Randy Whitman

Am I leaving anyone out?
Devin Booker wrote:Bro.
Princeinrevolt
Rookie
And1: 529

Re: THE Official: Byron Scott Watch 

Post#1062 » by Princeinrevolt » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:30 am

Honestly Jim Buss is not even that bad... He isn't the best, and he is trying to make good decisions... it's much better than keeping Byron Scott for another year, hire Phil Jackson... install an old school offense, and put in kurt rambis or some other crappy coach, and suck forever... Jim Bus at least has Mitch Kupchak to accompony him to get back a respectable team...

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Sofa King
RealGM
And1: 3,034

Post#1063 » by Sofa King » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:15 am

Princeinrevolt wrote:Honestly Jim Buss is not even that bad... He isn't the best, and he is trying to make good decisions... it's much better than keeping Byron Scott for another year, hire Phil Jackson... install an old school offense, and put in kurt rambis or some other crappy coach, and suck forever... Jim Bus at least has Mitch Kupchak to accompony him to get back a respectable team...

Phil isn't coming back until Jim Buss is gone. You cannot have one with the other.
Lakernut4ever
Junior
And1: 92

Post#1064 » by Lakernut4ever » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:10 am

Every Laker season ticket holder should boycott the season ticket offer until byron is removed. This should send a signal to front office that byron should be removed ASAP.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,472

Post#1065 » by Slava » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:12 am

I wish we could have a coach that can give an articulate, frank and educated response like this instead of questioning his players' manhood or making subtle references to a foxhole.

https://streamable.com/a5s3

I freaking love Steve Clifford.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Up-And-Coming
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,706

Post#1066 » by Up-And-Coming » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:52 am

I was kind of hoping we would sign Thibodeau. I wonder who the Lakers will sign??? Please don't tell me we are keeping Byron (it is being reported that Jeanie is leaning towards keeping him). Honestly, I'm not sure if Jim is worse than Jeanie in decision making.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#1067 » by Spens1 » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:54 am

Jeanie wants that sabotage apparently so thats why she's keeping Byron (which would bring in Phil which if he is actually serious about Rambis of all people, do not want him)
Princeinrevolt
Rookie
And1: 529

Post#1068 » by Princeinrevolt » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:39 am

Sofa King wrote:
Princeinrevolt wrote:Honestly Jim Buss is not even that bad... He isn't the best, and he is trying to make good decisions... it's much better than keeping Byron Scott for another year, hire Phil Jackson... install an old school offense, and put in kurt rambis or some other crappy coach, and suck forever... Jim Bus at least has Mitch Kupchak to accompony him to get back a respectable team...

Phil isn't coming back until Jim Buss is gone. You cannot have one with the other.

yeah that's what I mean... Once Phil Jackson comes to LA... then Jeanie Buss will fire her brother... and when Phil's contract ends with NY, thats the end of jim buss's timetable to be in the playoffs

Jon Snow
Junior
And1: 99

Post#1069 » by Jon Snow » Thu Apr 21, 2016 12:43 pm

I don't want Phil to run this team. Jim and Mitch should outsmart Jeanie.

LA should make a decision soon if they're gonna retain Byron Scott. (which I prefer they let him go) They're gonna strike out on some coaches with experiences. If they're gonna strike out with the coaches, what more of the upcoming free agents?
"The more you give a king, the more he wants. We are walking on a bridge of ice with an abyss on either side. Pleasing one king is difficult enough, pleasing two is hardly possible." - Jon Snow, A Feast for Crows
PKABOOICU
Assistant Coach
And1: 4,128

Post#1070 » by PKABOOICU » Thu Apr 21, 2016 3:10 pm

JVG to LA
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,824

Post#1071 » by TylersLakers » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:23 pm

GOTEMCOACH wrote:JVG to LA

This is unpopular among many Lakers fans but I'm not sure why. I think he'd provide great leadership to this franchise going forward.

My List:

- Kevin Ollie
- Shaka Smart
- Luke Walton
- Jeff Van Gundy

Those would be my Top 4.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,824

Post#1072 » by TylersLakers » Thu Apr 21, 2016 4:24 pm

Jon Snow wrote:I don't want Phil to run this team. Jim and Mitch should outsmart Jeanie.

LA should make a decision soon if they're gonna retain Byron Scott. (which I prefer they let him go) They're gonna strike out on some coaches with experiences. If they're gonna strike out with the coaches, what more of the upcoming free agents?

Yeah, I absolutely don't want Phil Jackson either. I think we'd be worse off. He also was supposed to be a "draw" in free agency for players. He didn't land anyone except for third tier players.
moonpie
General Manager
And1: 2,684

Post#1073 » by moonpie » Thu Apr 21, 2016 5:45 pm

Have it on good word that Byron will be "promoted" soon. New coach has already been designated. Coach....

MOONPIE
WVlakerfan
Junior
And1: 97

Post#1074 » by WVlakerfan » Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:02 pm

moonpie wrote:Have it on good word that Byron will be "promoted" soon. New coach has already been designated. Coach....

MOONPIE

I was really excited reading this until i realized you were trolling and a single tear rolled down my cheek. I have been refreshing BR and lakers Twitter about every 10 mins for the past couple days in hope of seeing an announcement.
"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience." Mark Twain
moonpie
General Manager

Post#1075 » by moonpie » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:13 pm

WVlakerfan wrote:
moonpie wrote:Have it on good word that Byron will be "promoted" soon. New coach has already been designated. Coach....

MOONPIE

I was really excited reading this until i realized you were trolling and a single tear rolled down my cheek. I have been refreshing BR and lakers Twitter about every 10 mins for the past couple days in hope of seeing an announcement.

I have open positions on my staff I need to fill - assistants, player development, waterboy. I encourage everyone the RealGM Lakers board to apply! 8-)
Marionettetc
Sixth Man
And1: 969

Post#1076 » by Marionettetc » Thu Apr 21, 2016 7:40 pm

moonpie wrote:
WVlakerfan wrote:

MOONPIE

I have open positions on my staff I need to fill - assistants, player development, waterboy. I encourage everyone the RealGM Lakers board to apply! 8-)

Consider this my formal application for Moonpie Dolly Grip.

What's the pay like?
JohnVancouver
General Manager
And1: 236

Post#1077 » by JohnVancouver » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:53 pm

So - why the love for Luke Walton? What's he done, exactly? I 'd rather see MJackson. At least it would keep him out of the booth
"Deng and Mozgov was some 1980s Clippers sh*t. So, so dumb" - Sedale Threatt

"If you can't get banned for threatening to rape a mod, what can you get banned for?" Jigga_Man/2013

"Everybody love Everybody." - Jackie Moon
Levity
Pro Prospect
And1: 103

Post#1078 » by Levity » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:03 pm

JohnVancouver wrote:So - why the love for Luke Walton? What's he done, exactly? I 'd rather see MJackson. At least it would keep him out of the booth

whether or not you credit any of GSW's early season success to walton or not, the fact remains, he still has a great understanding of the offense AND defense the warriors are running. has always been credited for his high bbIQ. has a grasp and acceptance for the current trend of the NBA game (wouldnt force the team to play a dated version of the game), and this last part is speculation, but he seems be have a very approachable personality and can see him working real closely with the lakers youth

jackson on the other hand, put together an offense that was no different than mike browns. in other words, inexistent. his success with golden state came as the same time as currys health. so are the two mutually exclusive or one in the same? jackson also had notorious issues with most, if not all, of GSW's mgmt, to the point that they decided to get rid of him.
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#1079 » by The Skyhook » Thu Apr 21, 2016 9:46 pm

Well there goes Brooks. Would have been great for all the young talent we have here. At this point I feel like they're going to stick with Scott for one more season or they want to wait for Luke to finish out the playoffs before they interview him.

[tweet]https://twitter.com/WojVerticalNBA/status/723265275248910336[/tweet]
moonpie
General Manager

Post#1080 » by moonpie » Thu Apr 21, 2016 10:47 pm

I should've bargained for more. Mitch only paying me some instant noodles.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers