[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Week 5: Falcons v. Skins--Homecoming?

Moderator: LyricalRico

W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 106

Week 5: Falcons v. Skins--Homecoming? 

Post#1 » by W. Unseld » Thu Oct 4, 2012 7:04 pm

When: 1:00 pm

Where: FedEx--where the Skins have lost their last 7

What Channel: Fox

Why: B/c what better team to showcase our secondary against than Julio Jones, Tony Gozales & Roddy White?

Why else: Jim Rome is pushing a D-Hall v. Coach Mike Smith altercation from the sidelines in 2009--it's a reach but the sports shows will probably bite

Someone please post opposing cheerleading squad pics for kharma
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,906

Re: Week 5: Falcons v. Skins--Homecoming? 

Post#2 » by TGW » Thu Oct 4, 2012 10:47 pm

The Falcons offense is undoubtedly going over the top on us at every opportunity.

There's no defending these guys...not with our personnel. Blitzing all day is not going to work. The best thing to do is hope to force them into a few turnovers, and keep the ball away from their offense, like they did with the Saints. Run, run, and run some more. Control TOP. It's the Skins only chance.

I wouldn't be shocked if the Skins win...we have one of the most dynamic offenses in the league. But I'm expecting a 40-24 loss. I hope I'm wrong, but our defense is going to get raped.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#3 » by Ruzious » Thu Oct 4, 2012 11:00 pm

Yup, can you imagine what they're going to do to the Skins' secondary? :eek1:

Otoh, the Skins offense can put up their share of points, too - especially with Trent Williams and Garcon closer to 100%. The Skins have to win the turnover battle moreso than time of possession, imo. I got the Skins winning this 31-30 with Fred Davis having a career day.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#4 » by LyricalRico » Fri Oct 5, 2012 6:16 pm

Ruzious wrote:Otoh, the Skins offense can put up their share of points, too - especially with Trent Williams and Garcon closer to 100%. The Skins have to win the turnover battle moreso than time of possession, imo. I got the Skins winning this 31-30 with Fred Davis having a career day.

Agreed. I've got a good feeling about this game. Could be a trap game of sorts for Atlanta.
closg00
RealGM
And1: 3,530

Post#5 » by closg00 » Sun Oct 7, 2012 7:03 pm

Will Cundiff finally be fired? The players must be tired of having to work harder because of Condiff's missed field goals.
Chocolate City Jordanaire
RealGM
And1: 8,994

Post#6 » by Chocolate City Jordanaire » Sun Oct 7, 2012 8:55 pm

Bring back Gano.

Run the ball more often. Morris is good.

Kyle Shanahan's playcalling isn't good.

Skins defense can't keep teams from driving.
Bye bye Beal.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 106

Post#7 » by W. Unseld » Mon Oct 8, 2012 1:47 am

Agree on Gano but I think the play calling has been decent, they've been in every game.

Return to Washington Football Team