ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers Trade IDEAS

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

LAL1947
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,620

Re: Lakers needs in FA/trades 

Post#121 » by LAL1947 » Wed May 18, 2022 5:48 am

We have such limited options to improve. Some cheap moves that can help...

A) Jericho Sims, Klutch client... use the Klutch connection to sign him away from NY. His salary isn't high. He's a tremendous athlete, defender, and will hopefully work great in the PnR with Lebron. Great for a back up center IMO .

B) Hope the scouts are scouring the 2nd round picks for some steals. They may come in handy like Reaves did this season or be helpful in the future. These 2 wings seem interesting in the 40s, going only off highlight clips though. Tankathon has Procida at #45 and Minott at #41.

1) Gabriele Procida (Italy), 6'7" SF.

;t

2) Josh Minott (MEM), 6'8" PF

;t
IceManBK1
Analyst
And1: 330

Post#122 » by IceManBK1 » Fri May 20, 2022 10:53 pm

with the rumors of KA becoming Lakers headcoach..maybe Lakers should make a run at Dlo lol..Dlo played his best under KA, and Dlo fits his 3 pt shooting system. It would be a nice hollywood story, to go from being immature in his 1st run here and turning into a leader in his 2nd time around. Perhaps he and AD can accomplish sth together. Maybe trade Lebron to Nets for Simmons. Dlo/Simmons/AD would be awesome trio. Then u add a rim running big like Nerlens Noel or Mo bamba..and you can contend for champ.
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#123 » by loveshaq786 » Sat May 21, 2022 5:54 am

IceManBK1 wrote:with the rumors of KA becoming Lakers headcoach..maybe Lakers should make a run at Dlo lol..Dlo played his best under KA, and Dlo fits his 3 pt shooting system. It would be a nice hollywood story, to go from being immature in his 1st run here and turning into a leader in his 2nd time around. Perhaps he and AD can accomplish sth together. Maybe trade Lebron to Nets for Simmons. Dlo/Simmons/AD would be awesome trio. Then u add a rim running big like Nerlens Noel or Mo bamba..and you can contend for champ.

What the??!!?!!

Please run into the nearest wall, face first lol. Possibly the worst suggestions from one person, in one message, EVER
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#124 » by loveshaq786 » Sat May 21, 2022 8:49 am

I only want to Dlo if someone else wants him

KAT, DLO, V, Beasley and a pick... For Westbrook and AD (flip pick and DLO for lavine)

I've been really thinking.... Could we possibly pull KD for AD???.... they might lose Kyrie for nothing. If we added Westbrook and two of our valuable picks...

Is it too farfetched to think we could trade AD, WESTBROOK, THT, 2FRP.... for Kyrie, KD, seth?

That's 2 chips minimum!
zuju
Senior
And1: 120

Post#125 » by zuju » Sat May 21, 2022 2:45 pm

Any player we can use to trade for Mo Bamba ?

A trade of WB for Mo Bamba, Ross and /or Fultz would be great
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#126 » by GTR11 » Sat May 21, 2022 8:51 pm

@Zimpy

Since Marks and Pelinka met it's very worrying news to me. Marks didn't get extension and Pelinka's sit is hot after Buss comments. I hate to admit it but it seems like Marks is LA bound.

What you guys think of this trade KD/Kyrie for AD/Russ and 2025 unprotected pick.

Why it's attractive to BK is:
1. Tsai reportedly not interested investing cash in losing product.
2. Kyrie and KD experiment is a disaster.

This trade will allow us to make fans happy with younger all stars to fill sits and make Tsai hire GM he likes. All is hypothetical and me connecting dots. You guys can discuss what/how it works for Lakers.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#127 » by Slava » Sat May 21, 2022 9:58 pm

You guys have strong imaginations, the meeting is likely a reference request on Kenny Atkinson for the coaching gig.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
LAL1947
Assistant Coach

Post#128 » by LAL1947 » Sun May 22, 2022 5:57 am

GTR11 wrote:@Zimpy

Since Marks and Pelinka met it's very worrying news to me. Marks didn't get extension and Pelinka's sit is hot after Buss comments. I hate to admit it but it seems like Marks is LA bound.

What you guys think of this trade KD/Kyrie for AD/Russ and 2025 unprotected pick.

This trade will allow us to make fans happy with younger all stars to fill sits and make Tsai hire GM he likes. All is hypothetical and me connecting dots. You guys can discuss what/how it works for Lakers.

I agree with Slava, this is probably a nothing burger. :P

"There's a high probability that Pelinka was simply seeking more information on Kenny Atkinson from Marks, or, just a Chicago steakhouse recommendation."

Source
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#129 » by Ball so hard » Sun May 22, 2022 10:42 am

zuju wrote:Any player we can use to trade for Mo Bamba ?

A trade of WB for Mo Bamba, Ross and /or Fultz would be great

Would absolutely love Mo Bamba on our team. I doubt we’d entertain a sign and trade to obtain him though.
GTR11
RealGM
And1: 2,847

Post#130 » by GTR11 » Sun May 22, 2022 7:20 pm

LAL1947 wrote:

"There's a high probability that Pelinka was simply seeking more information on Kenny Atkinson from Marks, or, just a Chicago steakhouse recommendation."

Source

We can agree to disagree here. I think where's a smoke there's a fire. This piece trying it's hardest to downplay all stuff that had happened.

As for my imagination, couple years of Kyrie will do that to you :lol:
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,282

Post#131 » by tamaraw08 » Mon May 23, 2022 5:01 am

GTR11 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

Source

We can agree to disagree here. I think where's a smoke there's a fire. This piece trying it's hardest to downplay all stuff that had happened.

10 months of having Westbrook can make us fans see a good therapist to deal with this depression.
tamaraw08
Analyst
And1: 1,282

Post#132 » by tamaraw08 » Mon May 23, 2022 5:01 am

GTR11 wrote:
LAL1947 wrote:

Source

10 months of having Westbrook can make us fans see a good therapist to deal with this depression.
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 122

Post#133 » by NBAWestFan » Mon May 23, 2022 6:20 pm

Lakers aren't going to make enough adjustments to win a title unless some teams are hurt next year.

Start the Re-build with the idea that 3 greater than 2

I would get rid of contracts that are bad and try to sign Jordan Poole when his contract is up.
Roll Tide 09
Bench Warmer
And1: 439

Post#134 » by Roll Tide 09 » Mon May 23, 2022 7:55 pm

Davis needs to be moved immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
IG: @theonlylogicalthinker
IG: @arisethecompany

Twitter: @arisethecompany

zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,966

Post#135 » by zimpy27 » Mon May 23, 2022 9:59 pm

Yeah I could see Lakers making Pelinka the Exec and Marks the GM.

I think the meeting is most likely about Kenny Atkinson and potential trades.

KD/Kyrie on the Lakers would be a dream fit for LeBron. The offense would be otherworldy.

On the flipside. Simmons+Davis would be the makings of an elite defense and a bit younger.

I see it works for both but a trade like that seems like a fantasy, can't imagine it happening
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 36,966

Post#136 » by zimpy27 » Mon May 23, 2022 10:08 pm

Best realistic offseason for Lakers is this:

Westbrook+FRPs to DET
LaVine to Lakers
Grant to Bulls

Schroeder returns on BAE

Schroeder, LaVine, Reaves, LeBron, Davis -- Nunn, THT, SJ, Gabriel, Howard

Then you have enough under hardcap to bring in 5 minimum players
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
LAL1947
Assistant Coach

Post#137 » by LAL1947 » Tue May 24, 2022 5:59 am

zimpy27 wrote:Best realistic offseason for Lakers is this:

Westbrook+FRPs to DET
LaVine to Lakers
Grant to Bulls

Schroeder returns on BAE

Schroeder, LaVine, Reaves, LeBron, Davis -- Nunn, THT, SJ, Gabriel, Howard

Then you have enough under hardcap to bring in 5 minimum players

I like that.

I'd really like to use the Klutch connection and get Jericho Sims from NY too. He is limited on offense and has to improve a number of things on that end (like his post game and free throws)... but the tools he has and things he can do are pretty elite for a role player (athleticism, P&R, perimeter defense, rim protection, rebounding). This is a much better option than relying on past-it old Centers, like Dwight, DeAndre or Drummond. He can play alongside AD (like Dwight and McGee)... or even if AD is injured, we can still put out a decent 5.
Liam_Gallagher
Assistant Coach
And1: 5,957

Post#138 » by Liam_Gallagher » Tue May 24, 2022 1:24 pm

- Bring Westbrook off the bench and stagger his minutes with LeBron

- Trade THT+Nunn+future 2nd to the T'Wolves for Malik Beasley and Naz Reid

- Sign F Chris Boucher with the MLE
- Sign G Gary Harris with the Vet Min.
- Sign F Jeff Green with the Vet. Min.
- Sign C Hassan Whiteside with the Vet. Min.
- Sign G/F Joe Ingles with the Vet. Min.
- Move LeBron to PG like it's 2020

G - LeBron [34]/Westbrook [30]
G - Harris [20]/Beasley [28]
F - Reaves [32]/Ingles
F - Davis [35]/Boucher [23]/Green/Johnson/Gabriel
C - Reid [22]/Whiteside [16]

9 man rotation: LeBron, Harris, Reaves, Davis, Reid, Westbrook, Beasley, Boucher, Whiteside.
Lakers24gm
Junior
And1: 118

Post#139 » by Lakers24gm » Tue May 24, 2022 3:40 pm

I honestly dont see a path to the Lakers keeping westbrook. With the 3 big contracts on the roster it makes it nearly impossible to upgrade the roster. We will be stuck with min contracts like we were last year. Looking at the FA class the PG and SF list is really bad. Which is why i lean going all in on the Charlotte trade and trying to get Hayward and Rozier. I personally think where Lakers are they have no choice but to go in. I dont think you can waste another year of Lebron and AD. Here is my all out scenerio.

Russ Westbrook - $47,063478 Lakers also throw in 27 first top 4 protected.
For
Hayward and Rozier - $51,561,316 - Hornets save nearly 75 million in future salary leaving room to sign Bridges.

THT and Nunn - $15,510,000
For
Kenrich WIlliams, Mike Muscala and Derrick Favors - 15,683,800

With these trades and adding in Reaves, Gabriel, and Johnson Lakers stand at $153,803,735. This is important because to use the taxpayer MLE you are hard-capped at 155.7 million. Can the Lakers move Favors contract to drop to a total of 143 million allowing them to use the TPMLE? If not they keep his expiring to possibly move at the deadline. Fill out the roster with players like...

PG- Terry Rozier - Aaron Holiday - Mac McClung
SG- Austin Reaves - Kent Bazemore - Mychal Mulder
SF- Gordan Hayward - Kenrich Williams - Stanley Johnson
PF- Lebron James - Weynen Gabriel - Open for draft pick?
C- Anthony Davis - Derrick Favors - Mike Muscala
Ball so hard
Sixth Man
And1: 677

Post#140 » by Ball so hard » Tue May 24, 2022 7:56 pm

Lakers24gm wrote:I honestly dont see a path to the Lakers keeping westbrook. With the 3 big contracts on the roster it makes it nearly impossible to upgrade the roster. We will be stuck with min contracts like we were last year. Looking at the FA class the PG and SF list is really bad. Which is why i lean going all in on the Charlotte trade and trying to get Hayward and Rozier. I personally think where Lakers are they have no choice but to go in. I dont think you can waste another year of Lebron and AD. Here is my all out scenerio.

Russ Westbrook - $47,063478 Lakers also throw in 27 first top 4 protected.
For
Hayward and Rozier - $51,561,316 - Hornets save nearly 75 million in future salary leaving room to sign Bridges.

THT and Nunn - $15,510,000
For
Kenrich WIlliams, Mike Muscala and Derrick Favors - 15,683,800

With these trades and adding in Reaves, Gabriel, and Johnson Lakers stand at $153,803,735. This is important because to use the taxpayer MLE you are hard-capped at 155.7 million. Can the Lakers move Favors contract to drop to a total of 143 million allowing them to use the TPMLE? If not they keep his expiring to possibly move at the deadline. Fill out the roster with players like...

PG- Terry Rozier - Aaron Holiday - Mac McClung
SG- Austin Reaves - Kent Bazemore - Mychal Mulder
SF- Gordan Hayward - Kenrich Williams - Stanley Johnson
PF- Lebron James - Weynen Gabriel - Open for draft pick?
C- Anthony Davis - Derrick Favors - Mike Muscala

I'm guessing Rob and co are deluding themselves into thinking extra time team to mesh plus a 'better' coach are enough to take this team over the hump. I think they're dead wrong. Like you've laid out the salary cap constraints, it's nearly impossible to keep the big 3 and upgrade the roster. After next season I think we'll regret not blowing this team up.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers