ImageImageImageImage

2023 NFL Draft: Dallas Cowboys

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,130

Re: 2023 NFL Draft: Dallas Cowboys 

Post#421 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:18 am

I have a feeling this pick is going to be a RB and it could be the Texas RB Roschon Johnson.
Mr B
RealGM

2023 NFL Draft: Dallas Cowboys 

Post#422 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:19 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Mr B wrote:Or LB Drew Sanders

Just went to Denver

The Cowboys are picking in a really awkward part of the draft. Seems like a lot of the guys they like are getting drafted just before them. That’s causing them to have to reach.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,496

Post#423 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:37 am

Overshown is a big LB

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM

Post#424 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:43 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Overshown is a big LB

Yea he will be provide some good depth and may be the eventual starter at MLB.

All their picks so far are not great and not flashy but all are good solid picks. They still need a RB.
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,168

Post#425 » by Micah Prescott » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:01 am

I'm just not that familiar with Overshown or Schoonmaker.

Going to be watching some YouTube vids and reading up this week.

It's a shame though that none of those other TEs fell to us. Smh. I'm sure we were hoping for that and had to settle.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#426 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:01 am

Micah Prescott wrote:I'm just not that familiar with Overshown or Schoonmaker.

Going to be watching some YouTube vids and reading up this week.

It's a shame though that none of those other TEs fell to us. Smh. I'm sure we were hoping for that and had to settle.

Schoonmaker was probably a bit of a reach where he was picked but he wasn’t going to make it to pick 90 so they had to take him when they did. He’s a really good TE though and will be better than Schultz.

Overshown is a big MLB and will eventually take over for LVE. He kind of has the same issues as LVE though when it comes to injuries. I heard the guy they had targeted was Trenton Simpson but he got drafted a couple picks before the Cowboys. Overshown was a bit of a reach for the same reason Schoonmaker was.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,346

Post#427 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:24 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:What a horrible round 2 pick. I wonder who is fu..ing responsible for that one. Idiots.

The same guy that hits on about 90% of his draft picks, Will McClay.

Sorry, but I have a hard time believing that was a Will McClay pick. We had Sanders and Torrence on the board. This to me felt like Mike McCarthy pick. We could have taken either Drew Sanders and O'Cyrus Torrence who was taken by Buffalo immediately after and then gone RB. I love the thought of us taking a LB in the 3ird round but know nothing about this guy. He was not on my radar.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#428 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:36 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:What a horrible round 2 pick. I wonder who is fu..ing responsible for that one. Idiots.

The same guy that hits on about 90% of his draft picks, Will McClay.

Sorry, but I have a hard time believing that was a Will McClay pick. We had Sanders and Torrence on the board. This to me felt like Mike McCarthy pick. We could have taken either Drew Sanders and O'Cyrus Torrence who was taken by Buffalo immediately after and then gone RB. I love the thought of us taking a LB in the 3ird round but know nothing about this guy. He was not on my radar.

Remember no one wanted Tyler Smith. I believe you even immediately called him a bust because you wanted someone else. The same thing was said about Micah Parson, Travis Fredrick, and CeeDee Lamb.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#429 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:38 pm

Here is a prediction, if the Cowboys do not draft a RB early today they will be resigning Zeke.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#430 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 29, 2023 2:42 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:The same guy that hits on about 90% of his draft picks, Will McClay.

Remember no one wanted Tyler Smith. I believe you even immediately called him a bust because you wanted someone else. The same thing was said about Micah Parson, Travis Fredrick, and CeeDee Lamb.

Don't get me wrong, I loved our first round pick more than I can put down on words. You can't be happy with our round 2 pick either. The 4 guys you had on your list was much more appealing to me. Second pick should have been OL or LB. But that's just me I guess.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#431 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 29, 2023 3:58 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Sorry, but I have a hard time believing that was a Will McClay pick. We had Sanders and Torrence on the board. This to me felt like Mike McCarthy pick. We could have taken either Drew Sanders and O'Cyrus Torrence who was taken by Buffalo immediately after and then gone RB. I love the thought of us taking a LB in the 3ird round but know nothing about this guy. He was not on my radar.

Don't get me wrong, I loved our first round pick more than I can put down on words. You can't be happy with our round 2 pick either. The 4 guys you had on your list was much more appealing to me. Second pick should have been OL or LB. But that's just me I guess.

True but again, these guys drafting for the Cowboys weather it be Will McClay or Jerry Jones have shown they know what they’re doing when it comes to the draft. We may think we know what value is when it comes to drafting players but ultimately we don’t know ****. Or else we’d be working for an NFL team. We can watch YouTube highlights or believe what guys like Mel Kiper or Dane Brugler say when it comes to ranking players the guys actually drafting know a lot more than we do. They’ve proven over several years that they know what they’re doing.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#432 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 29, 2023 4:19 pm

Mr B wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Remember no one wanted Tyler Smith. I believe you even immediately called him a bust because you wanted someone else. The same thing was said about Micah Parson, Travis Fredrick, and CeeDee Lamb.

True but again, these guys drafting for the Cowboys weather it be Will McClay or Jerry Jones have shown they know what they’re doing when it comes to the draft. We may think we know what value is when it comes to drafting players but ultimately we don’t know ****. Or else we’d be working for an NFL team. We can watch YouTube highlights or believe what guys like Mel Kiper or Dane Brugler say when it comes to ranking players the guys actually drafting know a lot more than we do. They’ve proven over several years that they know what they’re doing.

I just believe the OL is a much more position of need than TE when it comes to the offense. I worry much more about pass protection than TE, unless this guy is one of those types of TE's that is awesome at blocking. That would make more sense to me. The thought of Dak passing as much or more rather than just handing the ball off more this season is a recipe for disaster (especially against good teams or better), which is why again I wanted another OL. I want to run the ball a lot more next year for the obvious reasons.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#433 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 29, 2023 5:54 pm

Love our last 2 picks !!! Overshown and Fehoko. Some big time help in the running game and for Micah Parsons. He's now freed up to move around at will with this Overshown kid. Love the commitment to the defense. Been a long time coming.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#434 » by GTR11 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:03 pm

Mr B wrote:Here is a prediction, if the Cowboys do not draft a RB early today they will be resigning Zeke.

:o than :lol: good one man
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#435 » by GTR11 » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:10 pm

Need to find reliable OG and couple CB. Other than that they can pick whoever from this draft for depth reasons.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#436 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:12 pm

Mr B wrote:Here is a prediction, if the Cowboys do not draft a RB early today they will be resigning Zeke.

Unless you have someone else left on the RB list I suppose that could be a possibility but we've already washed our hands of Zeke and closed the door. The only RB's I had left on my list were Tajae Spears and Roschon Johnson and they are both gone.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#437 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:14 pm

GTR11 wrote:Need to find reliable OG and couple CB. Other than that they can pick whoever from this draft for depth reasons.

This draft is deep with Guards and Centers. I would love to draft one of each.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#438 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:25 pm

Do you have an opinion on RB - DeWayne McBride? He is currently the only one left on the board that might be a perfect fit for us.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#439 » by Mr B » Sat Apr 29, 2023 6:35 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Unless you have someone else left on the RB list I suppose that could be a possibility but we've already washed our hands of Zeke and closed the door. The only RB's I had left on my list were Tajae Spears and Roschon Johnson and they are both gone.

The only guy left that I’m familiar with is Zach Evans. He has some flaws though and heard that the Cowboys are not too high on him. He has skill though and in the 5th round would be worth a shot. Duece Vaughn is explosive but he’s really small. They already have Turpin so I don’t see them drafting Vaughn (5’5” 175 lbs). You never know with RB’s though.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#440 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Apr 29, 2023 7:16 pm

Anyways we drafted Asim Richards. Guys, you will love him. Plays with a mean nasty streak. I saw all his games last season. I'm so glad we went OL here and I love this pick. He can be easily converted to guard. I also believe this kid is about 6'5" tall. I'm just surprised someone on the Cowboys sniffed him out. :thumbsup: :party:

Return to Dallas Cowboys