[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Official 2015 Starting QB Watch

Moderator: LyricalRico

LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Re: Official 2015 Starting QB Watch 

Post#21 » by LyricalRico » Mon Aug 17, 2015 7:50 pm

Latest from RG3 in his own words:

As for his ability on the field, he’s as confident as ever. In a comment that could be seen as either harmless hyperbole or incredible overconfidence, he said that there’s no real competition at the position, in his mind.

“I don’t feel like I have to come out here and show anybody anything or why I’m better than this guy or better than that guy. It’s more about going out and affirming that for me, I go out and I play, I know I’m the best quarterback on this team. I feel like I’m the best quarterback in the league and I have to go out and show that,” he said. “Any athlete at any level, if they concede to someone else, they’re not a top competitor, they’re not trying to be the best that they can be. There’s guys in this league that have done way more than me. But, I still view myself as the best because that’s what I work toward every single day.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/dc-sports-bog/wp/2015/08/17/rgiii-i-feel-like-im-the-best-quarterback-in-the-nfl/?tid=pm_sports_pop_b

And this is why he'll never live up to his potential - he thinks he's already there, so why bother listening to anyone who's trying to help him get better?

:banghead:

All I know is Cousins needs to get another shot this season. Maybe he won't do anything with it, but at some point he needs to get another shot IMO
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 106

Post#22 » by W. Unseld » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:46 pm

I don't know, could've been phrased differently but his point of if you don't have that confidence then you can't do it sort of tempers the statement.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#23 » by Ruzious » Tue Aug 18, 2015 10:50 pm

W. Unseld wrote:I don't know, could've been phrased differently but his point of if you don't have that confidence then you can't do it sort of tempers the statement.

Correct - but the fact that he chooses not to phrase it differently is a problem in and of itself, because he's smart enough to understand how it'll sound to most people. All he had to do to make it palatable to the general public was change the wording to "I strive to be the best QB on my team and the NFL" - not I AM the best QB on my team and the NFL - which is an obvious blatantly false statement - and delusional - and laughable. Yes, I know what he means, but RG3 is too smart to make too stupid comments like that. All he's accomplishing is making people think he's a delusional conceited arse.

He needs someone in his inner circle to explain things like that to him. But apparently there isn't a voice like that close to him. My guess is his inner circle is part of his problem.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
FreeBalling
Starter
And1: 218

Post#24 » by FreeBalling » Wed Aug 19, 2015 1:32 am

The best QB in the NFL had 4 passing TDs and 6 INT. Last year , this kid is delusional. :crazy:
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten
RIP Master Sergent Holt :usa:

The ultimate sacrifice http://taskforceomegainc.org/H061.html
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#25 » by LyricalRico » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:56 pm

Ruzious wrote:
W. Unseld wrote:I don't know, could've been phrased differently but his point of if you don't have that confidence then you can't do it sort of tempers the statement.

Correct - but the fact that he chooses not to phrase it differently is a problem in and of itself, because he's smart enough to understand how it'll sound to most people. All he had to do to make it palatable to the general public was change the wording to "I strive to be the best QB on my team and the NFL" - not I AM the best QB on my team and the NFL - which is an obvious blatantly false statement - and delusional - and laughable. Yes, I know what he means, but RG3 is too smart to make too stupid comments like that. All he's accomplishing is making people think he's a delusional conceited arse.

He needs someone in his inner circle to explain things like that to him. But apparently there isn't a voice like that close to him. My guess is his inner circle is part of his problem.

Sheehan on 980 thought it might be a reaction to Cousins playing well in the first preseason game. Griffin had said all the right things over the course of this offseason until now.
FreeBalling
Starter

Post#26 » by FreeBalling » Wed Aug 19, 2015 6:40 pm

LyricalRico wrote:
Ruzious wrote:

Sheehan on 980 thought it might be a reaction to Cousins playing well in the first preseason game. Griffin had said all the right things over the course of this offseason until now.

I'm so ready for Robert to take the field. Thankfully and I mean it 100% this bust will be out of DC by the end of the season. He could not win the starting job. It had to be handed to him. However, Dan believes in him or is it Dan believes Robert is more marketable. What ever the reason is....Dan has pissed all over his fans with this sorry ass product.

The real problem with having the best QB in the NFL is not having the best TEAM to support the golden child. That's the problem with Robert. He's on the wrong team. Who cares if the coaches and GM's voted him 28th best QB. As the saying goes. Dan could F--- Up a wet dream.

Check down in 2015.
FINAL UPDATE
With full military honors, Master Sgt. James W Holt was laid to rest at Arlington National Cemetery today. May 15
You Are Not Forgotten

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#27 » by Ruzious » Wed Aug 19, 2015 7:32 pm

This is one thing that I don't blame the Daniel for. Griffin was legit great as a rookie. The problems started when he got injured and the Shanny's kept playing him... when he was clearly injured... in the playoff game against Seattle - and his knee's never gotten back to what it used to be. And then Griffin refused to run the Shanny offense - which he was great in - because he didn't want to be a running QB anymore. Well, there's a guy in Seattle that runs a lot but does it smartly - in an offense that has similarities to the Shanny offense. For one reason or another, we can't follow their lead. Maybe it's because Griffin can't slide. Whatever the reason, Griffin has to learn to be a pocket passer. He was absolutely terrible at it last year. Now. we'll see what strides he makes. But comments like he made can isolate him from teammates, and even if he does make good technical strides, he could end up having the types of problems that Jay Cutler's has - and be a guy that nobody wants to play with.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#28 » by W. Unseld » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:44 pm

In Shanny's defense I think there was definitely a point where he didn't want to play him but basically got rolled by RG3.
FreeBalling
Starter

Post#29 » by FreeBalling » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:36 pm

I hope Robert has good down field vision tonight and please do not take any unnecessary hits.
FINAL UPDATE
You Are Not Forgotten

FreeBalling
Starter

Post#30 » by FreeBalling » Thu Aug 20, 2015 11:43 pm

First passing playing and they rip his head off. Second pass check down Charlie . If Robert doesn't do some of the stuff that got him to the NFL he's not going to have a job next year . He used to be allusive .
FINAL UPDATE
You Are Not Forgotten

FreeBalling
Starter

Post#31 » by FreeBalling » Fri Aug 21, 2015 2:06 am

The word is out that RG3 can not pass the ball. The defense does not respect his field vision and they bring extra pressure to disrupt the play.

McCoy and Cousins have both moved the ball down the field Pre and Regular season. Are they the long term answer? Most likely not. However, Griffin just flat out sucks as a pocket passer. He should have stuck to what made him great playing football.

Shannahan made RG3 shine and look at the best pocket passer now. If he's so great....where is the shine? Come on Dan stop forcing garbage down the fans throats.

Hey Ruzious, if you think Shannahan played Robert hurt. Why did Robert say he was ok to play or how about all in for week 1. He is a grown man.
FINAL UPDATE
You Are Not Forgotten

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by Ruzious » Fri Aug 21, 2015 11:51 am

FreeBalling wrote:The word is out that RG3 can not pass the ball. The defense does not respect his field vision and they bring extra pressure to disrupt the play.

McCoy and Cousins have both moved the ball down the field Pre and Regular season. Are they the long term answer? Most likely not. However, Griffin just flat out sucks as a pocket passer. He should have stuck to what made him great playing football.

Shannahan made RG3 shine and look at the best pocket passer now. If he's so great....where is the shine? Come on Dan stop forcing garbage down the fans throats.

Hey Ruzious, if you think Shannahan played Robert hurt. Why did Robert say he was ok to play or how about all in for week 1. He is a grown man.

One of the reasons you have coaches is to PROTECT HIS PLAYERS. Every competitive player wants to play - especially in the biggest game of his life. It's up to the coach to PROTECT HIS PLAYERS and make the call when it's obvious a player is playing injured - and it was obvious to anyone who's ever played anything more physical than backgammon that he was injured and still playing in the Seattle game. Would you want a player who would take himself out of a playoff game? Then root for Jay Cutler.

What isn't Shanny's fault is Griffin's refusal to want to play the pistol. It seems pretty clear that that's the offense that's perfect for Griffin, but Griffin's said he doesn't want to play it, because he think's it's bad for his health. Well, obviously he's so clueless about what to do in the pocket, that the pocket's worse for his health. It's another offseason, and it looks like Griffin hasn't learned a thing about moving in the pocket and making quick decisions.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by W. Unseld » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:33 pm

A. I'm going 85% Shanny's fault and 15% RG3's fault for making it clear that the Danny favors him over Shanny
B. Feel terrible for RG3 and that line couldn't have been any worse but post-injury it's just not there. It takes years to develop into a pocket passer, even if he is willing to move around more he's no where near as fast as he used to be.
C. At this point Cousins has the highest ceiling but Colt has the highest floor. With a team planning to run the ball and rely on their defense (which should be better once Kerrigan and Gallette start to play) then go with a competent game manager that can run a little, throw a little, and not lose his head. Totally subjective but I get the feeling the locker room likes him best b/c he's humble, semi-competent and doesn't choke.
FreeBalling
Starter

Post#34 » by FreeBalling » Sun Aug 23, 2015 12:21 am

What are people missing in RG3? He threw for -1 yard in the 1st half of a professional football game. It's the same story/excuses each year now. He flat out sucks. He's a great person for society but he sucks at QB.

He needs every live snap he can get. If it was Brady or Manning the coach should have pulled him but it's RG3. It's ok people to take the bubble wrap off RG3. Injuries can happen at anytime. What excuses are next?

Did anyone notice when McCoy stepped in the 1st pass play the ball was out quickly and we drove down the field.

After 35 starts Rrrr-Yee-Fragile should be able to read the defense, understand what a blitz is and most importantly knows where all the receivers are at any second of the play. RG3's internal clock is broke.

Anyone got an idea of how long the offensive line is blocking for on a pass play? Does RG3 even understand the concept of time?

There is a high chance this team will be 0-4 if RG3 starts...the season is over then.
FINAL UPDATE
You Are Not Forgotten

Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#35 » by Ruzious » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:10 pm

Yeah, I think it's time to officially... drum roll please... give up on Mr. 3 succeeding in DC.

Problem is - It seems like Gruden isn't totally sold on Cousins as the man to replace him. He seems to like McCoy - but McCoy is too fragile and weak-armed imo to win over the course of a season, imo. Cousins at least has the arm and accuracy to be a solid NFL QB. Cousins needs Gruden's stamp of approval as The Man to salvage this season, and I'm not sure that's coming.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#36 » by W. Unseld » Mon Aug 24, 2015 6:07 pm

Google the TMZ video with Dan Snyder & RG3 in it. It's clear the owner still has a man-crush, it's clear that Gruden wanted to bench him last year so it's clear the owner is the reason RG3 is still starting.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#37 » by Ruzious » Mon Aug 24, 2015 10:22 pm

W. Unseld wrote:Google the TMZ video with Dan Snyder & RG3 in it. It's clear the owner still has a man-crush, it's clear that Gruden wanted to bench him last year so it's clear the owner is the reason RG3 is still starting.

Well, GMSM said he should start. And I'm not sure they have a QB on the roster that Gruden really wants starting, so who knows? Just because Gruden isn't happy with RG3 doesn't mean he'd be happy to have one of the other 2 starting.
W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by W. Unseld » Tue Aug 25, 2015 6:58 pm

W. Unseld
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by W. Unseld » Fri Aug 28, 2015 3:17 pm

Not to keep piling on, but did anyone see the article about "coaches" saying some of the O-lineman don't like RG3? Even if you are being paid millions, if you don't like someone it will come out at the subcon level. I swear the teams body language is just better when anyone else is in the game at this point.
***I think RG3 has had to put up with a lot and I think he was lightening in a bottle before the injury and I don't think the franchise has done him any favors and he seems like an awesome upbeat guy, but post injury I just don't see it and this soap opera is getting old (the overall Snyder soap opera will never end but this particular chapter could)
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#40 » by Ruzious » Fri Aug 28, 2015 5:53 pm

W. Unseld wrote:Not to keep piling on, but did anyone see the article about "coaches" saying some of the O-lineman don't like RG3? Even if you are being paid millions, if you don't like someone it will come out at the subcon level. I swear the teams body language is just better when anyone else is in the game at this point.
***I think RG3 has had to put up with a lot and I think he was lightening in a bottle before the injury and I don't think the franchise has done him any favors and he seems like an awesome upbeat guy, but post injury I just don't see it and this soap opera is getting old (the overall Snyder soap opera will never end but this particular chapter could)

I think they can work together if they don't like him, BUT there's a huge problem if they don't respect him - or believe in him. And I think that's a legit problem on the team. How can you believe in your QB if he doesn't understand the offense - and by the way he moves in the pocket - it's clear he doesn't. And how can you respect a teammate that says he's the best in the league and plays like bleep. Joe Theisman was supposedly disliked by teammates, but he sure as heck had their respect as a football player.

I wouldn't be surprised if tonight is his last game as a Skin. Things have gotten so bad that he goes into blank stare mode. I doubt anyone on the team believes in him anymore. It's better for him and everyone else if he moves on to another team - preferably one that will use the Pistol offense - though he's got to agree to play it - which he seemed to refuse to after his rookie year. Trade him for a 7th round pick - just get him off the team. Now watch him play phenominally against Baltimore.

Return to Washington Football Team