ImageImageImageImageImage

Kyle Freaking Kuzma !!?!?!!

Moderators: Tarik Black, Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

Laker_Kid
Bench Warmer
And1: 295

Kyle Freaking Kuzma !!?!?!! 

Post#301 » by Laker_Kid » Thu Oct 12, 2017 6:33 pm

we need to ride Kuzma’s game until he hits that wall. meaning, building towards emphasizing him to make sure he succeeds (ie. starting, playing time, off the bench as its currently a working formula, on the floor with lonzo or caruso) i see no reason not to. if Luke doesnt realize this, i just might lose some faith in him.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 6,622

Re: Kyle Freaking Kuzma !!?!?!! 

Post#302 » by dockingsched » Thu Oct 12, 2017 7:22 pm

goatherd666 wrote:
Tarik_shaq wrote:So if we had the chance to trade kuzma to get rod of dengs contract, do we do it?

no sir. so far he is better than ingram ever was. so why not ingram instead?

It’s a good question. With the front office’s free agent plan, I think it’s highly likely that if it’s on the table and no other options are out there, one of Kuzma or Ingram could be used to move Deng.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Edrees
General Manager
And1: 4,019

Post#303 » by Edrees » Thu Oct 12, 2017 8:33 pm

Nevermind, someone beat me to it, posted the lakers film room Kyle kuzma video
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 4,860

Post#304 » by Kilroy » Thu Oct 12, 2017 9:42 pm

dockingsched wrote:
goatherd666 wrote:
Tarik_shaq wrote:So if we had the chance to trade kuzma to get rod of dengs contract, do we do it?

It’s a good question. With the front office’s free agent plan, I think it’s highly likely that if it’s on the table and no other options are out there, one of Kuzma or Ingram could be used to move Deng.

Yep... I was just going to post the same thing. Ball, Kuzma, Ingram, Nance is probably the order of desire around the league... It would seem that if we want to dump Deng, one of the first 3 probably need to go with him...

Ingram's ceiling would seem to be higher, but Kuzma is better at most things right now. So which gamble do you take?

There's a chance Nance or Randle go on a tear and become more valuable, but I think Randle's impending new contract makes him harder to move no matter how good he plays. And it's hard to imaging Nance becoming something more than he is right now.
Lakers 2.0... Will it be 0S X Tiger, or Win ME?...
XXBKXX
Junior
And1: 158

Post#305 » by XXBKXX » Thu Oct 12, 2017 11:44 pm

Come on guys... We cannot be that fickle that we are really swinging from one end of the pendulum by being ok with labeling BI as "untouchable" after the first summer league game --- to let's use him to dump a contract before we even finish pre season.. Need to chill. Overall, using young good assets to dump bad contracts is not a strategy for success. As an isolated -- one time deal -- moving Dlo to dump Moz's $$$ was the right choice. DLo had a **** attitude and we were drafting Zo as a replacement. Now, we just need to Stretch Deng after this year while we let our young core of Kids develop.

I couldn't get behind the strategy to "let the kids develop" when our core was Dlo, Randle, Clarkson, Nance. But a core of Zo, BI, and Kuz ( + 2 max FAs) is strategy I can get behind. I know people are disappointed that Ingram isn't going off right now, but I believe we will have a better idea of what type of player he will be after the all Star break. If hes consistent and scoring at least 14 ppg by then ... Then that would be a Huge indication that he needs to remain in our core. If hes still struggling to put up 9 pts, then we would need to reassess. For now I'd like to see how well he plays when Zo has had a few games to get him going.

Either way, we need to stop with the "let's use our kids to dump contracts"' bus.
BK
-----------------------
Lakers / Angels / Dolphins
Landsberger
Starter
And1: 401

Post#306 » by Landsberger » Fri Oct 13, 2017 2:57 am

dockingsched wrote:
goatherd666 wrote:

Why not move Randle instead? The odds of us re-signing him are remote and If Kuzma keeps up his production he's better and cheaper than Randle for 3 more years. To move Deng I'd trade Randle and Deng at the deadline for picks and any expiring to make the $$ work. This could be part of a multi-team deal that sheds $$ for a team. I don't see Randle as that difficult to trade if we are not looking for anything back. Keeping him beyond the deadline would be stupid.
larry14r
Pro Prospect
And1: 45

Post#307 » by larry14r » Fri Oct 13, 2017 3:14 am

Landsberger wrote:
dockingsched wrote:
goatherd666 wrote:

Why not move Randle instead? The odds of us re-signing him are remote and If Kuzma keeps up his production he's better and cheaper than Randle for 3 more years. To move Deng I'd trade Randle and Deng at the deadline for picks and any expiring to make the $$ work. This could be part of a multi-team deal that sheds $$ for a team. I don't see Randle as that difficult to trade if we are not looking for anything back. Keeping him beyond the deadline would be stupid.

The problem is that due to Randle looking for a new contract his value is falling, and it might not be enough.
danfantastk32
Sixth Man
And1: 633

Post#308 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:45 am

XXBKXX wrote:Come on guys... We cannot be that fickle that we are really swinging from one end of the pendulum by being ok with labeling BI as "untouchable" after the first summer league game --- to let's use him to dump a contract before we even finish pre season.. Need to chill. I couldn't get behind the strategy to "let the kids develop" when our core was Dlo, Randle, Clarkson, Nance. But a core of Zo, BI, and Kuz ( + 2 max FAs) is strategy I can get behind. I know people are disappointed that Ingram isn't going off right now, but I believe we will have a better idea of what type of player he will be after the all Star break.
Either way, we need to stop with the "let's use our kids to dump contracts"' bus.

The problem is, is that he's far from "not going off". The guy straight up sucks.

I still think of him as untradable....even after that harsh comment. I really do. But it's go-time for the kid. If this guy really is a bust....it's up to the Lakers to try and move him BEFORE that's the league-wide consensus. If your a GM and Magic calls offering Ingram, wouldnt your "spidey-senses" perk up a little??? <----It's a delicate balance.

Right now, I think we're stuck with the guy. If some high praise ruined the kid..what's a trade gonna do to him? I don't know that we actually get much for Ingram right now. If you wanna move Deng...I gotta think Ball and Kuzma are the attractions.

What does Kuzma have to offer?? I don't know....but it's already more than what we've gotten from all our #2 picks.

Between Ingram lost in the marshes...and Randle showing up with exactly NO new facet to his game, I gotta think Kuzma has become a focal point for our FO.
stan francisco
Rookie
And1: 249

Post#309 » by stan francisco » Fri Oct 13, 2017 8:41 am

XXBKXX wrote:Come on guys... We cannot be that fickle that we are really swinging from one end of the pendulum by being ok with labeling BI as "untouchable" after the first summer league game --- to let's use him to dump a contract before we even finish pre season.. Need to chill. Overall, using young good assets to dump bad contracts is not a strategy for success. As an isolated -- one time deal -- moving Dlo to dump Moz's $$$ was the right choice. DLo had a **** attitude and we were drafting Zo as a replacement. Now, we just need to Stretch Deng after this year while we let our young core of Kids develop.

I couldn't get behind the strategy to "let the kids develop" when our core was Dlo, Randle, Clarkson, Nance. But a core of Zo, BI, and Kuz ( + 2 max FAs) is strategy I can get behind. I know people are disappointed that Ingram isn't going off right now, but I believe we will have a better idea of what type of player he will be after the all Star break. If hes consistent and scoring at least 14 ppg by then ... Then that would be a Huge indication that he needs to remain in our core. If hes still struggling to put up 9 pts, then we would need to reassess. For now I'd like to see how well he plays when Zo has had a few games to get him going.

Great post.

Thankfully, the FO won't turn their backs on BI during preseason. :-)

Kuz and BI could coexist beautifully. Randle should be with the Grizzlies.
Luke's Lakers 2017-2018

PG — Ball, Ennis, Caruso
SG — KCP, Clarkson, Hart
SF — Ingram, Brewer, Deng
PF — Randle, Kuzma, Nance
C — Lopez, Bogut, Zubacca, Bryant

Lakers starters, 2018-19 (for b-ball reasons)
LB — KCP — BI — LBJ — AD
ROballer
Lead Assistant
And1: 863

Post#310 » by ROballer » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:37 am

stan francisco wrote:

Yup, I think the Grizzlies with their style might be the only team in the league willing to add Randle to a somewhat significant role.....any other team would use him as a backup for somebody.

Obviously their 1st would be a blessing, but I don't know if they want to part with it(prob in the 17-22 range) for Randle. They also own 2 2nd rounders in 2018, that would be fine by me if it means we get to say goodbye to his sorry ass. Better than losing him for nothing, that's for sure.
Steve Nash injures his back while carrying bags

Slava wrote:I pulled a hammy while fapping. I won't make fun of Nash.
stan francisco
Rookie

Post#311 » by stan francisco » Fri Oct 13, 2017 12:00 pm

ROballer wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

Yup, I think the Grizzlies with their style might be the only team in the league willing to add Randle to a somewhat significant role.....any other team would use him as a backup for somebody.

Obviously their 1st would be a blessing, but I don't know if they want to part with it(prob in the 17-22 range) for Randle. They also own 2 2nd rounders in 2018, that would be fine by me if it means we get to say goodbye to his sorry ass. Better than losing him for nothing, that's for sure.

Popovic loves Randle. Which should make us think twice about if, when and how we should part with him. They, too, still try to play half court bangball in the playoffs. Julius is a rebounding beast and on offense M Gasol can stretch just like Lopez. He'd fit well in Memphis.
Luke's Lakers 2017-2018

PG — Ball, Ennis, Caruso
SG — KCP, Clarkson, Hart

LB — KCP — BI — LBJ — AD
Pointgod
Analyst
And1: 2,778

Post#312 » by Pointgod » Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:23 pm

ROballer wrote:
stan francisco wrote:

I could definitely see Randle as a Randolph replacement. We should be on the phone hard with the Grizzlies right now. The problem is that they owe Boston 2019 pick so the soonest we can get a pick is 2021 which is fine by me but is that good enough reason for a team to take on Deng?
One Love
Sixth Man
And1: 199

Post#313 » by One Love » Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:00 pm

Randle is the odd man out... Kuzz has showed more in a dozen games than Randle has shown in 2 years... He still can't shoot, has no right and dominates the ball... All facets of his game do NOT for Luke's system...
stan francisco
Rookie

Post#314 » by stan francisco » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:48 pm

One Love wrote:Randle is the odd man out... Kuzz has showed more in a dozen games than Randle has shown in 2 years... He still can't shoot, has no right and dominates the ball... All facets of his game do NOT for Luke's system...

Yeah, I agree. But geez. It's not even the regular season yet. I know that he's been here for two seasons but hear me out.

Let's see what he can do with the space Lopez will give him and Ingram to play with, as a fast two man game duo down low fed by Lonzo, before you trade him for a bud light.

The truth is that this will be the first year to judge him fairly. This is why:

First year: No game pace experience. Season ending bone fracture 7 minutes into the season.

Second year: Kobe dribbles while the world applauds him. Randle barely touches the ball.

Third year: Clarkson thinks he's Kobe. Mozgov clogs the paint, doesn't stretch the floor like Lopez.

This year: Enter Lonzo. Enter a true stretch five in Lopez. Enter KCP's defense. Enter long and spot-on outlet passes. Enter Kuzma off the bench breathing down his neck for playing time.

I want to see what he does before I trade him for garbage. Team USA didn't invite him because he has no talent.

It's still pre-season and this is the first fair shot he has at showing what he's got. With a normal situation, no coaching change, no legend retiring, no Young-Russell drama, no Lou chucker. It happens to also be a contract year. I think he may surprise a nay sayer or two. I expect him to take it to the next level.
Luke's Lakers 2017-2018

PG — Ball, Ennis, Caruso
SG — KCP, Clarkson, Hart

LB — KCP — BI — LBJ — AD
danfantastk32
Sixth Man

Post#315 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 12:42 am

stan francisco wrote:Yeah, I agree. But geez. It's not even the regular season yet. I know that he's been here for two seasons but hear me out.
Let's see what he can do with the space Lopez will give him and Ingram to play with, as a fast two man game duo down low fed by Lonzo, before you trade him for a bud light.

First year: No game pace experience. Season ending bone fracture 7 minutes into the season.

Second year: Kobe dribbles while the world applauds him. Randle barely touches the ball.

Third year: Clarkson thinks he's Kobe. Mozgov clogs the paint, doesn't stretch the floor like Lopez.

This year: Enter Lonzo. Enter a true stretch five in Lopez. Enter KCP's defense. Enter long and spot-on outlet passes. Enter Kuzma off the bench breathing down his neck for playing time.

I want to see what he does before I trade him for garbage. Team USA didn't invite him because he has no talent.

It's still pre-season and this is the first fair shot he has at showing what he's got. With a normal situation, no coaching change, no legend retiring, no Young-Russell drama, no Lou chucker. It happens to also be a contract year. I think he may surprise a nay sayer or two. I expect him to take it to the next level.

I agree that it's early to write these guys off. This is preseason, with no Ball....our vets barely playing...and a hundred different rotations, and wacky minutes. We can't trade guys now anyways.....so it's not even a thought for me.

But you can look at Randles minutes and see that he didn't learn to shoot outside, or use his right. He's the same 'bull in a china-shop' that he was last season....and while it's enough to be a decent bench player....3 seasons of no growth is just that.

Ingram is still a rookie as far as I'm concerned. The season hasn't even started yet. It's way too early to be giving up on him. But like Randle....you can watch Ingram play and see the same missed shots as last year. With Ingram....I feel it's more about adjusting to the new weight....and the guy needs to have a couple good games, and RELAX. He's playing like crap right now, but I'm not too worried about Ingram. Not yet anyhow.

Randle though....I mean, we got zip as far as development. Thats alarming.
XXBKXX
Junior
And1: 158

Re: RE: Re: Kyle Freaking Kuzma !!?!?!! 

Post#316 » by XXBKXX » Sat Oct 14, 2017 6:04 am

stan francisco wrote:
One Love wrote:Randle is the odd man out... Kuzz has showed more in a dozen games than Randle has shown in 2 years... He still can't shoot, has no right and dominates the ball... All facets of his game do NOT for Luke's system...

Yeah, I agree. But geez. It's not even the regular season yet. I know that he's been here for two seasons but hear me out.

I dunno, that's just a lot of excuses for Randle. Honestly, I think we've seen enough of him to draw a reasonable conclusion that he is who he is showing us. I believe he's pretty close to his ceiling looking at the trajectory of improvement he's on. Sure he's grown every year as a player, but he will always be a charging bull. I think for him to get to the next level he needs to develop and rely on a mid-range shot. Shooting threes is too much to ask from him. But a mid-range would do him wonders, its what brought Karl Malone to that next level.

With that said, very nervous in Kuz's play tonight. Ever since Luke had that talk with him he hasn't been the same explosive scoring type of player. I'm hoping tonight was just a fluke, Luke better not have messed with his confidence. We desperately need scorers on this team. We can't survive by relying on six players to score 15 pts a game to win. We NEED at minimum two 20+PPG scorers.
BK
-----------------------
Lakers / Angels / Dolphins
stan francisco
Rookie

Post#317 » by stan francisco » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:09 am

With Lonzo it'll be more like four players averaging 16-18PPG than two players putting up 20 plus every night. Flashes of what I was talking about could be seen against the clips. Grant said the same thing about this being his first fair / normal season.
Luke's Lakers 2017-2018

PG — Ball, Ennis, Caruso
SG — KCP, Clarkson, Hart

LB — KCP — BI — LBJ — AD
LakersSoul
Senior
And1: 239

Post#318 » by LakersSoul » Sat Oct 14, 2017 9:23 am

See 1:36 mark on the video. You see Kuz talking with Vince Carter and taking in all that knowledge. The panel talks about how this is the norm with Kuzma. Kuz goes to all the vets and takes in advice and works on that to improve his game.

I dont know if Kuzma will lead the team in points and I dont care but I love the fact that Kuzma is opening his ear and outworking most to improve his game. He will turn into a special player that will benefit the Lakers with wins and tradable assets like Randle and others.

PG: Ball/Ennis/Caruso (2W)
SG: KCP/Clarkson/Hart
SF: BI/Kuzma/Brewer
PF: Randle/Nance/Deng
C: Lopez/Bogut/Zubac/Bryant
danfantastk32
Sixth Man

Re: RE: Re: Kyle Freaking Kuzma !!?!?!! 

Post#319 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Oct 14, 2017 3:30 pm

XXBKXX wrote: With that said, very nervous in Kuz's play tonight. Ever since Luke had that talk with him he hasn't been the same explosive scoring type of player. I'm hoping tonight was just a fluke, Luke better not have messed with his confidence. We desperately need scorers on this team. We can't survive by relying on six players to score 15 pts a game to win. We NEED at minimum two 20+PPG scorers.

I thought his shots and attacks were there....they just weren't falling. Let's remember.....Kuzma's minutes already, are prob a good chunk of a college season. With these minutes....I think your gonna see games where his legs aren't there.
Landsberger
Starter
And1: 401

Post#320 » by Landsberger » Sat Oct 14, 2017 7:19 pm

Kuzma isn't going to get 15 every night. He may average that but he will have his issues as all rookies do. Last night he was mentally out of the game after his first stint. That game was not a good game to evaluate anyone on. It was one step above a city league game from the 4 minute mark of the 3rd on.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers