[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Who, where, how can the skins get a good QB

Moderator: LyricalRico

hands11
Banned User
And1: 2,444

Re: Who, where, how can the skins get a good QB 

Post#21 » by hands11 » Sat Nov 12, 2011 1:16 pm

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pP498ZWnbs&feature=related[/youtube]
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#22 » by Ruzious » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:13 am

hands11 wrote:http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/24501/20111111/2012_nfl_mock_draft_version_20/

1. Indianapolis Colts: Andrew Luck, QB, Stanford. He is the obvious choice with or without Peyton Manning going forward.

2. St. Louis Rams: Matt Kalil, T, USC. The Jason Smith pick has not panned out, and they must try again to get Sam Bradford better protection.

3. Arizona Cardinals: Quentin Coples, DE, North Carolina. Some think he is the best pass rusher in the draft, and this disappointing defense needs help.

4. Miami Dolphins: Landry Jones, QB, Oklahoma. The QB of the future is not currently on their roster, and the coach of their future will want a strong prospect to build around.

5. Jacksonville Jaguars: Justin Blackmon, WR, Oklahoma State. Blaine Gabbert needs a legit go-to receiver, and Blackmon has the physicality to excel in short or longer routes.

6. Cleveland Browns: Matt Barkley, QB, USC. I think the Browns brass will conclude that Colt McCoy is not the answer at QB and chase after golden boy Barkley. It is at this point I feel compelled to remind readers that this represents what I think the team will do, not what I would do if given the chance.

7. Washington Redskins: Ryan Tannehill, QB, Texas A&M. Mike Shanahan will love his arm, his mobility, and the fact he is not a finished product.

I think Tannehill will be there in the 2nd round - well behind RG3 - because of his lack of experience at QB. He would be the guy I would target if I was the GM for Shanahan. If the Skins can get their QB in the 2nd round, that means they can get superstar help for him in the first round - Matt Kalil or Justin Blackmon would be a ginormous help for whoever the Skins get at QB.

Btw, Luck didn't look good last week against good competition, and he's looking worse so far tonight. He's... not exactly ready for the HOF quite yet.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#23 » by Ruzious » Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:22 am

hands11 wrote:[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pP498ZWnbs&feature=related[/youtube]

Wow, that's an awful top 10 list. He must have done that before the season started.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#24 » by LyricalRico » Mon Nov 21, 2011 5:50 pm

Suck for...Barkley?

:nod:
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#25 » by Ruzious » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:21 am

LyricalRico wrote:Suck for...Barkley?

:nod:

I think Barkley's going to be good, but nothing about him screams top 5 pick in the draft - other than his calm demeanor. He's kinda short, he's not athletic or quick, he doesn't have a great arm. Then again, Drew Brees didn't have impressive physicalities. One reason I don't think the Skins will pick either Barkley or Landry Jones - they're not Shanny type QB's. For his system, he wants a QB with quicker feet. My guess is RG3 is ultimately their pick in the first round - even though I'd wait and pick Tannehill on the 2nd round. Now, if RG3 goes before the Skins pick (and after his last game - wow he was impressive - that could happen), anything could happen.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,364

Post#26 » by verbal8 » Thu Jan 12, 2012 5:59 pm

Why does this sound like the Skins next QB? :(

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutd ... 31630.html

On paper it would look like a good to great move. However so did adding McNabb.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#27 » by LyricalRico » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:10 pm

^ Eh, pass on Sanchez.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#28 » by LyricalRico » Fri Jan 13, 2012 9:16 pm

Bram Weinstein on the Sports Fix saying that the Skins are going to be "major players" in the Peyton Manning sweepstakes. Apparently they would also go after Jeff Saturday. His source is somebody at ESPN, but not Adam Schefter.

He also says that non-Skins sources say that they don't think Flynn is high on the Skins list. Take it for what it's worth...
sfam
Assistant Coach
And1: 548

Post#29 » by sfam » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:38 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Bram Weinstein on the Sports Fix saying that the Skins are going to be "major players" in the Peyton Manning sweepstakes. Apparently they would also go after Jeff Saturday. His source is somebody at ESPN, but not Adam Schefter.

He also says that non-Skins sources say that they don't think Flynn is high on the Skins list. Take it for what it's worth...

No way in hell I want Payton Manning coming here. Let him go somewhere he can win a championship, like Arizona or the Jets. This may be the one time I'm fully on board with spending draft picks to move up. Lets get to St. Louis' spot and take RGIII. Common Snyder, go with your instincts!!!
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#30 » by LyricalRico » Mon Feb 6, 2012 2:48 pm

^ I acutally do want Manning. Not because I think it would work, but just for the potentially laughable end result. Yes - I am that jaded.

:D

Speaking of trades with St Louis, what about Sam Bradford? The Shanahan's reportedly thought about moving up to get him during their first draft with the Skins, and maybe Jeff Fisher sees RG3 as the next Steve McNair. It would probably be cheaper to deal for Bradford than to trade up in the draft, and Bradford also probaby has gotten most of his bonus money already.

Thoughts?
hands11
Banned User

Post#31 » by hands11 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 5:08 am

Looks like they figured out a way to get one. :lol:
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#32 » by Rafael122 » Mon Apr 30, 2012 10:15 pm

Yeah we're set at starting QB hopefully for the next decade and we are grooming a capable backup that will either stay here or will be flipped for a pick higher than where he was selected.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Wizardspride
RealGM
And1: 9,866

Post#33 » by Wizardspride » Wed May 2, 2012 9:29 am

Rafael122 wrote:Yeah we're set at starting QB hopefully for the next decade and we are grooming a capable backup that will either stay here or will be flipped for a pick higher than where he was selected.

Apparently, this is hard for some folks to grasp. :clap:
President Trump told two senior Russian officials in a 2017 Oval Office meeting that he was unconcerned about Moscow’s interference in the 2016 U.S. presidential election because the United States did the same in other countries
Badatude
Senior
And1: 97

Post#34 » by Badatude » Mon May 7, 2012 11:05 pm

New England. Drew B with Tommy B?
Hard work is what they want
hands11
Banned User

Post#35 » by hands11 » Sun Aug 26, 2012 2:45 am

sfam wrote:
LyricalRico wrote:Bram Weinstein on the Sports Fix saying that the Skins are going to be "major players" in the Peyton Manning sweepstakes. Apparently they would also go after Jeff Saturday. His source is somebody at ESPN, but not Adam Schefter.

No way in hell I want Payton Manning coming here. Let him go somewhere he can win a championship, like Arizona or the Jets. This may be the one time I'm fully on board with spending draft picks to move up. Lets get to St. Louis' spot and take RGIII. Common Snyder, go with your instincts!!!

Nailed it.

Return to Washington Football Team