ImageImageImageImageImage

Jordan ranks Kobe ahead of Lebron

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Slink
Bench Warmer
And1: 965

Re: Jordan ranks Kobe ahead of Lebron 

Post#41 » by Slink » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:00 pm

Jedi32 wrote:the lebron crowd moves the goal posts to much for me. when it comes to him and kobe it's stats,but when it comes to lebron/wilt it's rings and then they cry about pace,but turn around and say lebron has no control over who he plays in the east. if that's the case,and i agree,why should we punish wilt for a pace he had to play?

Exactly right about the rings. Bron was supposed to win 2-3 more rings with the Cavs but that's not happening with the Dubs in the way. So now the story is "rings were never really important; a championship is a team achievement and irrelevant to player status as Goat."
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,282

Post#42 » by Jedi32 » Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:00 pm

mademan wrote:
Jedi32 wrote:the lebron crowd moves the goal posts to much for me. when it comes to him and kobe it's stats,but when it comes to lebron/wilt it's rings and then they cry about pace,but turn around and say lebron has no control over who he plays in the east. if that's the case,and i agree,why should we punish wilt for a pace he had to play?

That's disingenuous. Lebron and Kobe played in the same era and a direct comparison can be more readily made. You dont have to talk out both sides of the mouth to use stats to prop up Lebron vs Kobe while at the same time using context around Wilt's stats.

Though your right about the goalposting moving. Though I find that's common in all player fandom (Lebron/Kobe/Jordan even Bird/Magic alike)

Playing in the same era doesn't mean all things are equal. As I've said before kobe ran a system, lebron is the system. Putting up 1 or two more assists and 1 or 2 more boards a game doesn't scream waaaay better player imo.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,175

Post#43 » by SlimShady83 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:43 am

IMO ... You can't compare Lebron too Jordan OR Kobe ... Why's that you ask ???

It's not the amount of chips, stats or who they played for or with ....

It's because wait for it ... The positions they played

Both Jordan and Kobe are Shooting guards standing in at 6ft6/7 and virtually Identical in every way

Bron is a PF and what 6ft9/10? weigh probably an extra 20kg or some ****...

Might as well compare Shawn Bradley too Muggsy Bogues LOL LOL LOL ... One more time now LOL ...

If you're going to Compare Bron to anyone, then why not too Karl Malone, Moses Malone and all the other great PF's in their primes < those two just stuck out in the top of my head.

Comparing someone to another player who plays a different position is too me POINTLESS ...

Shaq VS Steph Curry In their Primes Now let's compare the two shall we < Discuss

LOL LOL LOL

Edit: For the title of the thread ...

It's Jordan, Kobe, Lebron < But I'd still put other players ahead of both Kobe and Lebron in the top10 of all time
Bring back Defense
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#44 » by danfantastk32 » Mon Aug 14, 2017 4:56 am

Who really cares? First off.....Lonzo is prob trying to court Lebron to come here. Kobe is rear-view mirror at this point, so why not try flattering Lebron?

But it's also entirely possible he was just being flat out honest. And good for him, if that's the case. I'd still pick Kobe, although if I'm being honest, I'd say Lebron is prob a better player. Stats lean towards Lebron....Kobe's got 5. Both have been to 7 finals. Lebron's done it in the East...Kobe was unquestionably the 2nd best player his 1st title....and prob 2nd best for his 2nd title. You could make a strong argument on his 3rd title too.

And on and on....

Someone asked Lonzo a question, and he answered it. If he'd said "Rudy Gay" or something....I'd be a little worried, but if he thinks Lebron is a better...I can certainly live with that. Either choice has plenty of merits.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#45 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:49 am

Younger kids pick LBJ especially those who never saw the #8 Kobe. I'll give Bron the stats but everything else is Kobe. Intangibles, mentality, leadership, passion and heart and everything else especially the killer instinct .
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

Post#46 » by mcscotty » Mon Aug 14, 2017 9:23 pm

mcscotty wrote:
NBAWestFan wrote:
ScHoolBoy B wrote:Put LeBron on the team with LO/Pau he'd cry for more all star players. Put Kobe on a team with Wade/Bosh/Allen then Love/Kyrie he'd probably have 10-12 championships. Plus LeBron playing in the West and Kobe playing in the East? Kobe would shatter LeBron's consecutive finals record. While LeBron would probably struggle to even get to finals every year playing in the West. LeBron is the definition of easy way out.

Kobe Bryant all damn day.

This is an excellent point.

Kobe/Wade/Bosh/Allen They are not loosing to the Mavs team

Kobe is a great closer with Wade and him they are closing games out.

They lost to an aging Spurs team, too. Kobe used to destroy them in their prime back in the day.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,543

Post#47 » by stan francisco » Tue Aug 15, 2017 1:36 pm

EZ GG makes some good points. Why compare a SF/PF to SGs? Is the article referring to wing players as a group? Even then, LBJ plays a lot of PF minutes. How about comparing Barkley and Nash? Who's the best? Thanks for setting this thread straight, EZ.

All-time, by position, my opinion

PGs: 1) Magic 2) West
SGs: 1) MJ 2) KB
SFs: 1) LBJ 2) Bird
PFs: 1) Malone 2) Duncan
Cs: 1) KAJ 2) Wilt

(if we include only color TV era,

Cs: 1) KAJ 2) Shaq)

Good team. Yeah, I'm a Laker fan.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
Nightwing
Freshman
And1: 84

Post#48 » by Nightwing » Wed Aug 16, 2017 1:04 pm

NBA legends, current players, young players (lonzo not included) pick kobe. who would i rather believe keyboard typing profesionals or players that actually had a professional basketball career? it's so hard to choose. lmao

stats will always lean on lebron but the eye test will lean on kobe. the eye test will always be superior, there are too many variables when you discuss numbers.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#49 » by stan francisco » Wed Aug 16, 2017 7:02 pm

Nightwing wrote:NBA legends, current players, young players (lonzo not included) pick kobe. who would i rather believe keyboard typing profesionals or players that actually had a professional basketball career? it's so hard to choose. lmao

stats will always lean on Karl Malone but the eye test will lean on Reggie Miller. the eye test will always be superior, there are too many variables when you discuss numbers.

They play different positions. I changed the names above to highlight how it reads, comparing another PF to another SG. LBJ is a SF/PF. Kobe is a SG.

If we're comparing stardom, that's a different story. Kobe's shooting percentage will always haunt him in the best swing man ever discussion. Jordan ranks Kobe above LBJ in what?
Nightwing
Freshman
And1: 84

Post#50 » by Nightwing » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:11 am

stan francisco wrote:
Nightwing wrote:NBA legends, current players, young players (lonzo not included) pick kobe. who would i rather believe keyboard typing profesionals or players that actually had a professional basketball career? it's so hard to choose. lmao

stats will always lean on Karl Malone but the eye test will lean on Reggie Miller. the eye test will always be superior, there are too many variables when you discuss numbers.

They play different positions. I changed the names above to highlight how it reads, comparing another PF to another SG. LBJ is a SF/PF. Kobe is a SG.

If we're comparing stardom, that's a different story. Kobe's shooting percentage will always haunt him in the best swing man ever discussion. Jordan ranks Kobe above LBJ in what?

well, karl malone is no lebron james and reggie miller is no kobe bryant. and to be fair, lebron plays point forward most of the time and just an ample time playing PF.

jordan ranks kobe above lbj in what? preference and who he believes is better. why do we have to argue of what he says? and don't give me bs reasons that he's legacy is threatened, 3-5 can't go backwards to make it 6-0.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#51 » by stan francisco » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:26 am

Read again. Kobe's legacy is and always will be threatened by the offensive efficiency numbers by LBJ and MJ
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 476

Post#52 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Thu Aug 17, 2017 1:28 pm

stan francisco wrote:Read again. Kobe's legacy is and always will be threatened by the offensive efficiency numbers by LBJ and MJ

Kobe will still be the best closer though.
Shot Caller
Ballboy
And1: 26

Post#53 » by Shot Caller » Thu Aug 17, 2017 3:08 pm

MJ is right on the money. i wouldn't argue with one of the best to do it. so.....
stan francisco
Lead Assistant

Post#54 » by stan francisco » Fri Aug 18, 2017 1:52 am

dAdo dA dEvil wrote:
stan francisco wrote:Read again. Kobe's legacy is and always will be threatened by the offensive efficiency numbers by LBJ and MJ

Kobe will still be the best closer though.

Yes.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers