[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Dallas Week and First Place Celebration!

Moderator: LyricalRico

LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Dallas Week and First Place Celebration! 

Post#1 » by LyricalRico » Fri Dec 4, 2015 5:56 pm

Your Washington Redskins sit atop the NFC East...

:rockon:

...and play the Dallas Cowboys on Monday Night Football!

Remember this from last year?

Let's do it again! #HTTR
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Re: Dallas Week and First Place Celebration! 

Post#2 » by LyricalRico » Tue Dec 8, 2015 4:27 am

Yeah, not interested in bringing Jackson back next year. Showboating morons can't be a part of this team's future.

:banghead:

Doesn't completely absolve Gruden for seeming to be completely unprepared for anything Dallas was doing on defense, but at least they were still in it.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#3 » by LyricalRico » Tue Dec 8, 2015 4:41 am

And anyone who says he made up for it with the TD is an idiot. The Skins had the chance to have the ball last with multiple timeouts and only needing a FG to win it. Instead, they swap TDs and Dallas gets the ball last.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#4 » by LyricalRico » Tue Dec 8, 2015 4:44 am

Jackson SINGLEHANDEDLY takes the team from controlling the division to letting everyone back in it and now they are fighting for their lives. Thanks for nothing.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 5,883

Post#5 » by TGW » Tue Dec 8, 2015 7:42 pm

LyricalRico wrote:Yeah, not interested in bringing Jackson back next year. Showboating morons can't be a part of this team's future.

:banghead:

Doesn't completely absolve Gruden for seeming to be completely unprepared for anything Dallas was doing on defense, but at least they were still in it.

Re: Jackson

The Redskins passing game has tallied 3 TDs in the last 3 games--all to Desean Jackson, all on home-run passes. Hypothetically, if we erase those TDs, the Skins offense is scoring 8, 13, and 8 points without those home-run balls.

With that being said, why are we attacking Jackson when Cousins has shown almost no ability to get the team in the end-zone? Gruden's playcalling is poor, but let's be honest here: the playcalling is to protect Cousins at all costs.

I'm not the biggest jackson fan--he seems to be a one-trick pony (that one-trick is awesome though), but he's been the offense the last few weeks, literally. No one else has scored touchdowns, so if you get rid of him, you better have someone who can come close to offering that same sort of threat.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#6 » by LyricalRico » Wed Dec 9, 2015 6:28 pm

TGW wrote:I'm not the biggest jackson fan--he seems to be a one-trick pony (that one-trick is awesome though), but he's been the offense the last few weeks, literally. No one else has scored touchdowns, so if you get rid of him, you better have someone who can come close to offering that same sort of threat.

Meh, I'm not really worried about that. They're still in build mode across the board, so I'd rather make sure they're building the right kind of culture for the longterm.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#7 » by Ruzious » Sat Dec 12, 2015 4:07 am

That was probably the single uggliest play I've seen since Garo Yepremien's (sp) fumble back in the day.

But... they need to keep Jackson, and when I say need I mean NEED to keep Jackson. He's their lone player who stretches the field. And we have no other starting wide freaking receiver. Our second best WR is a 5'9 rookie from Duke. Garcon is the pink elephant in the room. He's at least contributed to half of Cousins' ints this year, because he's simply not what he used to be - he's lost a couple of steps, he can't or doesn't set himself to come back for balls, and he makes mistakes in his routes. He has to go, and the truth will be when GMSM decides on who to keep in the offseason. I feel confident that Garcon and his 10 mil a year contract will be gone.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#8 » by LyricalRico » Mon Jan 4, 2016 4:18 am

Bump for the rematch. Skins put the whoopin they should have put on them the first time. A couple injuries to backups, but the starters seem fine. Alf got 100, Kirk was as good as he's been all year, and Colt got a gew snaps just in case.

On to the playoffs!

:clap:

Return to Washington Football Team