[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Week 8: Washington at Denver (Sun @ 4:25 pm)

Moderator: LyricalRico

LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Week 8: Washington at Denver (Sun @ 4:25 pm) 

Post#1 » by LyricalRico » Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:33 pm

Image Image

WHO: Skins vs Broncos
WHEN: October 27th, 4:25 pm
WHERE: Sports Authority Field at Mile High

Big Questions:

How many offensive records with the Broncos break on Sunday?
Who is actually going to play safety for Washington? Does it even matter?
Will the Washington offense continue to make progress and keep the team in the game?

Discuss!
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Re: Week 7: Washington at Denver (Sun @ 4:25 pm) 

Post#2 » by LyricalRico » Sun Oct 27, 2013 5:41 pm

Got a good feeling about today. Washington's offense is rolling now and Peyton could be hobbled. If the Skins can score early, I like their chances.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#3 » by LyricalRico » Mon Oct 28, 2013 2:24 am

Absolutely moronic play calling by Kyle Shanahan. Alfred Morris gashing the Broncos all first half was enough of a reason to keep running, but when you add in the fact the Griffin was getting KILLED there is no excuse for Kyle to go totally away from the run for most of the second half.

The defense was actually decent, especially the secondary. They were playing hard and getting turnovers even late in the 4th. Of course the special teams had to make another mistake (the Rocca shank), but they weren't as abysmal as usual. This was a winnable game. Had the Skins kept running the ball, maybe the could have scored again in the second half and this could have been a different game.

I basically have zero confidence in the Shanahans at this point. Zero.
kevin44
Senior
And1: 8

Post#4 » by kevin44 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 9:58 pm

The play calling wasn't great, but you guys have an RG3 problem. Your lucky your division is crap & you guys actually still have some hope. I would let Cousins have more reps & pull RG3 earlier.
craig01
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 483

Post#5 » by craig01 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 11:47 pm

Nice collapse yesterday.

The line looked like Swiss cheese in the second half.

RG3 is lucky he was able to still walk and talk after the game.

Being a Redskin fan since the 1960's I have grown accustomed to having few if any expectations once DS bought the team.

I thought that Shanahan was a home run as a hire, but am growing impatient like most other skins fans.

Don't know what the cure is for two decades worth of not very good football, but maybe, just maybe this down cycle will end some day. Crossing my fingers. Lol
Basketball is driven by three principles:

1) Movement 2) Application of fundamentals 3) Predictability
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#6 » by LyricalRico » Wed Oct 30, 2013 2:25 pm

kevin44 wrote:The play calling wasn't great, but you guys have an RG3 problem. Your lucky your division is crap & you guys actually still have some hope. I would let Cousins have more reps & pull RG3 earlier.

They have hitched their wagon to RG3 for better or worse, so putting Cousins in isn't an option (at least not yet). I agree that Griffin was bad on Sunday. But if you're a coach and your team is winning on the road, you have to acknowledge that and adjust. The Shanahan's didn't do that. Instead, they continued to call plays as if Griffin was making good reads and would have time to get the ball down field.

As many plays as Griffin missed on Sunday, Washington still could have won that game had it been managed differently. That's what I'm saying. The longterm QB discussion is a different topic IMO.
kevin44
Senior
And1: 8

Post#7 » by kevin44 » Wed Oct 30, 2013 7:37 pm

I am huge RG3 fan, but I know he is not right. I can't see the Skins winning more than 6 games. I would let him rest & give Cousins some experience. Unless you guys can turn it around really quick even in the your crap division only the winner will make it to the playoffs & lose in the first round. If RG3 suffer another injury to his knee, like it looked like last week then you have lost him forever.

Return to Washington Football Team