ImageImageImageImage

2007 Pre-Season: Game 1 (Colts @ Cowboys)

Moderator: Texas Chuck

SMRattler
Head Coach
And1: 0

2007 Pre-Season: Game 1 (Colts @ Cowboys) 

Post#1 » by SMRattler » Thu Aug 9, 2007 8:49 pm

Is it lame to have a game thread for a pre-season game? Maybe. Who cares.

Just wanted to open one to discuss what we see in the pre-season game. We'll probably have lots to talk about after the game, depending who plays, who doesn't and how much we show on etiher side of the ball. I'm thinking we show nothing.

But beforehand, maybe we can talk about what we would like to see in the game, who we are anxious to see, etc.

Discuss.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#2 » by studcrackers » Thu Aug 9, 2007 9:03 pm

i think i read that romo's getting a quarter tonight. i suspect manning and harrison will get 1 series and done if that.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
SMRattler
Head Coach

Post#3 » by SMRattler » Thu Aug 9, 2007 9:34 pm

Heard the same thing about Romo. I would be surprised if he gets a quarter. But should I be? This is a new offense, new coordinator. Everyone needs game situation time in it right now.

Romo became Mr. Pre-season being in the same offense since coming out of college. Every year, we'd get new QBs that looked like they were looking uncomfortable out there in the pre-season. And who shined? Romo. :-)

This is new. He wasn't even 100% proven in the old system. He needs to be comfortable in it going into the season. He needs to work it out and he needs time on the field for that.
SMRattler
Head Coach

Post#4 » by SMRattler » Thu Aug 9, 2007 9:41 pm

Tyson Thompson is another guy I want to see too. Heard he's back from his broken ankle and is breaking ankles himself in practice. He'll probably get a lot of carries tonight since our two prima donas won't want to play into the 2nd. :-)

If he could emerge as a real threat, and has gained some strength, I love the homerun speed he adds to the running game.
boogiesdad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 52

Post#5 » by boogiesdad » Thu Aug 9, 2007 9:57 pm

I cant wait.....i've had my #31 jersey on all day

thank god for:

BEER
BBQ
them BOYS
SMRattler
Head Coach

Post#6 » by SMRattler » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:15 am

Barber looks good.

Anthony Spencer looks gigantic for his speed. Looks like he can flatten someone when he attacks.
SMRattler
Head Coach

Post#7 » by SMRattler » Fri Aug 10, 2007 1:35 am

Good to see Tony Romo is still Mr. Pre-season.

10-11 for 93yds, 6 different receivers.

Keith Davis just returned an INT 41 yds for a TD.

Just got a glimpse of one of the the most disturbing suits I've ever seen a billionaire wear. Wow, Jerry... just wow.

It's pre-season, I'll take anything right now.
SpkTruth00
Freshman

Post#8 » by SpkTruth00 » Fri Aug 10, 2007 6:18 pm

I think we looked pretty good as well....Romo looked good....someone put a cock roach on him while he was interviewing with Pam Oliver...lol...Ken hamlin didnt play (head) Watkins started...

MB3 is a beast... he really is...JJ looks a lot looser now too with new system...

Romo's first pass was to T.O lol....man I cant wait for the season to start...

i still have my doubts with ANTHONY HENRY as our other corner....anyone feel the same?
boogiesdad
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 52

Post#9 » by boogiesdad » Sat Aug 11, 2007 12:55 am

that was about the best performance we could have hoped for. The first stringers moved the ball at will.
SMRattler
Head Coach

Post#10 » by SMRattler » Sat Aug 11, 2007 2:38 am

I don't fee worried about either of our corners. They're both more than solid. Like everyone knows, it's the safeties that are the question. The answer seems to be more pressure. You put pressure on the QB and he won't have time to take advantage of shotty safety coverage.

Return to Dallas Cowboys