ImageImageImageImage

2023 Cowboys Offseason News & Notes

Moderator: Texas Chuck

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Re: 2023 Cowboys Offseason News & Notes 

Post#501 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jun 2, 2023 3:06 pm

Mr B wrote:I really love to hear this. If both of these guys can step up this season the Cowboys are going to have some serious depth at WR and DL. They are **** loaded at DE/Edge.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg

Problem is they have no QB to get them the ball and a coach that doesn't know how to put those players in a position to succeed. Dak has 35 turnovers in his last 31 games in his 6th and 7th year in the NFL. Doesn't matter who they put back there for WR's if the QB keeps turning the ball over to the other team. I thought we were going to run more. That's what McCarthy has been saying for months. Having Dumb Dak throwing too much is a recipe for disaster as we have already witnessed the past 4 years.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,135

Post#502 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Jun 2, 2023 5:26 pm

Dak has the exact same INT% (interceptions per attempt) as Allen and Burrow

Prescott = 2.0%
Joe Burrow = 2.0%
Allen = 2.0%

Mahomes = 1.6%
Stafford = 2.4% (Stafford throws more INTs than Dak does, and has a ring)

Mahomes is clearly on another level, but Dak is in the group below that (when it comes to INTs)

Also Dak's INTs were an outlier last year and basically half of them were on the WR. We shouldn't expect the same thing next year.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#503 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jun 2, 2023 6:23 pm

See, I knew you were going to pull this which is why I took a 2 year sample of 35 turnover in his last 31 games. Yes, there were a few that appeared it was on the receivers, however the ball was horribly thrown and/or put in bad spots making it harder for the WR's. After all these years I expect better from the QB. And you conveniently discard the 3 or 4 times a game Prescott throws sure handed int's that are dropped. And when big games or playoffs games (if they make the playoffs) come around, Tony Romo Jr. turns into tony Romo. Tired of all this sugar coating and searching for stats that that support your unhealthy agenda. Dak is not a winner in the playoffs. He's stupid and you can't fix stupid. He's not as good as you think or want him to be which he was graded as a 4th round pick out of college. And despite all your unhealthy man crush on Dak with all the stats you can find that you try to make him better than he is, the real fact of the matter is Dumbass in his 8 years at the helm, hasn't gotten us by the divisional round even if we make it that far. And please don't try and tell us Dak has had good pieces around him since his first year. He had a top 3 O-line and Zeke who was a top 3 RB right out of the gate. Then we gave up a first round draft choice for Cooper. That wasn't good enough so we got him aother weapon in Lamb the following year. When that wasn't working we even got him a new coach. When the hell will all of you realize DAK IS THE PROBLEM.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#504 » by Micah Prescott » Fri Jun 2, 2023 6:52 pm

Searching for stats? You are the one that used INT stats for your agenda, I simply showed you more of your own stats.

So weird having a Cowboy's fan who is obsessed with hating the Cowboys.

Basically your reply to every single post in here is "but dumb Dak sucks and Jerry is the owner so it is impossible to win".

You're a broken record that plays like an obsessed Eagle's fan.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#505 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jun 2, 2023 7:20 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Searching for stats? You are the one that used INT stats for your agenda, I simply showed you more of your own stats.

So weird having a Cowboy's fan who is obsessed with hating the Cowboys.

Basically your reply to every single post in here is "but dumb Dak sucks and Jerry is the owner so it is impossible to win".

You're a broken record that plays like an obsessed Eagle's fan.

Don't hate the Cowboys. Just hate Dak, McCarthy and Jerry.
Since Jerry fired Jimmy and busted up the 90's Cowboys, what moved has he done the past 28 years that put us over the top? We can't even get one of the best coaches and football minds in here for a head coaching position because Jerry won't let them buy any of the groceries and wants puppets to do it his way. Dak does suck imho. Sorry we always disagree on that one. You can't say I have been wrong about him after 7 years. The results support my constant bashing of him. And it is impossible to win a Super Bowl when you can't get past the divisional round. We have 28 years of proof there.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#506 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jun 3, 2023 12:27 pm

Anyways it appears Tony Pollard will be medically cleared for training camp. Anxious to see how he looks. Hopefully the running game will be elite this year. Wonder if Dak can hand the ball to the RB's this year without fumbling the damn ball.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#507 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jun 3, 2023 4:20 pm

Cowboys now with an extra 10.9 million in cap relief thanks to the exit on Zeke. We now have over 20 mill in cap space. What should we do with it? Sure up the O-line a bit more? Lock up Parsons or lamb? Screw Diggs, he tackles like a girl. Looks like Hopkins is going to the Browns. Looks like we have options on what to do moving forward.
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 3,954

Post#508 » by Mr B » Sat Jun 3, 2023 4:26 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Cowboys now with an extra 10.9 million in cap relief thanks to the exit on Zeke. We now have over 20 mill in cap space. What should we do with it? Sure up the O-line a bit more? Lock up Parsons or lamb? Screw Diggs, he tackles like a girl. Looks like Hopkins is going to the Browns. Looks like we have options on what to do moving forward.

Once the cuts are made at the end of camp there should be a few very solid veterans available.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#509 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jun 5, 2023 5:42 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Cowboys now with an extra 10.9 million in cap relief thanks to the exit on Zeke. We now have over 20 mill in cap space. What should we do with it? Sure up the O-line a bit more? Lock up Parsons or lamb? Screw Diggs, he tackles like a girl. Looks like Hopkins is going to the Browns. Looks like we have options on what to do moving forward.

Once the cuts are made at the end of camp there should be a few very solid veterans available.

Apparently, based on an article I read the other day, there are 3 different scenario's on what our O-line might look like this upcoming season depending upon the development of the draft choices and FA's we picked up. Sounds like there could be some surprises and some promising O-lineman in the wings. Reading between the lines its sounds like we might have something there. I hope so. Nothing wrong with a dominate kick azz O-line. makes it easier on everyone.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#510 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jun 6, 2023 9:17 pm

Luke Schoonmaker in a walking boot after OTA'a.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#511 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jun 6, 2023 9:20 pm

Cowboys already have about 23 mill currently in cap space. Plus the Cap goes from 224m from last year to 256m this year. We are in very good shape in that department. :thumbsup:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#512 » by Mr B » Thu Jun 8, 2023 1:54 am

Here are some observations from mini camp today. I know they are just tying things out but having Mazi Smith and Hankins in at the same time is pretty interesting.

Read on Twitter
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#513 » by Micah Prescott » Thu Jun 8, 2023 2:40 pm

I'm kind of having trouble accepting anyone but Tyler at LT because he was so good at it last year, as a rookie even. I question even putting Tyron Smith there now.

Tyler is our future LT, we should just put him there and let him get comfy IMO.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#514 » by Mr B » Thu Jun 8, 2023 7:13 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I'm kind of having trouble accepting anyone but Tyler at LT because he was so good at it last year, as a rookie even. I question even putting Tyron Smith there now.

Tyler is our future LT, we should just put him there and let him get comfy IMO.

Right now it’s just mini camp so I’m sure they are just trying everyone that can LT. That doesn’t mean that will be their position when all is said and done. Doing this allows them to know who can play the position in the event of an injury. Now if they’re doing this during actual training camp then you should worry.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#515 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri Jun 9, 2023 3:49 pm

McCarthy and Dak's new "Texas Coast offense". :falloff: :falloff:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#516 » by Mr B » Fri Jun 9, 2023 9:19 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:McCarthy and Dak's new "Texas West Coast offense". :falloff: :falloff:

Texas Coast Offense
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#517 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Jun 9, 2023 9:42 pm

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM

Post#518 » by Mr B » Sat Jun 10, 2023 1:41 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

That doesn’t surprise me. They are freaking loaded with pass rushers. This allows him to catch on with another team early and before camp.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#519 » by Mr B » Sat Jun 10, 2023 7:52 pm

Dorrance Armstrong on the trading block. From my understanding though it will take a lot for a team to trade for him though. The Cowboys are not going to give him away for cheap.

Read on Twitter
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#520 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Jun 11, 2023 2:57 pm

Mr B wrote:Dorrance Armstrong on the trading block. From my understanding though it will take a lot for a team to trade for him though. The Cowboys are not going to give him away for cheap.

Read on Twitter

I have a different approach we can and should do here with Armstrong. We need a QB looking and going forward. Why don't we trade him to a team like the Colts, Tampa Bay, Houston, New Orleans Minnesota or the Raiders for their first round pick in next year's draft. Get where I am going here?

Return to Dallas Cowboys