[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

2014 Offseason: Tight Ends

Moderator: LyricalRico

LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

2014 Offseason: Tight Ends 

Post#1 » by LyricalRico » Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:35 pm

Well, at least we know one guy that won't be back...

Impending free agent tight end Fred Davis is reportedly facing his second marijuana-related suspension in three years.

Davis, who has played exclusively for the Washington Redskins since entering the league in 2008, could be suspended for six games, according to Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports.

http://washington.cbslocal.com/2014/01/ ... g-offense/

What a "dope". :nonono:
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Re: 2014 Offseason: Tight Ends 

Post#2 » by Rafael122 » Tue Jan 28, 2014 3:10 pm

Even though most of the guys on the Skins beat said Fred had no chance of coming back, I thought he could have, on an incentive laden deal. He's a talented tight end but too dependent on the weed.

Jay likes to use two tight end sets, and also lines them up in a bunch formation and uses them as blockers for the pass or run game. So basically Jordan Reed has to improve on his blocking, Logan's solid but I don't feel comfortable with the depth at the tight end position. There isn't much out there on the free agency front. Jimmy Graham is a free agent but he's not going anywhere. Dennis Pitta could be an option, but sounds like he's staying in Baltimore. Jermichael Finley is an intriguing option b/c he's coming off an almost career-ending neck injury, not sure I'd like to invest that type of dough in a player with that injury.

Draft wise, I don't see the Skins using a high pick for a blocking tight end. Keep your eye on Arthur Lynch, tight end out of Georgia. 6'5, 260 and Marcel Jensen out of Fresno State, 6'6' 265. Both big guys, could be used as red zone targets, but are known for their blocking. Early projections are that they could go in the 4th or 5th rounds.

Tight Ends Depth Chart:
1. Jordan Reed
2. Logan Paulsen
3. ?
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.

Return to Washington Football Team