ImageImageImageImage

Steven Jackson injured (out for this weeks game)

Moderator: Texas Chuck

NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM
And1: 8,369

Steven Jackson injured (out for this weeks game) 

Post#1 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Mon Sep 24, 2007 9:52 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3034672

ST. LOUIS -- St. Louis Rams running back Steven Jackson will miss at least one week with a partial tear of his left groin, an injury sustained in the fourth quarter of Sunday's 24-3 loss at Tampa Bay.

Steven Jackson

Jackson

Rookie Brian Leonard, a second-round pick from Rutgers, will get his first start Sunday at Dallas. Coach Scott Linehan said Jackson would be week to week.

The 0-3 Rams learned they lost Jackson a day after guard Mark Setterstrom was lost for the season with a torn left knee ligament and cartilage damage. Setterstrom is the second lineman the Rams have lost this season, after seven-time Pro Bowl tackle Orlando Pace injured his shoulder in the opener.

Linehan said Jackson, who had 115 yards on 30 carries, was hurt making a cut. He said Jackson stayed in the game for a while after being hurt but said it was "noticeable" that Jackson was injured.

Copyright 2007 by The Associated Press
swede
Assistant Coach
And1: 6

Post#2 » by swede » Tue Sep 25, 2007 5:05 am

Brian Leonard can't jump over everybody. They're screwed.
Cyborg21 wrote:Screw you Batum, throwing us under the bus, I hope we destroy these scum next year.
jwa1107
General Manager
And1: 0

Post#3 » by jwa1107 » Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:33 pm

so STL is without 2 starting linemen and the starting RB...
let's hope that Bulger doesn't put together a great game to make up for those deficiencies...
SMRattler
Head Coach

Post#4 » by SMRattler » Tue Sep 25, 2007 4:57 pm

I was wondering why we were posting this... then I realized we are playing the Rams. :-)

Yeah, they are banged up now. Perfect. We need to whip up on a couple of teams while we get healthy ourselves. Newman is coming around and should be more prepared for the NE game. Ellis and Glenn are out for a while.

As long as our defense keeps tightening up, and I can see that happening little by little, we should be ready for the second half of the season when we get NE and our Division games going.
Dunkin On Ya
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#5 » by Dunkin On Ya » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:20 pm

The Rams will be trying to air it out against us come Sunday. Hope our secondary is up for it.
SMRattler
Head Coach

Post#6 » by SMRattler » Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:59 pm

jdoosmooth wrote:The Rams will be trying to air it out against us come Sunday. Hope our secondary is up for it.

I expect tons of pressure on Bulger. Sacks, INTs, fall behind on the scoreboard and start trying to force things. Should be a fun game for our defense. They will provide a test in the air though. But we should be able to prove we can get after a QB when we know what's coming.
Dunkin On Ya
Assistant Coach
And1: 4

Post#7 » by Dunkin On Ya » Tue Sep 25, 2007 11:55 pm

SMRattler wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I expect tons of pressure on Bulger. Sacks, INTs, fall behind on the scoreboard and start trying to force things. Should be a fun game for our defense. They will provide a test in the air though. But we should be able to prove we can get after a QB when we know what's coming.

Yep, I agree. Release the dogs on every down. We know they won't be able to run, so we need to hit Bulger hard and often.
Warspite
RealGM
And1: 1,114

Post#8 » by Warspite » Sat Sep 29, 2007 9:46 pm

I still cant help but recall how the Cowboys drafted 1 spot before the Rams took Jackson and we traded the pick and traded down to get Jones. That was a sad moment on draft day.
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#9 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:42 pm

Warspite wrote:I still cant help but recall how the Cowboys drafted 1 spot before the Rams took Jackson and we traded the pick and traded down to get Jones. That was a sad moment on draft day.

Well we got Marcus Spears and a washed up Drew Bledsoe essentially. (Yea Bledsoe came a year later but was released because they took Losman with that pick we traded them.)
I didnt realize there were actually 4 RB's selected ahead of Julius. I forgot Chris Perry and Tatum Bell actually went ahead of him too.

Steven Jackson would have been nice to have though.

ETA: That was The U draft (6 of the first 21 picks were from the Hurricanes), they also had 3 more guys drafted but those werent until the 7th round. Still amazing (the first round part).
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#10 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Sat Sep 29, 2007 11:40 pm

Speaking of the Hurricanes, since 1999 only 5 teams HAVENT drafted someone from there (or counting since 2001 it would be 7 teams).

Those 5 are

Titans - (havent drafted a Hurricane since 1997 when they were still the Oilers and took Kenny Holmes in the first round)

Jaguars - (Have never drafted a player from there)

Saints - Drafted Wesley Carroll in 1991

Lions havent drafted anyone from there since 1993 when they took Ryan McNeil in the 2nd round

and of course

The Cowboys havent drafted anyone from there since we took both Kevin Williams and Darrin Smith in the 2nd round in 1993.

I wonder if we even scout Miami anymore :lol:
Our first pick from there was Irvin in 88 then we drafted 6 more guys between 89 and 91, and then the 2 in 93.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#11 » by studcrackers » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:39 am

maybe jerry doesnt scout it to spite jimmy

anyways ive heard this from parcells and he claims that had they not had 2 1st rounders they wouldve gone spears over d-ware. as far as i know i didnt imagine it, so im fine with the jones selection. plus it led to a bunch of different things that eventually led to romo's playing time.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
NeedsMoreCheese
RealGM

Post#12 » by NeedsMoreCheese » Sun Sep 30, 2007 4:55 am

studcrackers wrote:maybe jerry doesnt scout it to spite jimmy

anyways ive heard this from parcells and he claims that had they not had 2 1st rounders they wouldve gone spears over d-ware. as far as i know i didnt imagine it, so im fine with the jones selection. plus it led to a bunch of different things that eventually led to romo's playing time.

Parcells has made some stupid decisions but that one would have been punishable by the death penalty.

Return to Dallas Cowboys