ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Trade Ideas thread

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

lonzo_pelota
Lead Assistant
And1: 6,554

Re: The Offseason Of Redemption. Lakers Rumors, Trades, Signings 2018. 

Post#461 » by lonzo_pelota » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:02 pm

what are the lakers sign & trade potential as far as IT, KCP around the draft or pre draft
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,036

Post#462 » by RamonSessions7 » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:07 pm

lonzo_pelota wrote:what are the lakers sign & trade potential as far as IT, KCP around the draft or pre draft

None really. We wouldn't want to be taking back cap in all likelihood for those 2
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#463 » by The Skyhook » Thu Apr 19, 2018 11:25 pm

Sedale Threatt wrote:I don’t even give a **** if we win anything. Just to get the chance to watch LeBron in our uniform every night for two or three seasons would be pretty damn awesome. Almost dropping 50 spots in playoff games in his 15th season ... just amazing.

You pull a miracle off and add George and LeBron (let’s be real. Only way he comes is if George signs here) to this core and you’re winning something. Our young guys play way to hard to not win especially when surrounded by a talent like LeBron who brings out the best in players. Playing hard is something LeBron’s current team lacks.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#464 » by Landsberger » Fri Apr 20, 2018 1:49 am

jay51024 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I've always thought we'd look at trades with some of our youth over just signing FA's. At some point you can't have the max contracts and re-sign the young guys and have anything other than fodder on the bench.

This way we can somewhat balance a team with complementary players over just keeping our young guys because they are "our" young guys.

That said, either Leonard was faking his injury to miss a season or he was truly injured enough to miss an entire season. Either of those scenarios means we should proceed with caution IMHO. If he's healthy and not a diva then I'd trade Ingram and other considerations for him in a second.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Post#465 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 2:14 am

Landsberger wrote:
jay51024 wrote:
Read on Twitter

I've always thought we'd look at trades with some of our youth over just signing FA's. At some point you can't have the max contracts and re-sign the young guys and have anything other than fodder on the bench.

This way we can somewhat balance a team with complementary players over just keeping our young guys because they are "our" young guys.

That said, either Leonard was faking his injury to miss a season or he was truly injured enough to miss an entire season. Either of those scenarios means we should proceed with caution IMHO. If he's healthy and not a diva then I'd trade Ingram and other considerations for him in a second.

Ok....here's one for ya: Let's say Kawhi tells them he's bolting. SA takes stock, and realizes it's time for a full rebuild. They have a problem though: they have 3 more years of aldridge, who's now 32....but still a damn good player. So they want to move him. Would you make this deal?

Kawhi + Aldridge
for
Randle (S&T), Ingram, Clev pick.....and they take Deng.

We would be able to make that work and still sign either PG or Lebron. If we got PG our squad would look like this:
Ball, PG, Kawhi, Kuz, Aldridge. There's actually about $15-mil left there, I think. Quick math: 35forPG-42forAld/Kawhi7forball and about 6-8mil for rest of guys. That's about 90mil. So we could sign a vet looking for a ring, and prob grab lopez again on mid-level.

Landsberger....you make that trade? I think it's a fairly rounded out team.
Unbiased hater
Sixth Man
And1: 749

Post#466 » by Unbiased hater » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:06 am

Aldridge want to be the guy but he isnt good enough
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,637

Re: 2018-2019 Off Season thread 

Post#467 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:22 am

TylersLakers wrote:I meant that we have to find clarity either with a trade/buy out/stretch. I don't think there's any way possible he can be on the roster next year unless he's a viable member of the rotation.

Well, we're kinda stuck with the guy.

3 options:
He can sit there and rot for 2 more years.
We can stretch him
We can throw in something of value to get a team to take him.

Until we actually have a 2nd FA ready to sign....there's no reason to lose talent trying to trade the guy, or stretch him. So that's where it's at. He's gonna sit there and collect his $$$ until we have a desperate need for that $10mil we'd save. Then he'll go sit somewhere else, and collect his $$$.
MixedUp
Senior
And1: 254

Post#468 » by MixedUp » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:11 am

What I hope for (pipedream scenario).

Use as many picks as possible to move Deng, try to get as little salary as possible back.
Renounce KCP/Brook

Sign Paul George 26 mil
Sign Demarcus Cousins 21 mil

Resign Julius Randle
Resign IT

Trade Randle, whatever picks we have left and maybe IT for Leonard.

Dont sign LBJ
Win a championship.

Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met RealGM Forums
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#469 » by Spens1 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:31 am

I reckon we should be cheeky, San Antonio does not have leverage in this scenario at all.

My take is we S&T Randle (on a decent, but not outlandish deal) along with Hart, Zubac and 2 future firsts, even throw in the picks this year if we have to.

Obviously we should explore all deals without Ingram involved first, same with Kuz and to a lesser extent, ball also (though out of the three, i'd deal him first).

Though if push comes to shove, Ingram + Deng for Leonard given the situation they're in should do it i think. (we'd probably have to add 25 but it should be close enough value wise).
lelelazza8
Junior
And1: 15

Post#470 » by lelelazza8 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:41 am

MY FAVORITE SCENARIO...

1. Traded Luol Deng and Cavaliers 2018 First Round Pick for Kent Bazemore
2. Traded Kent Bazemore, Brandon Ingram and CHI 2019 2nd round pick for Kawhi Leonard
3. Traded Lonzo Ball, Ivica Zubac, and Lakers 2020 First Round Pick for Damian Lillard
4. Waived Tyler Ennis in 2018-19 with $ 0 remaining over 0 year(s)
5. Renounced $ 1,471,382 2018-19 cap hold for Metta World Peace
6. Renounced $ 1,471,382 2018-19 cap hold for Thomas Robinson
7. Renounced $ 33,963,525 2018-19 cap hold for Brook Lopez
8. Renounced $ 21,295,073 2018-19 cap hold for Kentavious Caldwell-Pope
9. Renounced $ 11,369,049 2018-19 cap hold for Corey Brewer
10. Renounced $ 11,131,368 2018-19 cap hold for Channing Frye
11. Renounced $ 1,351,118 2018-19 cap hold for Alex Caruso
12. Renounced $ 1,351,118 2018-19 cap hold for Gary Payton II
13. Renounced $ 9,392,093 2018-19 cap hold for Isaiah Thomas
14. Renounced $ 12,447,727 2018-19 cap hold for Julius Randle
15. Signed Paul George to 4yrs/$ 130,290,000 contract starting in 2018-19 using Cap Space
16. Signed Derrick Favors to 3yrs/$ 21,000,000 contract starting in 2018-19 using Cap Space
17. Signed Ersan Ilyasova to 2yrs/$ 7,643,305 contract starting in 2018-19 using Cap Space
18. Signed Marco Belinelli to 2yrs/$ 9,042,550 contract starting in 2018-19 using Room Mid-Level Exception

Favors/T.Bryant/T.Black (vet min)
Ilyasova/Kuzma/Frye (vet min)
Leonard/47th pick (Hutchison?Bates-Diop?)/R.Jefferson (vet min)
George/Belinelli/N.Stauskas (vet min)
Lillard/Hart/M.Chalmers (vet min)
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#471 » by Spens1 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 10:10 am

i like it.

Wonder, if CJ McCollum gets moved on, maybe we should be in for him. Lonzo-CJ actually makes sense (not even considering signings), though for him i certainly wouldn't give one of our main trio and the offer certainly would revolve around Randle (they do need bigs).
zuju
Senior
And1: 121

Post#472 » by zuju » Fri Apr 20, 2018 3:33 pm

I am just wondering why people here are always discrediting our own players and overestimating /overly hype on players in the other teams.
During last season, people here are requesting for a big man who can stretch the floor. We have it this season in Brook, who is effective inside and outside the paint. Now, without much problem in rebounds, people here asks for a defensive center who rebounds aka DJ and Noel. Brook's offensive presence and decent defense seems to be overlooked.
Also, some people want the lakers to sign favors over Randle. Both of them are commanding a similar size of contract imo. But, Rankle was so much effective and important for us. His versatility cannot be replaced easily, and people can only see his so called "shortcoming" of lack of 3 point shots. I just don't know how Favors is anything better than Randle at this stage.

I am definitely not saying that we must resign Randle & brook if we have a better plan/replacement. I just don't see it at this point. Brook was a nightmare prior to All star break. But he turns out good in the second half and built chemistry with Randle and became a great pair. Brook is primarily stretching the floor with Randle on the court. When Randle is resting, Brook can play inside with Kuzma more perimeter oriented. If Randle adds a 3-pt shot, this pair can be nightmare for every other team.
BBBKobe
Junior
And1: 148

Post#473 » by BBBKobe » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:24 pm

dontforget wrote:As of today, this is my plan.

1) Renounce cap holds for: MWP, TRob, Lopez, KCP, Brewer, Frye, and Gary Payton II
2) Trade Deng and Lakers 2019 FRP for Tyson Chandler (1yr/$13M guaranteed) and Alan Williams (1yr/$5M non-guaranteed)
3) Waive Alan Williams, Tyler Ennis, and Alex Caruso
4) Sign Julius Randle to a 4yr/$72M deal.
5) Sign Paul George to a 4yr/$132M max deal.
6) Sign Isaiah Thomas to a 1y/$13M deal.

This will mean 2018 roster of:
Lonzo
Ingram
George
Kuzma
Chandler
IT
Randle
Hart
Zubac
T.Bryant
2018 Cavs Pick
Min Roster Charge

2018 Remaining Cap Space $4M
2019 Remaining Cap Space: $33M

So the Lakers still have some room to play with if you think some numbers are unrealistic (although I think everything here is realistic IMO). The big caveat here is PG signing and the Deng/Chandler trade.

My backup plan if PG doesn't come, is to bring back KCP on a bloated 1YR deal again or a long term deal at or around $15M per year (still leaving room for a max and more in 2019). As you can also see with these moves I've suggested, Lakers will be able to keep Randle, sign PG and keep room available for a max in 2019.

As for the Deng trade, Phx gets to pick up a extra 1st rd pick and by having to take on $23M ($5M in 2018 and 18M in 2019) instead of the full $38M on Deng's deal. If Phx still balks at that Lakers can take on a Troy Daniels (1yr/$3.2M) or Marquiss Chriss (1yr 3.2M w/TO in 19) using the extra $4M 2018 cap space all the while maintaining g 2019 cap space. If, IT comes back on a 1yr $10M deal instead of $13M Lakers could take on both Daniels and Chriss so Phx then only eats $17M. Or Lakers can just let IT walk and take on more 2018 salary on a Deng trade. Essentially, do whatever it takes to trade Deng as long as you don't have to touch any young piece, 2019 cap space, and as little as 2018 cap space as possible.

Ok that's all, call me crazy and unrealistic etc etc, but that's what's in my head as of today, I'm sure it will change multiple of times as the playoffs go on.

This may be the worst idea I've ever seen bud. I'm sorry but this team you just created is the 9th seed at best. The Lakers are not giving Randle a long term contract. I don't know why anyone would think we would give one out (especially to someone who we were trying to trade ON TRADE DEADLINE DAY) after we've been getting rid of each one. Hell, moving Deng is still a hill to climb. Your suggestion of the Suns taking on Deng for an additional pick is silly. Come on..
BBBKobe
Junior
And1: 148

Post#474 » by BBBKobe » Fri Apr 20, 2018 6:30 pm

This is what we do folks.

Deng + 19 1st + 5 million cash + Chicago '19 Second to the Hawks for cash considerations. Do this on July 1st.

Renounce IT, KCP, Lopez, Ennis, Frye, Casurso, GPIII, and Zubac in June.

Sign PG to a discounted deal, around 27 million.
Sign Lebron to a 1+1 max
Resign Randle on the QO
Resign Lopez to vet min
Resign KCP to MLE
Sign ring chasers on vet min

Draft Brunson at #25, not sure about our second rounder.

Zo / Brunson
PG / Hart / KCP
Ingram / Kuzma
Lebron / Ring Chaser
Randle / Lopez / Bryant
dontforget
Senior
And1: 440

Post#475 » by dontforget » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:13 pm

BBBKobe wrote:This is what we do folks.

Deng + 19 1st + 5 million cash + Chicago '19 Second to the Hawks for cash considerations. Do this on July 1st.

Renounce IT, KCP, Lopez, Ennis, Frye, Casurso, GPIII, and Zubac in June.

Sign PG to a discounted deal, around 27 million.
Sign Lebron to a 1+1 max
Resign Randle on the QO
Resign Lopez to vet min
Resign KCP to MLE
Sign ring chasers on vet min

Draft Brunson at #25, not sure about our second rounder.

Zo / Brunson
PG / Hart / KCP
Ingram / Kuzma
Lebron / Ring Chaser
Randle / Lopez / Bryant

LOL!!! "Bud", this is hilarious. If you're going to laugh at my idea, then you need to do better.

1) PG isn't taking a penny less than the max anywhere. If you want him on the Lakers, he's getting the max. The days of max level guys taking less money are long gone.
2) Resigning Randle to a QO is not an option. They'll extend one, and then he'll become a RFA where then teams can sign him to an offer sheet. I can guarantee you Randle will get a decent offer sheet from some team (most likely Dallas). I mean Otto Porter got signed a 4YR/$100M offer sheet when he avg 13 and 6. Randle is avg 16 and 8 with a PER close to 20. So wherever Randle goes, it wont be for a QO.
3) KCP for MLE?? Not a chance. He was a very good 3pt shooter and played good defense. He wont be getting $18/yr but he's locked for a multi-year deal paying him at least $10M-14M/YR.
4) Lopez for vet min is also laughable. He'll get decent money as well.

Your valuations are just way off and not reasonable at all.
dontforget
Senior
And1: 440

Post#476 » by dontforget » Fri Apr 20, 2018 8:19 pm

zuju wrote:I am just wondering why people here are always discrediting our own players and overestimating /overly hype on players in the other teams.
During last season, people here are requesting for a big man who can stretch the floor. We have it this season in Brook, who is effective inside and outside the paint. Now, without much problem in rebounds, people here asks for a defensive center who rebounds aka DJ and Noel. Brook's offensive presence and decent defense seems to be overlooked.
Also, some people want the lakers to sign favors over Randle. Both of them are commanding a similar size of contract imo. But, Rankle was so much effective and important for us. His versatility cannot be replaced easily, and people can only see his so called "shortcoming" of lack of 3 point shots. I just don't know how Favors is anything better than Randle at this stage.

I am definitely not saying that we must resign Randle & brook if we have a better plan/replacement. I just don't see it at this point. Brook was a nightmare prior to All star break. But he turns out good in the second half and built chemistry with Randle and became a great pair. Brook is primarily stretching the floor with Randle on the court. When Randle is resting, Brook can play inside with Kuzma more perimeter oriented. If Randle adds a 3-pt shot, this pair can be nightmare for every other team.

I agree with most of what you have said. I think the jump next year from guys like Ingram, Lonzo, Kuzma and Hart are going to be great. However, if you can land a guy like PG or for just cap room then you do it. I also think they need to bring back Randle as well. Where I differ from you is Lopez. He's a nice piece and good locker room presence but I don't think he's a good fit for the future Lakers. Especially if the Lakers end up getting PG and keep Randle. I just don't see a lot of minutes for Lopez. I'm sure he's not ready to be a bench player at this point in his career and would want to find a situation where he can get more minutes.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,969

Post#477 » by Landsberger » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:25 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
jay51024 wrote:
Read on Twitter

Ok....here's one for ya: Let's say Kawhi tells them he's bolting. SA takes stock, and realizes it's time for a full rebuild. They have a problem though: they have 3 more years of aldridge, who's now 32....but still a damn good player. So they want to move him. Would you make this deal?

Kawhi + Aldridge
for
Randle (S&T), Ingram, Clev pick.....and they take Deng.

We would be able to make that work and still sign either PG or Lebron. If we got PG our squad would look like this:
Ball, PG, Kawhi, Kuz, Aldridge. There's actually about $15-mil left there, I think. Quick math: 35forPG-42forAld/Kawhi7forball and about 6-8mil for rest of guys. That's about 90mil. So we could sign a vet looking for a ring, and prob grab lopez again on mid-level.

Landsberger....you make that trade? I think it's a fairly rounded out team.

Interesting.... Who's the defecto leader? Ball? Not sure he's that guy... at least not yet. Kawhi? not sure either. I know it isn't Aldridge. He's a great number 2 however. Kuzma isn't ready for that either. PG hasn't been that guy in the past.

I've never been a huge LeBron fan however I have respected his abilities and accomplishments. He grew from a guy who couldn't lead to one who can. Any of those guys could take a step and be that guy or none could. Bron would be that guy day one..... for a couple years only however.

That's my thoughts.... it would appear to be a balanced team in comparison to keeping Ingram and Randle while adding Bron and PG. I think we'll see the FO look to both balance the team and dramatically get better. Fans here love "our guys" and want to see us grow to a GS style team organically. I've always thought Magic wasn't brought in to just sit back and do that. To me the most redundant piece we have is Ingram in terms of his abilities. If he's valuable to net us Leonard I'd do it in a heartbeat. Randle is the tough one. I'm not sure his impact will be anywhere near the same on a team with guys like Bron and Leonard and/or PG. He's going to get paid like he would however.
scoobs07
Starter
And1: 82

Post#478 » by scoobs07 » Fri Apr 20, 2018 9:51 pm

dontforget wrote:
zuju wrote:I am just wondering why people here are always discrediting our own players and overestimating /overly hype on players in the other teams.

I agree with most of what you have said. I think the jump next year from guys like Ingram, Lonzo, Kuzma and Hart are going to be great. However, if you can land a guy like PG or for just cap room then you do it. I also think they need to bring back Randle as well. Where I differ from you is Lopez. He's a nice piece and good locker room presence but I don't think he's a good fit for the future Lakers. Especially if the Lakers end up getting PG and keep Randle. I just don't see a lot of minutes for Lopez. I'm sure he's not ready to be a bench player at this point in his career and would want to find a situation where he can get more minutes.
If we could get Lopez with the room exception, that would be ideal. He could stretch the floor and he is one of the best shot blocking centers available.
scoobs07
Starter
And1: 82

Post#479 » by scoobs07 » Sat Apr 21, 2018 2:29 am

Spens1 wrote:I reckon we should be cheeky, San Antonio does not have leverage in this scenario at all.

My take is we S&T Randle (on a decent, but not outlandish deal) along with Hart, Zubac and 2 future firsts, even throw in the picks this year if we have to.

Obviously we should explore all deals without Ingram involved first, same with Kuz and to a lesser extent, ball also (though out of the three, i'd deal him first).

Though if push comes to shove, Ingram + Deng for Leonard given the situation they're in should do it i think. (we'd probably have to add 25 but it should be close enough value wise).
I like that Randle sign and trade idea. I wonder what Spurs would pay him though? They are cheap. If were are able to get Leonard for just Randle, Hart and picks, we would be in great shape. How much money do we have left after that?
AGAVE
Junior
And1: 65

Post#480 » by AGAVE » Sat Apr 21, 2018 3:30 am

I'd kinda like to see us present a base core of young players that says this is us.
I want a set of players that says THIS IS our younger identity; going forward.
I feel any top player wants to know who he is going to play with.
I am happy with the current squad if we can add at least 1 player; my desire is PG13.
But, if we can attract LBJ, would he entice PG13 to sign here by taking just less so that George is the highest paid player.
I think if this can be had then we can then negotiate more aggressively with who we have remaining.

Deng
What a problem to have.
I can only think to find a team who is willing to pay for his brand of services.
Where would he prefer to be play?
Maybe if we can find his desired destination that then could we move forward.
Respect Elgin Baylor

Return to Los Angeles Lakers