[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

What if Indy get RG3?

Moderator: LyricalRico

Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

What if Indy get RG3? 

Post#1 » by Knighthonor » Sat Mar 10, 2012 4:34 pm

Anybody think of that?

I see a lot of hype from the redskins community over RG3, but what if he goes to Indy with the 1# pick?

Let's be real here.

What reason would Indy have for picking Luck over RG3?
7-Day Dray
Assistant Coach
And1: 5

Re: What if Indy get RG3? 

Post#2 » by 7-Day Dray » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:10 pm

I doubt Indy takes RG3, because they CANNOT afford to screw this pick up since they let Peyton go, so they'll likely go with the safer choice.

I'd be happy with either RG3 or Luck for Redskins.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#3 » by Ruzious » Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:41 pm

Then trade Luck for 4 1st rounders. :lol:
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#4 » by Rafael122 » Sun Mar 11, 2012 5:00 pm

We win either way. It's like Oden/Durant Draft, just pick the other guy that Indy passed on.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,365

Post#5 » by verbal8 » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:28 pm

I think given the amount the Skins gave up for RG3, Indy would be foolish not to revisit their analysis. However they probably will end up with the same results and a preference for Luck. I think in some ways RG3 is a little lower risk, because he seems like he can do more with less. I think Luck may be more likely to win Super Bowls, but he also could fail to perform with a poor surrounding cast.

I think the Skins should get a franchise QB with either Luck or RG3. I think with RG3 and the WR acquisitions the Skins can focus on the defense in the draft. I think with Luck the OLine becomes more of a need.
OffTheWall2
Junior
And1: 116

Post#6 » by OffTheWall2 » Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:18 pm

No way Indy takes RG3!

Luck to the Colts and RG3 to the Skins is a foregone conclusion!
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,365

Post#7 » by verbal8 » Wed Apr 4, 2012 11:07 am

I think this confirms the draft will start as expected(Luck then RGIII).

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=n ... frm_woah=1
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#8 » by Rafael122 » Thu Apr 5, 2012 3:19 pm

I hate how the Colts owner is throwing the agent under the bus. No you dolt, his client doesn't want to do a private workout for you b/c it's all a charade. You're wasting his time by doing so. Irsay is looking worse than Dan Snyder.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
Knighthonor
Sixth Man
And1: 98

Post#9 » by Knighthonor » Fri Apr 6, 2012 2:43 am

Would be kinda funny if the Redskins get trolled by the colts with them drafting RG3! Lol.

That would be total 10/10 on the elite troll scale.

Just saying
TNBT
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 208

Post#10 » by TNBT » Sun Apr 15, 2012 11:29 pm

I think everything that needs to be said about this topic has been said. The Colts will most likely take Luck, simply because they are the only team that has the choice between the two, and because of that, their fans will burn down their stadium if they choose the wrong one, especially after letting Manning go. With that in mind, I think they will feel that they have to go with the safest choice in Luck. That means that the Redskins are in the best position in the draft (well, in the 1st round anyway) because the decision will be made for us. We just have to sit back and take whichever QB falls into our lap. We really can't go wrong with either one, because even though there is always the possibility that a player could be a bust (see: Russell, JaMarcus) the scouting reports and all other info that I can find on both Luck and RG3 say that they are virtually guarantees to be superstars at the next level. When there is that much confidence from scouts, analysts, etc, then it makes you feel pretty good going into the draft.

Return to Washington Football Team