[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Official 2013 Training Camp & Preseason Thread

Moderator: LyricalRico

Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,776

Re: Official 2013 Training Camp & Preseason Thread 

Post#21 » by Rafael122 » Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:36 pm

Team looked good last night, I'm impressed by the depth at the skill positions. The offensive line, however, that's a work in progress. We may have 1, maybe 2 backups at the most that can play in a pinch. Compton just looks lost and is inconsistent. You just hope those guys can stay healthy.

Impressed with the draft picks also. Rambo, a 6th round pick, is starting. Amerson is probably the #2 or #3 corner at the moment, Reed figures to get some playing time in passing situations, Thompson might be our punt and kick returner, Jenkins at this moment is a situational pass rusher who will surely get some reps in games, and Jamison will probably be on the practice squad. Thomas is down with an injury but you figure he would have made the safety rotation as well. So all their draft picks, just about, will contribute in one form or another.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
popper
Veteran
And1: 365

Post#22 » by popper » Fri Aug 30, 2013 5:16 pm

Who was that Wes Walker look alike last night? I think his name was Williams. He caught a pass or two and returned a punts. The guy looked great. Hope he makes the team.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 106

Post#23 » by W. Unseld » Fri Aug 30, 2013 8:11 pm

popper wrote:Who was that Wes Walker look alike last night? I think his name was Williams. He caught a pass or two and returned a punts. The guy looked great. Hope he makes the team.

I don't think he has a chance. I want Lance Lewis from ECU to make it as a WR as well but I don't think he has much of a chance either--I think they keep 5 WR's:
Pierre
Santanna
Josh Morgan
Hankerson
Alderick Robinson
popper
Veteran
And1: 365

Post#24 » by popper » Sat Aug 31, 2013 1:04 am

W. Unseld wrote:
popper wrote:Who was that Wes Walker look alike last night? I think his name was Williams. He caught a pass or two and returned a punts. The guy looked great. Hope he makes the team.

I don't think he has a chance. I want Lance Lewis from ECU to make it as a WR as well but I don't think he has much of a chance either--I think they keep 5 WR's:
Pierre
Santanna
Josh Morgan
Hankerson
Alderick Robinson

Yeah -- I like Lewis too. Was he the guy that ran down the interceptor? Teams that are looking for receivers are going to have a bonanza at cut down.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,776

Post#25 » by Rafael122 » Sun Sep 1, 2013 3:00 pm

Yeah he hustled to make that tackle.

Here are the final cuts:

Keiland Williams
Jawan Jamison
Skye Dawson
Lance Lewis
Nick Williams
Dejon Gomes
Chase Minnifield
Tony Pashos
Xavier Nixon
Will Compton

There are other cuts but these are the most notable. I believe I read Williams, Minnifield and Jamison are heading to the practice squad. Nixon as well, as there seems to be potential in him. I was very surprised Minnifield got cut, but apparently he wasn't very good on special teams so he didn't have a chance to make it. Nick Williams might be a hot name b/c they're saying he's in the Amendola/Welker mold, so hopefully he sneaks through waivers and makes the practice squad.

BTW, they kept Pat White. Teams around the NFL are only keeping 2 quarterbacks, we are keeping 4. I would not be surprised though if they are trying to work out a trade.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.

Return to Washington Football Team