Little of both
32%

Total votes: 93

larry14r
Bench Warmer
And1: 131

Re: Indy files tampering charges against the Magic Johnson 

Post#21 » by larry14r » Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:59 pm

DEEP3CL wrote:Secondly people have to throw out the suggestion that they "tampered for sure", what proof is there besides Magic winking on TV while being asked questions by Kimmel ? Unless the Pacers have emails, text and recorded conversations between Mintz, Pelinka and Magic then this investigation is going to end up empty.

Pelinka being a lawyer himself would've went to Magic and told him personally to chill with the PG talk, and my gut is that conversation happened at some point because Magic wasn't mentioning the free agent stuff after the Kimmel show.

This is Pritchard trying to save his job, because we all know that was one of the crappiest trades in a long time. Indy took on more money and marginal players at best. I even saw a comment on the GB that said Oladipo was better than Clarkson...their careers have been on the same trajectory numbers wise, but JC is an overall better basketball player than he is period.

I know this for sure thought....the Pacers are now on the hated list with the Celtics and Spurs. Congrats Pacers you've made an exclusive club.

Especially if the Pacers gets the news in their favor.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#22 » by DEEP3CL » Mon Aug 21, 2017 12:51 am

You know the main objective the Pacers hope to secure out of all of this is that the Lakers for sure are found guilty and that punishment levied be that George can't sign with the Lakers for X amount of years.

Somebody mentioned the Joe Smith deal, that wasn't tampering. Smith's case was a salary cap circumvention. Smith was promised a bigger deal later if he signed a below market deal so the Wolves can make other moves. The deal actually went under the leagues nose at first because Smith signed for a low deal in the summer of 98. After the 99-00 season the league found out about the under the table deal and voided the last year of Smith's deal and took 5 picks and fined them 3.5 mil, they later got 2 of the picks back.

As for the Lakers we can't afford to lose picks, after this committed pick in 18 is over with we were suppose to be free of ever losing picks again. Now we have this cloud, if anything this clearly should show Magic to just lay off even mentioning other players the risk isn't worth it and I love Magic but this wasn't the way we were suppose to close the summer out.

It's just funny as hell because of all the deals we've seen other teams make that derived from players getting in other players ear, like how Golden State players pretty much bragged about with the KD thing. They made it known they were calling him pretty much the minute they Cavs started drinking champagne.

I mean that's a blatant as it gets, but since it was player to player the NBA looks the other way.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
LakersSoul
Head Coach
And1: 4,486

Post#23 » by LakersSoul » Mon Aug 21, 2017 2:41 am

PG wants to come to LA and plays for his team instead of a middle of the pack team that decides it will not support PG's ambitions. PG even told the FO that they have to improve the team. Instead of improving the team, Indiana stands pat so PG wants out and prefers his hometown team who are trying to improve by spending. Pritchard then panics and trades PG for Oladipo's horrible contract and now they are pissed?

Indiana FO is so damn incompetent.

"Westy, LeBron + AD to rule the West.
Return of the King, the Lakers."
Takes5
Sophomore
And1: 71

Post#24 » by Takes5 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:00 am

Pritchard attempting to save his jorb. Since there's been nothing new on this the past two months, if there was a true rule breaking tampering they would have filed the claim prior to making the franchise ruining garbage trade.
Jedi32
Head Coach
And1: 6,276

Post#25 » by Jedi32 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:24 am

There is absolutely nothing that suggests the lakers definitely tampered with anything. This seems like a disgruntled former employer who's acting like a 13 year old little girl who got dumped. People are getting upset off of a damn wink? It was on a late night/comedy show I mean let's get real. The pacers see how stupid the trade they made for George was and now wanna whine and complain instead of taking responsibility for their own actions.
spikeslovechild
RealGM
And1: 5,901

Post#26 » by spikeslovechild » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:48 am

Was the wink the basis? I would agree that would be pretty weak if that was the case but Indy is probably privy to stuff not in the public sphere they maybe basing it on much more then the wink we just don't know.

One thing that sort of stood out to me is the Pacers didn't allege he spoke inappropriately about George they allege Magic spoke inappropriately to George. There is a major difference one sees you get a slap on the wrist like Magic received back in october when he was vice president of basketball operations. The other likely gets you lost draft picks.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Post#27 » by Dloading99 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:39 am

I'm going to go on a rant.

First of all Fluck the Pacers. everybody hates on the Lakers when they have a player who is vocal about wanting to join them. Nobody said shlit when the Miami Heat tampered with Lebron when Cleveland tampered with Lebron when Houston Tampered with Chris Paul. and Houston tampers with everyone. nobody said anything when Houston tampered with Dwight Howard. and everybody knows The Warriors Tampered with Durant. Draymond and company all put the full court press on him. Fluck the pacers as a staff and a crew.

They just said Durant wanted to join the Warriors.

Herb Simon is being a blitch it's not Magics fault that your dumb ass GM Kevin Pritchard traded your superstar for a Victor Oledipo package and Damontes Sabonis. Victor Oledipo?????????? that horrible Contract.

now you want to have sour grapes and complain. really???? the whole NBA is tampering so shut the fluck up and figure it out.

The media is the ones who were saying George to the Lakers shlit that's on Paul George he's the one who was putting it out there that he is going to L.A. and it doesn't matter he's going to the Lakers he didn't say I'm committed to the pacers he could have played it coy but he had to open his mouth and fluck it all up. and before the draft he goes I want to go the Lakers I'm not going to the pacers. Dloading traded and that was it.

So the Pacers need to shut up. They knew the dude was bouncin. Magic had nothing to do with that. Magic said we will get two superstars he can be confident if he wants.

Now to Magic the Kimel interview all he had to do was say we don't talk about players. but he went extra over doing it with the well I'll see him we'll talk we just won't talk basketball but I'll be winking. just the Magic charm stuff that he has to do but hey he's a celebrity. all he had to do was say Hey we can talk about my buisnesses the Lakers any Hollywood stuff but nothing about players. I will say this We will be players in free agency and I will land two superstars.

now to the claim. they have nothing. nothing but sour grapes. To sit up and here and say Paul George can't sign with the Lakers if he wants to go to the Lakers is bllullshlit and there will be an immediate lockout if a team or league stops a player from signing with his desired team. what's the point of free agency.

This is the sour grape small market owners getting all butt hurt because the lakers are about to get Paul George and Lebron James just like they did with Chris Paul so fluck them.

and they can all Shut the fluck up.

The league trippin cause the Lakers are about to win multiple championships.

to the Lakers from now on can we just zip it with the talk of players who are signing just sign them when free agency comes.

I can't wait for when Lebron signs of he was talking with them the whole time. Rich Paul already did the deal.

HAHA LOL. :lol:
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 475

Post#28 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Mon Aug 21, 2017 4:47 am

Pacers are salty. Pitchard is dumb. It is only now they realize that they made a very horrible trade deal for PG.
LakersSoul
Head Coach

Post#29 » by LakersSoul » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:20 am

What the NBA needs to do is to allow counter file charges. If the Lakers didnt tamper, then Indiana should be giving up picks to the Lakers. That is only fair.

Dloading99
Pro Prospect

Post#30 » by Dloading99 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:28 am

I agree.

how come the first time this happens it's the Lakers think of all the big free agent signings or trades nothing like this.

Lebron Chris Paul Durant Melo Dwight Howard this is ridiculous.

it's a blatant hatred of the Lakers.

nobody said anything about any other teams but it's the Lakers and Magic.

He didn't even get traded to our team.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect

Post#31 » by Dloading99 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:33 am

DEEP you make great points homey.

But this is not right. This is other teams telling other teams how to do their business. if we lose picks this can destroy our franchise.

and if I were The Lakers I would SUE the Pacers.

Golden State Houston Miami Cleveland they all get away with it. and now they want to complain about the Lakers

it's a DAMN shame. and to a team that's been so good to the League it's bull.

The Lakers should issue a very harsh statement to the Pacers.

even the fact that we are at this point is Bull.

How about the Celtics basically making out with Gordon Heyard. and Brad Stevens and the coaches putting it out there to him. that should be tampering.

The Leagues small market owners are getting ready for Lebron to turn the League upside down when he goes to the Lakers get ready for it. and I'm going to enjoy watching it.

Blatant Jealousy. typical Pacers.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 21,460

Post#32 » by dockingsched » Mon Aug 21, 2017 5:52 am

I don't understand why people are getting so worked up about this in terms of hating on the pacers. If no evidence turns up, this will be a non story soon enough. It's not like this is going to have some long term effect on the lakers future moves or reputation or anything else. If the pacers feel like there was some foul play and they want it looked into, who cares. It's not like you can blame them for it after everything that occurred around Paul George. Heck some of the lakers own actions brought this on themselves with stories about Mitch playing too much within be rules. Can't blame em for being suspicious.

As long as the lakers didn't do anything wrong or at least didn't leave any evidence, this doesn't hurt the lakers in any way. If something does come up though, it's not the Pacers that lakers fans should be mad at.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
TheRealKaboom
Sixth Man
And1: 1,716

Post#33 » by TheRealKaboom » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:15 am

dockingsched wrote:I don't understand why people are getting so worked up about this in terms of hating on the pacers. If no evidence turns up, this will be a non story soon enough. It's not like this is going to have some long term effect on the lakers future moves or reputation or anything else. If the pacers feel like there was some foul play and they want it looked into, who cares. It's not like you can blame them for it after everything that occurred around Paul George. Heck some of the lakers own actions brought this on themselves with stories about Mitch playing too much within be rules. Can't blame em for being suspicious.

As long as the lakers didn't do anything wrong or at least didn't leave any evidence, this doesn't hurt the lakers in any way. If something does come up though, it's not the Pacers that lakers fans should be mad at.

Some garbage organization in the middle of nowhere, still employing one of the most hated Celtic mother **** ever, decides to mess with us because their star player said he wanted to play for Larry Bird's arch-nemesis instead of for Larry Bird, and you can't figure out why we're "worked up"? Are you trolling?
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#34 » by BEazy » Mon Aug 21, 2017 6:43 am

Larry Bird isn't with the Pacers anymore. It's Kevin Pritchard...

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
TheRealKaboom
Sixth Man
And1: 1,716

Post#35 » by TheRealKaboom » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:09 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:Larry Bird isn't with the Pacers anymore. It's Kevin Pritchard...

Bird stepped down as President, but is still employed by the Pacers as an adviser.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,109

Post#36 » by Dr Aki » Mon Aug 21, 2017 7:18 am

Dloading99
Pro Prospect

Post#37 » by Dloading99 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:37 am

What do the Pacers have on the Lakers for evidence?

Jimmy Kimmel interview.

can you get Tampering for a Wink? All of Yall in here put your Silver Hat on say what you would say off of that tape.

Did Magic say Paul Georges name? nope

did he make an insinuation that he would discuss signing him.

He said we'll talk which is very bad in terms of evidence because you shouldn't be talking to a player. what was the intention of the we'll talk he said we'll run into each other and talk basically saying we always run into each other which can be assumed that they are boys. now he could say we talk. and in the interview he said we'll talk but it won't be about basketball. Magic could say I mentor a lot of guys tell them about managing money businesses especially the L.A. guys.

Magic did not mention basketball Magic did not say we'll talk basketball. he said we won't discuss basketball. the Wink was stupid cause it insinuates that it's bull I might say come play for us. and you know I'm really gonna talk hoops with you about playing for our team. HAHA LOL wink wink we aint talking basketball but I'm clearly going to court him. anyone looking at that interview can see it looks like they are talking about said player Paul George. that's just from the NBA perspective it was very stupid to do that on that interview. cause it really makes it murky in terms of tampering. if that was Michael Jordan and it was Kobe Bryant would that be tampering?

Overall the video interview isn't tampering the most it is is magic saying he'll run into Paul George but they won't talk basketball but they'll talk. The NBA would say Don't insinuate tampering next time Magic by winking you make a mockery of the rule. there might be a fine but nothing more. it's not like Magic said yeah we are going to discuss why he should sign with us. he's a great player. and he should be playing for the Lakers we are Hollywood nothing like that.

Now if the NBA has Emails or Texts? from Other parties disgruntled employees at the agency any hanger oner employee then it gets crazy for the Lakers. and they might be getting into tricky spots. phone calls phone records pictures and you would be surprised how people get pictures these days but it happens hello TMZ sports. so you never know.

But all of us in here said it looked like tampering like there was a wink wink when Magic went on that rant about using that money. "IF I Didn't THINK I COULD USE THAT MONEY I WOULDN'T HAVE GOT IT" that rant was clear they had something they knew and the NBA might point to that. they'll also figure out who were these sources that said he was definitely coming to the Lakers.

I hope they don't make an example out of us. but really they need to and I think they will put an end to players openly tampering with other players on teams to get players to sign. because how easy is it for an owner to tell his player hey talk to Lebron about signing here you know they all do it.

My opinion is The Lakers get nothing but they will know from now on just keep it shut about other players.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect

Post#38 » by Dloading99 » Mon Aug 21, 2017 8:50 am

One more thing I want to add

You guys do know Paul George did do Jimmy Kimmel right after that. and Jimmy was asking him basically the same thing. so I think the NBA will look at that interview also and see Pauls answers to questions so you guys might want to look at that interview also NBA might say why did he talk about that on his interview but he basically said it's L.A. he is going to train with Kobe the Rob Pelinka factor so there are all kind of things that are going to be factored in.

But yall should check out that interview also. kind of funny that Jimmy Kimmel might decide how our franchise looks never thought that. Damn lol.
LakersSoul
Head Coach

Post#39 » by LakersSoul » Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:15 am

The wink wink video and George's response... Is this all that Indiana has?

stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,537

Post#40 » by stan francisco » Mon Aug 21, 2017 3:23 pm

This just in from Breaking Wind News:

Pacers players alleged to have tampered with Pritchard's brain, Pritchard claimed when asked about the false accusations he recently aimed at Magic Johnson.
PG: D Lo / Reaves / Vincent(IL) / JHS
SG: Christie / Dinwiddie / Lewis / Mays
SF: LBJ / Prince / Reddish / Windler
PF: Rui / Vando(IL) / LBJ
CTR: AD / Hayes / Wood

Modern era NBA titles:
LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4

Return to Los Angeles Lakers