[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Official 2009 Offseason Moves Thread (Roster Update pg.3)

Moderator: LyricalRico

Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Re: Official 2009 Offseason Moves Thread (Cutler update on Pg 2) 

Post#21 » by Rafael122 » Thu Apr 2, 2009 1:02 pm

Giving up a #1, a #2, and Campbell for Cutler...we need to get picks back in return, maybe 4th and 5th round picks since Vinny seems to have more success in the later rounds anyway.

Rumor is JC gets traded for a #2, then that pick gets trade to get Cutler. Meh. I just hope we get picks in return, that's all I'm hoping.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
daddyfivestar
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Official 2009 Offseason Moves Thread (Cutler update on Pg 2) 

Post#22 » by daddyfivestar » Thu Apr 2, 2009 11:40 pm

Be glad you didn't do this deal... This years 1st, next years 1st, and Campbell would've been too much to pay.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Re: Official 2009 Offseason Moves Thread 

Post#23 » by LyricalRico » Fri Apr 3, 2009 8:40 pm

Plaxico cut by NY. I'd go after him on a deal with minimal guarantees.
Silvie Lysandra
Starter
And1: 369

Post#24 » by Silvie Lysandra » Sat Apr 4, 2009 6:45 pm

To me, Cutler is just not a franchise quarterback. When I look at him, he seems like a above-average QB with a big arm playing in an offense that inflates his stats. He's not particularly adept at throwing TDs (25 on 616 attempts), didn't have to worry much about pressure (he's supposedly elusive but no QB is the difference between an average line and an 12 sack line), and had bona-fide Pro Bowl targets to throw to.

He won't be nearly as successful in Chicago, where their offensive problems run much deeper than QB.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#25 » by Rafael122 » Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:18 am

Well, he doesn't have to be. 25-30 touchdowns, and maybe 12 picks is good enough for me. I don't feel Jason will ever hit that mark.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#26 » by LyricalRico » Fri Jul 17, 2009 7:20 pm

The Washington Redskins added another young piece to their defensive line yesterday, using their 2010 third-round draft pick to select Kentucky defensive end Jeremy Jarmon in the NFL supplemental draft.

A 6-foot-3, 277-pound end who registered 17 1/2 sacks in three seasons for the Wildcats, third in school history, Jarmon was ruled ineligible for his senior season after testing positive for a banned substance in February.

The positive test came from a dietary supplement, Jarmon said, and the result did not affect his draft status.

<snip>

Jarmon became the first supplemental draft pick in Redskins history, and the selection means the Redskins will not have third- or sixth-round picks next year.

"I thought that it was a situation where you get a chance to get a big defensive lineman, and he gets the chance to come in, learn from two veteran guys," Vinny Cerrato, the Redskins' executive vice president of football operations, said in a conference call. "He is 21 years old, and he has got the size. To me, in next year's draft, if he had gone through the combine and everything else, the guy probably goes in the second round, 'cause D-linemen always go high in the draft. So I think we got the chance to get a quality player at a quality price.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 03899.html

At least their focusing on defense. This must also mean that Orakpo is definitely playing LB.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#27 » by LyricalRico » Wed Sep 2, 2009 12:38 pm

Skins are involved in a trade suggestion:

The following are the 10 trades I would make if I called the shots:

<snip>

5. DT Anthony Montgomery to the Panthers: Ever since the Panthers lost mountain man Maake Kemoeatu at defensive tackle, GM Marty Hurney has been looking for a big replacement. Washington's Montgomery is 6-foot-6, 320 pounds and very unhappy about being demoted from the starting lineup with the arrival of Albert Haynesworth.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/1000 ... re-kickoff

He doesn't say what the Skins should get in return, but I don't think they're trading any D-Linemen. Haynesworth still isn't in shape and Blache wants to rotate guys in and out to keep them fresh and (hopefully) rushing the passer.
Spence
Head Coach
And1: 35

Post#28 » by Spence » Thu Sep 3, 2009 2:28 pm

Thanks, Rico. I agree that trading Montgomery is a bad idea. He's got good starting experience and a DL rotation is key to Blache's defense. I'm a DL freak -- you can never have too many good linemen. I wouldn't trade one unless I thought I was getting back a terrific player at another position and I don't see what the Panthers have for us that we need.
Satan is happy with your progress.
DC Pro Sports Report is a good site for DC pro sports news.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#29 » by Rafael122 » Fri Sep 4, 2009 12:52 pm

Don't see the need to trade Monty especially since Griffin has trouble staying healthy.

Now...I'd change my tune if the Panthers offered a 3rd round pick.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#30 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Sep 4, 2009 8:26 pm

Rafael122 wrote:Don't see the need to trade Monty especially since Griffin has trouble staying healthy.

Now...I'd change my tune if the Panthers offered a 3rd round pick.

How many tackles do you need? Haynesworth, Griffin, Golston, Alexander.

Could you get by with four? Do the Panthers have a solid backup OLineman for us?
In Rizzo we trust
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#31 » by LyricalRico » Sun Sep 6, 2009 3:53 pm

Here's a link to the "Final 53":

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redski ... oster.html

No huge surprises. I didn't expect Aldridge to make it and none of the offensive line backups really stood out so keeping Williams instead of Bridges is a wash IMO. I wonder how long they'll go with just two QBs on the roster?
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Re: Official 2009 Offseason Moves Thread (Roster Update pg.3) 

Post#32 » by Rafael122 » Tue Sep 8, 2009 6:51 pm

Most of the time the 3rd QB is inactive on game days right? They could always bring back Daniel if he doesn't cut it on another team.

Return to Washington Football Team