ImageImageImageImage

2023 NFL Draft: Dallas Cowboys

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,000

Re: 2023 NFL Draft: Dallas Cowboys 

Post#461 » by Mr B » Wed May 3, 2023 4:43 am

Here is the list of USFA’s. Apparently the Cowboys have had one of the better UDFA classes this l year.

Read on Twitter
?s=46&t=3KaI_3QT7XTTm5N8gt4yQg
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,146

Post#462 » by Micah Prescott » Wed May 3, 2023 2:38 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Must be an error but they have Dallas listed as drafting Evan Hull in the 5th.

When I first saw that I was asking myself if I missed a draft pick somehow :lol:
Mr B
RealGM

2023 NFL Draft: Dallas Cowboys 

Post#463 » by Mr B » Thu May 4, 2023 6:59 am

Have you guys looked at video from some of our other draft picks? This guy (Viliami “Junior” Fehoko) looks like he could be a very good player. Apparently they are moving him inside to DT. Also he is no relation to Semi Fehoko the WR on the team. He is related to Vita Vea (1st cousin) for Tampa though.

Forgot to add that almost every talking head “expert” says this guy could be a steal. He was several guys “hidden gem” in the draft.
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#464 » by Micah Prescott » Thu May 4, 2023 3:25 pm

Mr B wrote:Have you guys looked at video from some of our other draft picks? This guy (Viliami “Junior” Fehoko) looks like he could be a very good player. Apparently they are moving him inside to DT. Also he is no relation to Semi Fehoko the WR on the team. He is related to Vita Vea (1st cousin) for Tampa though.

Forgot to add that almost every talking head “expert” says this guy could be a steal. He was several guys “hidden gem” in the draft.

Fehoko certainly looks like a beast but at 270 lbs he is nothing like his cousin Vita Vea. This guy would be pass rush, 3rd down DT. Something I try to keep in mind is that when you cherry pick any player's best plays can make a highlight reel they are going to look amazing. I hope that we found a hidden gem here, I am sure the Cowboys front office believes that is the case.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,241

Post#465 » by bluejerseyjinx » Fri May 5, 2023 6:31 pm

Mr B wrote:Have you guys looked at video from some of our other draft picks? This guy (Viliami “Junior” Fehoko) looks like he could be a very good player. Apparently they are moving him inside to DT. Also he is no relation to Semi Fehoko the WR on the team. He is related to Vita Vea (1st cousin) for Tampa though.

I like him. Seems very strong and has a high maintenance motor. :thumbsup:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#466 » by Mr B » Sat May 6, 2023 5:06 am

Micah Prescott wrote:

Fehoko certainly looks like a beast but at 270 lbs he is nothing like his cousin Vita Vea. This guy would be pass rush, 3rd down DT. Something I try to keep in mind is that when you cherry pick any player's best plays can make a highlight reel they are going to look amazing. I hope that we found a hidden gem here, I am sure the Cowboys front office believes that is the case.

I think he could easily get up to 280-285. He will play the 3-tech and rotate with Osa. The Cowboys this year went with athletes. Fehoko should be able to carry the extra weight, or at least we’re going to find out. If it doesn’t effect his motor the Cowboys might have found themselves a player.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#467 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat May 6, 2023 2:40 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Deuce Vaughn!

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

That’s an interesting pick considering they already have Turpin.

This kid might turn out to be a nice secret weapon when they start double teaming Lamb and bring more guys up in the box to key on Pollard.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#468 » by Mr B » Sat May 6, 2023 8:20 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Deuce Vaughn!

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

That’s an interesting pick considering they already have Turpin.

This kid might turn out to be a nice secret weapon when they start double teaming Lamb and bring more guys up in the box to key on Pollard.

MM historically loves to throw screen passes too. I could see Duece catching a ton of those. He’s going to be fun to watch. Not digging the number he was assigned (42). I know 22 is sacred but I’d like to see him wear 22.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#469 » by Mr B » Sat May 6, 2023 8:30 pm

This is encouraging. If Asim Richards can really step in and be the starter at LG that would be amazing. The new OL coach Mike Solari has said that the 5 best offensive lineman will start. He also said that Tyler Smith might have to play LG but right now they are working him at LT. So if Asim Richards can earn a starting job that would keep Tyler Smith at LT which is best in my opinion.

Read on Twitter

Mr B
RealGM

Post#470 » by Mr B » Sat May 6, 2023 8:48 pm

The Cowboys also signed two very good OL prospects in TJ Bass from Oregon and Earl Bostic Jr from Kansas.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#471 » by Mr B » Sun May 7, 2023 1:08 am

I also keep forgetting that the Cowboys signed Chuma Edoga to compete for the starting LG spot.

Read on Twitter
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#472 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon May 8, 2023 5:07 pm

Mr B wrote:I also keep forgetting that the Cowboys signed Chuma Edoga to compete for the starting LG spot.

Read on Twitter

As with LB's, you can never have enough O-lineman. O-line depth is much needed on this team. I like the transaction. :thumbsup:
Micah Prescott
Analyst

Post#473 » by Micah Prescott » Fri May 19, 2023 1:44 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:I don't like the idea of drafting CB or RB in the 1st round. Both those positions can be found later.

*SEE Trevon Diggs and Tony Pollard

I'd rather use our first on a large bodied DT. Those usually get snagged up quickly.

My very first post in this thread. :nod:

And throughout saying DT and TE are the two biggest needs.

The more I think about this draft the more I like it.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#474 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat May 20, 2023 12:48 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:Ok looking at the DT’s now and I’ve spotted 3 guys though would be realistic options.

The first is Siaki Ika from Oregon. He’s a big fat nasty DT at 6-4 358 lbs. He would immediately help the run defense. He also likes to get upfield and is pretty good at it. There is also a good chance he’s still in the board at 26, that’s about where being being projected.

They could also wait until the 2nd round and take Mazi Smith from Michigan. He’s also very big (6’3” 337 lbs) and would immediately help the run defense. He’s an extremely solid DT, an anchor (how he was described). His problem is he doesn’t hardly ever get upfield. He’s strictly a very good run defender.

Keondre Coburn (6’2” 344 lbs) from Texas in the 4th or 5th round is the other guy. From what I’ve been reading has 1st round talent but a 4th round motor. He doesn’t give it to you all the time.

I love all three, especially Mazi Smith. Is this the year I finally get my wish?

One of my first posts in this thread. Part of me is still in shock. :rocking:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#475 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat May 20, 2023 1:04 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:So forget that idea.

Jalen Carter a Cowboy!?

You might get your wish! :wink:

Read on Twitter

I think he has a better career awaiting for him in NASCAR. :ouch: :clown: :rofl: :gossip:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Post#476 » by Cactus Jack » Sat May 20, 2023 4:25 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:I also keep forgetting that the Cowboys signed Chuma Edoga to compete for the starting LG spot.

Read on Twitter

As with LB's, you can never have enough O-lineman. O-line depth is much needed on this team. I like the transaction. :thumbsup:

Not to be a total buzzkill. But teams don't cut bait with good lineman.

He's been with the Jets & Atlanta, and is now on his third team. Very telling.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Post#477 » by Cactus Jack » Sat May 20, 2023 4:34 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I think he has a better career awaiting for him in NASCAR. :ouch: :clown: :rofl: :gossip:

You better hope so. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Mr B
RealGM

Post#478 » by Mr B » Sun May 21, 2023 12:25 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Read on Twitter

That’s true. This is a guy that the Cowboys scouted pretty heavily and almost drafted. I think they just want to “kick the tires” on him and see where he’s at. I think they guy they are hoping will take the LG job is the rookie Asim Richards. Based on all accounts he’s looked good so far. My bet though is that Tyron Smith starts at LT and Tyler Smith starts at LG. We all know though that it’s just a matter of time before Tyron is out with some kind of injury. That’s when we’ll see Richards move to starting LG and Tyler Smith will kick outside to LT.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#479 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon May 22, 2023 2:51 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

Read on Twitter

Edoga was injured and hurt most of his time with the Jets and Falcons. If he can get healthy and stay healthy, I believe he will contribute as a viable back up at the very worst. Depth on the O-line was an issue with me so I am o.k. with it.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#480 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu May 25, 2023 3:08 pm

Mr B wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Overshown is a big LB

Yea he will be provide some good depth and may be the eventual starter at MLB.

All their picks so far are not great and not flashy but all are good solid picks. They still need a RB.

I think this Demarvion Overshown Kid is going to make the most impact outside of Mazi. He might be the hidden sleeper gem after the second round. I believe we have something here.

Return to Dallas Cowboys