[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Should Skins Go After Brandon Marshall

Moderator: LyricalRico

verbal8
General Manager
And1: 1,366

Re: Should Skins Go After Brandon Marshall 

Post#21 » by verbal8 » Mon Apr 12, 2010 11:22 am

keynote wrote:I'd get behind an Albert for Marshall deal.

Given how little Santonio Holmes got in return, I don't think that would be reasonable trade. Including Portis could be a good deal for both teams. It gets rid of a potential distraction for the Skins and it gives the Broncos a better option that Buckhalter in case Moreno struggles or is injured.
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Post#22 » by LyricalRico » Mon Apr 12, 2010 2:51 pm

^ Yeah, the Holmes deal definitely confirms that WR value is low this year. And didn't Boldin go for only a 4th? I'd offer Denver Portis and a late round pick for Marshall and see what they say.
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Post#23 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:32 pm

Well, scratch this thread- BMarsh to Miami for a 2nd and a pick next year from what I understand.
verbal8
General Manager

Post#24 » by verbal8 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:52 pm

I guess it is not surprising that Marshall and McNabb had similar trade values. Although they have different situations they both offer a lot of risk and reward.

It looks pretty clear that the Steelers got pennies on the dollar for Holmes. I think the suspension was a significant hit to his value.
verbal8
General Manager

Post#25 » by verbal8 » Wed Apr 14, 2010 2:57 pm

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/16640/20100414/dez_bryant_to_visit_broncos/

It would be odd if the Broncos get rid of Marshall and turn around and get Dez Bryant. Although I think Marshall needs a new start more than being an actual bad character. Dez Bryant has more red flags than a Chinese Communist Parade.
NbdyBeatsTheWiz
Sixth Man
And1: 105

Post#26 » by NbdyBeatsTheWiz » Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:04 pm

verbal8 wrote:It would be odd if the Broncos get rid of Marshall and turn around and get Dez Bryant. Although I think Marshall needs a new start more than being an actual bad character. Dez Bryant has more red flags than a Chinese Communist Parade.

Tell me about it. Those have been my thoughts throughout the Broncos discussions. Sure BMarsh had his issues, but he's also a LOCK for 100 catches and 8 or so TDs a year, and he's in his prime. Why on earth would you replace that with Dez Bryant, who reportedly has been removed from 10 or so teams' draft boards due to character issues, who also hasn't proven a darned thing yet? Sure you can say Randy Moss had the same knocks coming into the league, but you had a Randy in your hands ten minutes ago with BMarsh.
verbal8
General Manager

Post#27 » by verbal8 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 6:10 pm

http://football.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/16722/20100420/sources_mcnabb_wants_to_in_washington/

A possibility worse than Brandon Marshall. Although if he means the Skins use their picks on the O-Line could learn to live with it.

Return to Washington Football Team