ImageImageImageImage

Give the ball to Barber!

Moderator: Texas Chuck

Hitman
Ballboy
And1: 0

Give the ball to Barber! 

Post#1 » by Hitman » Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:20 pm

I think it is pretty clear MBIII deserves 80% of the carries. Julius just dances around the line, while Barber drives through people.
jwa1107
General Manager

Post#2 » by jwa1107 » Mon Sep 17, 2007 10:26 pm

talk on KTCK today centered around MB3 vs Julius
and the best point I heard was this:

MB3 got 16 touches on Sunday -even if he was the feature back he'd probably only get a few more than he does now.
Julius got 16 touches too.

So you want him to have 24-26 touches a game at which point you would not have him as rested in the 4th quarter of a close game - and would you rather have MB3 or Julius with the ball in that situation.

And if you feature MB3 and only use Julius sparingly (rahter than a 50/50 split) then the defense of the other team can focus on "how do we stop MB3?" as opposed to "how do we stop this tandem running attack?" In essence the likelihood that MB3 is as good as he is now if he gets more carries and has no "protection" in the form of another rb diminish. Having the 50/50 split is working - why change it?
SMRattler
Head Coach

Post#3 » by SMRattler » Tue Sep 18, 2007 1:42 am

For those reasons and many like those... I say leave it alone. It works, don't mess it up. Jones is probably gone after this year, you switch the starting lineup and still split carries, you have a chemtistry and locker issue. If you give more carries ot MBIII and Jones gets unhappy, you have an issue.

We need to keep these guys happy. MBIII is happy scoring all these tDs. Jones is happy just starting and being the man at least on paper. Everyone's happy and we are racking up a nice running game.

I say leave it alone.
jwa1107
General Manager

Post#4 » by jwa1107 » Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:47 pm

MB3 will be the feature back next year anyhow.
don't see any way Julius gets re-signed here...

unless McFadden drops in DAL's lap...

Return to Dallas Cowboys