[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Should Skins Go After Brandon Marshall

Moderator: LyricalRico

MainEv3nt
Pro Prospect
And1: 17

Should Skins Go After Brandon Marshall 

Post#1 » by MainEv3nt » Thu Sep 3, 2009 3:23 pm

seeing how broncos looking to trade him.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Re: Should Skins Go After Brandon Marshall 

Post#2 » by LyricalRico » Thu Sep 3, 2009 4:36 pm

I brought his name up when they first started having problems early in the offseason, prior to the draft. But now I would say no. The guy has shown his true colors as a crybaby and I don't want that in our locker room. Besides, the three guys picked in last year's draft are showing up better and we might have found a real steal in Marko Mitchell.

Maybe if Marshall gets his act together, plays the year out in Denver, and then is back on the market next year. But not now.
Ruzious
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 11,579

Post#3 » by Ruzious » Thu Sep 3, 2009 6:27 pm

No. I like what we have - with Moss and the kids. Getting Marshall would probably mean we wouldn't get a chance to see one of the kids explode. Besides, the fact that Chicago doesn't seem interested - with Cutler there - probably tells you something.
"A common mistake that people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools." - Douglas Adams
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 2,779

Post#4 » by Rafael122 » Fri Sep 4, 2009 12:51 pm

Yeah, we've got cheaper alternatives and Marshall would want big money, plus we'd have to give up a first round pick to get him.

No thanks.
Bickerstaff: who's up for kickball?!!
Ed Wood: Only if it's the no-pants variety.
long suffrin' boulez fan
General Manager
And1: 3,466

Post#5 » by long suffrin' boulez fan » Fri Sep 4, 2009 8:33 pm

For a change, I'm actually feeling pretty good about our receiving corps.

If Mitchell gets time and is allowed to develop, he could turn this crew into something special. His hands, toughness and timing in the red zone could be exactly what we need...

Now, if someone could just teach Campbell to throw a fade.
In Rizzo we trust
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#6 » by Rafael122 » Wed Jan 6, 2010 3:03 pm

Well, he played out of his mind this year. I think he caught something like 21 passes in one game. Money will never be an issue with this team, but I'm afraid what their asking price would be for him.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#7 » by LyricalRico » Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:27 pm

^ Wasn't he also a Shanahan pick? And I don't recall him having a lot of problems before the coaching change in Denver. Ideally we could send the Broncos Thomas+Kelly as assets in the deal, along with maybe a low pick. Marshall as our #1, Moss as our #2, and Randle El in the slot would be a dynamite receiving corps.
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#8 » by Icness » Thu Jan 21, 2010 8:35 pm

I wouldn't do it. There are too many other pressing needs than a problem-child WR can fix unless he comes real cheap. He sure would make an interesting offensive option though. I think you have to go OL, RB, and QB before chasing down a WR, even one as good as Marshall.

FYI--I heard the Skins are barely going to be represented at the Senior Bowl week. Shanahan isn't going, none of the new personnel people are going, and Bruce Allen is leaving on Wed. Kind of makes me think they already have their draft plan in place, which is typical Shanahan, who hates those large gatherings of football people.
It's not whether you win or lose, it's how good you look playing the game
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#9 » by Rafael122 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 10:00 pm

They have a draft plan in place? What...take the biggest name guy left on the board? If they pick Sam Bradford, I'm...not doing anything, but I will be pissed.
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,366

Post#10 » by verbal8 » Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:35 pm

LyricalRico wrote:^ Wasn't he also a Shanahan pick? And I don't recall him having a lot of problems before the coaching change in Denver. Ideally we could send the Broncos Thomas+Kelly as assets in the deal, along with maybe a low pick. Marshall as our #1, Moss as our #2, and Randle El in the slot would be a dynamite receiving corps.

I think Randle El should be gone. They brought him in to make big plays and he has not done that.

I am not against getting a true #1 WR and letting Thomas and Kelly battle it out for the 3rd spot.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#11 » by Rafael122 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:04 am

John Clayton said Randle-El is a candidate to be cut. I'm OK with Thomas-Kelly-Moss as our receivers, especially with the emergence of Davis, and of course Cooley. We could have scrubs as our 4th and 5th receivers. I know some on the team were high on Marko Mitchell.
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Post#12 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Fri Mar 5, 2010 2:44 pm

there were reports right after Shanny left Denver that he was close to cutting Marshall, because even with his 100+ catches he felt he hurt the team more than he helped them. whether that was serious and for real i don't know, but it didn't speak highly of how Shanny viewed him.

i'd like to add another WR, but not at the cost of a 1st rd pick @ 4. And not with all that baggage, especially already with Shanny.
Scabs304
General Manager
And1: 38

Post#13 » by Scabs304 » Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:30 am

Easy Marshall is a big NO. I like his ability on the field, but we are set with the WR and TE's we have just go with it and stay cheap.
I am Scabs.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,950

Post#14 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Mon Apr 5, 2010 4:53 am

Scabs304 wrote:Easy Marshall is a big NO. I like his ability on the field, but we are set with the WR and TE's we have just go with it and stay cheap.

Does Washington already have some really good receivers then? Granted, I don't know much about them, but if Marshall can be had for relatively cheap, he could be a good addition now that McNabb is a Redskin. The one season he actually got to play with a great receiver (TO), he had a monster year.
Rafael122
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#15 » by Rafael122 » Mon Apr 5, 2010 12:08 pm

Cooley, Davis, Moss are all our top options. Devin Thomas is ready to break out and we're still waiting on Malcolm Kelly. Granted, we don't have a Desean Jackson or whatever, but our talent at receiver and tight end is more than enough.
Nutty Nats Fan
General Manager
And1: 4,950

Post#16 » by Nutty Nats Fan » Mon Apr 5, 2010 4:13 pm

I'll take your word for it. I'm just too use to watching McNabb throw to players who can't get open and if they do, can't catch. :lol:
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Post#17 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Tue Apr 6, 2010 1:42 pm

apparently you guys aren't the only ones debating the merits of bringing him here...

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/nfl-draft/brandon-marshall-might-be-firs.html

As long as we didn't give up the 4th pick I'd be happy. Honestly I'd like to not give up any picks. I'd do #4+D.Thomas or Landry for their #11 and Marshall though. OTs easily run as deep as the 11th pick this draft. Doubt it would fly with Denver though.

Moss isn't a #1 receiver. I could see him playing 1b to option 1a though. And waiting for Kelly and Thomas to show some level of maturity and develop into a starting caliber WR is wearing on me. They may become good, but Marshall is great. He's a yearly lock for 100 catches and 8+ TDs, and he wouldn't join the over the hill gang, he's entering his prime.

How it would work with the way he acted when Shanny was coaching in Denver I'm not sure though...
verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,366

Post#18 » by verbal8 » Wed Apr 7, 2010 2:55 pm

NbdyBeatsTheWiz wrote:apparently you guys aren't the only ones debating the merits of bringing him here...

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/nfl-draft/brandon-marshall-might-be-firs.html

As long as we didn't give up the 4th pick I'd be happy. Honestly I'd like to not give up any picks. I'd do #4+D.Thomas or Landry for their #11 and Marshall though. OTs easily run as deep as the 11th pick this draft. Doubt it would fly with Denver though.

What about a 1st round trade-down and Haynesworth? It helps Denver's run defense and they get a chance to pick a franchise changing player. It also is Snyder throwing money at a problem, which he has been known to do.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards

Post#19 » by LyricalRico » Wed Apr 7, 2010 6:14 pm

^ Nah, I'm not coming off the #4 for Marshall. Heck, Denver should be willing to do Haynesworth for Marshall straight up since he's already been paid by us. That would be a great deal for both teams IMO.
keynote
General Manager
And1: 2,587

Post#20 » by keynote » Fri Apr 9, 2010 1:51 am

I'd get behind an Albert for Marshall deal.
Always remember, my friend: the world will change again. And you may have to come back through everywhere you've been.

Return to Washington Football Team