated LB in the game. That guy is always where the ball is.

We were running the ball well enough until Pollard injury.He averaged almost 4 yards a pop.
To me after Pollard left they played the game like they were trying not to lose.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#258 » by linery88 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 7:53 pm

We need to draft some more OLinemen.Our best keep breaking down,and are too banged up late season/playoffs.If we can protect Dak better,and run better,we are unbeatable,just like we were when Romo came so close in 2k 15 with his Oline.
Dak would really have to play better,and no piks.Even if his piks are tipped it doesn,t help his confidence going forward,unless he can string together consecutive non pik games.
linery88
Sixth Man

Post#259 » by linery88 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:14 pm

This is unacceptable !!
https://www.yardbarker.com/nfl/articles/cowboys_twitter_account_seems_to_place_blame_for_loss_on_dak_prescotts_shoulders/s1_13132_38384872
I expect this tweet to be removed later today.Should have never been put up in the first place,and seeing Jerry giving our kicker a pep talk was brutal.Jerry is in their heads.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#260 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:33 pm

linery88 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:A lot of chatter from many Cowboy fans wanting to trade Dak for Carr thinking it would be a bargain. I don't know about that.

Carr was good under Gruden,but stunk under McDaniel.He appears to need a hard nosed coach like Gruden,and I doubt McCarthy is like that.I wouldn,t want Carr.

The Raiders have had two winning seasons with him as the starter. He's never won a playoff game.

Dak gets a ton of crap from fans. Some of it is deserved. But I would gladly take him over Carr.

Return to Dallas Cowboys