[url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=35][img]/banners/was_wizards.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=124][img]/banners/was_nationals.png[/img][/url][url=/boards/viewforum.php?f=233][img]/banners/was_capitals.png[/img][/url]

Skins Going After Ticket Plan Holders

Moderator: LyricalRico

LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Skins Going After Ticket Plan Holders 

Post#1 » by LyricalRico » Thu Sep 3, 2009 4:32 pm

I realize that it's a business but seriously...

It would be hard to find a more loyal fan of the Washington Redskins than real estate agent Pat Hill. She's had season tickets since the early 1960s, when her daughter danced in the halftime shows at the old D.C. Stadium, before it was renamed in memory of Robert F. Kennedy.

<snip>

Now, Hill says, her beloved Redskins are forcing her into bankruptcy.

Last year, Hill's real estate sales were hit hard by the housing market crash, and she told the team that she could no longer afford her $5,300-a-year contract for two loge seats behind the end zone. Hill said she asked the Redskins to waive her contract for a year or two.

The sales office declined.

On Oct. 8, the Redskins sued Hill in Prince George's County Circuit Court for backing out of a 10-year ticket-renewal agreement after the first year. The team sought payment for every season through 2017, plus interest, attorneys' fees and court costs.

Hill couldn't afford a lawyer. She did not fight the lawsuit or even respond to it because, she said, she believes that the Bible says that it is morally wrong not to pay your debts. The team won a default judgment of $66,364.

<snip>

Hill is one of 125 season ticket holders who asked to be released from multiyear contracts and were sued by the Redskins in the past five years.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... id=topnews

Unbelievable. C'mon Danny - have a heart. Or at least buy one...

:nonono:
LyricalRico
Forum Mod - Wizards
Forum Mod - Wizards
And1: 780

Re: Skins Going After Ticket Plan Holders 

Post#2 » by LyricalRico » Tue Sep 8, 2009 4:54 pm

Looks like the publicity made a difference:

The Washington Redskins notified a Fairfax County woman Friday that the team plans to ask a court to vacate a $66,364 court judgment against her after she defaulted on a multiyear contract for season club tickets.

<snip>

Redskins General Counsel David Donovan wrote to Hill in an e-mail Friday afternoon: "I have directed our outside counsel to notify the courts that your obligation to the Redskins has been satisfied and to vacate the judgment against you. That means you no longer owe the Redskins anything, and you are released from all of your contractual obligations."

<snip>

Hill said she had attempted to get a waiver of a year or two in her contract. "I must have talked to them eight or nine times," she said. "I talked to a number of different people."

She said she couldn't afford a lawyer and never responded to the lawsuit.

Hill said Donovan told her that she should have called him directly. She said she told him: "I didn't even know you existed. I don't know you."

Hill said Donovan also told her she should have responded to the team's letters, but she told a reporter Friday, "I got no letters, and every call that was ever made to me was returned, and I physically went down to the Redskins office and explained my situation."

After her phone conversation with Donovan, Hill told The Post: "It is like he is blaming everything on me."

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/co ... 04119.html

So they end up doing (what I would consider to be) the right thing, but still find a way to blame it on her. Oh well, at least she won't have to declare bankruptcy now.

Return to Washington Football Team