[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Week 15: Skins @ Browns

Moderator: LyricalRico

LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Week 15: Skins @ Browns 

Post#1 » by LyricalRico » Thu Dec 13, 2012 3:51 pm

Whether it's RG3-sus or Cousins starting, the Skins will keep their streak rolling!

Go Skins!

:clap:
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 106

Re: Week 15: Skins @ Browns 

Post#2 » by W. Unseld » Thu Dec 13, 2012 5:04 pm

Keep the streek alive Lyrical, keep it alive.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#3 » by Rafael122 » Sat Dec 15, 2012 11:57 pm

Cousins took all the first team reps this week but RG 3 is a game time decision. According to the stuff I've read, doctors will decide whether or not RG 3 can play without doing further damage to his knee.

This is going to be very interesting. One could argue that the next two games are very winnable without having to put RG 3 out there. I mean the Eagles are terrible. But at the same time, the team is primed for a playoff run, so...I'm not sure. It's tough.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#4 » by LyricalRico » Sun Dec 16, 2012 5:12 pm

It's official:

Kirk Cousins will make his first NFL start at quarterback in place of fellow rookie Robert Griffin III when the Washington Redskins in Cleveland on Sunday against the Browns, the team confirmed Saturday night.

Redskins spokesman Tony Wyllie said late Saturday that Cousins will start against the Browns. A person familiar with the situation said a few hours earlier that Griffin would not play in the game because of the sprained lateral collateral ligament in his right knee that he suffered during last Sunday’s triumph over the Baltimore Ravens at FedEx Field.

If Griffin is on the Redskins’ inactive list for the game, veteran Rex Grossman would back up Cousins.

Griffin wrote Saturday night on Twitter: “The decision was not my own. … But I will be there for my team!!! In every way I possibly can.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/foo ... iffin-iii/

I'm still feeling really good about this game. We've got a ton of momentum and I think Cleveland is due for a letdown.

Go Skins!
Upper Decker
Rookie
And1: 166

Post#5 » by Upper Decker » Sun Dec 16, 2012 6:25 pm

Cousins is overwhelmed. Thom Levarro was right. Start Rex and have a better chance to win. That 1st INT was as bad a throw as I've seen all year. It was Phillip Rivers bad. We at least know Rex can consistently move the ball even if he does turn it over. I'm not confident Cousins can move the ball and he makes poorer decisions than Rex. His INT's vs. the Falcons were just as bad as the one vs. the Browns.
Upper Decker
Rookie
And1: 166

Post#6 » by Upper Decker » Sun Dec 16, 2012 9:07 pm

Upper Decker wrote:Cousins is overwhelmed. Thom Levarro was right. Start Rex and have a better chance to win. That 1st INT was as bad a throw as I've seen all year. It was Phillip Rivers bad. We at least know Rex can consistently move the ball even if he does turn it over. I'm not confident Cousins can move the ball and he makes poorer decisions than Rex. His INT's vs. the Falcons were just as bad as the one vs. the Browns.

Boy that crow tastes delicious! Cousins has looked phenomenal since his INT. Praise to the Shannahan's. Gutsy move to pick a second QB in the 4th round and now they look brilliant. He'll be highly saught after this off-season.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#7 » by LyricalRico » Sun Dec 16, 2012 10:12 pm

^ Ha! Thanks for changing the momentum with that initial post, Upper Decker. :D

Actually, the credit goes to Kyle IMO. He was calling vanilla stuff early on and Cleveland was eating them up on defense. But then he got aggressive, and Cousins responded by hitting Hankerson (who, once again, tried as hard as he could to drop it LOL). After that, the offense got in sync and the Browns couldn't stop it.

Skins fans...welcome to the top of the division!

:clap:
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#8 » by Rafael122 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 12:31 am

I for one thought it was over after that interception and the Browns score but my opinion changed quickly and Cousins played a really good game. Hankerson is developing nicely as well, but that throw for the first score was DANGEROUS. Threw it with 3 guys around Hank, and it kinda floated there. But he got the job done, and I said on Twitter, because of how the Eagles are playing, I wouldn't be opposed to the Skins starting Cousins so that RG 3 can get some rest for the game against Dallas.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 106

Post#9 » by W. Unseld » Mon Dec 17, 2012 4:49 am

Based on RG3's post game presser, I don't think he has any intention of sitting out Philly, though I think 1 more week would be good for him.

Return to Washington Football Team