ImageImageImageImageImage

2018 Trade Ideas thread

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,628

Re: The Offseason Of Redemption. Lakers Rumors, Trades, Signings 2018. 

Post#1141 » by MAMBAEMD » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:22 pm

PKABOOICU wrote:Is the rumor about Lonzo and the 25th pick for Luka Doncic legit?

I hope not.
Formerly lakerRD
Joe Kleazy
Sixth Man
And1: 95

Post#1142 » by Joe Kleazy » Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:46 pm

What is with the KEMBA WALKER posturing by laker fans? Not to mention for INGRAM...... :banghead:
brianmc
Senior
And1: 65

Post#1143 » by brianmc » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:06 pm

if Lebron and PG13 say they're coming to LA, you trade Ingram/Ball/Kuzma to acquire another veteran star.

The goal if Lebron says he's in is to win 3 titles in the next 3 years. Anything after that doesn't matter.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,522

Post#1144 » by Michael Lucky » Tue Jun 12, 2018 7:17 pm

PKABOOICU wrote:Is the rumor about Lonzo and the 25th pick for Luka Doncic legit?

Wouldn't be enough to get Doncic, so no.
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 123

Post#1145 » by NBAWestFan » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:02 pm

brianmc wrote:if Lebron and PG13 say they're coming to LA, you trade Ingram/Ball/Kuzma to acquire another veteran star.

The goal if Lebron says he's in is to win 3 titles in the next 3 years. Anything after that doesn't matter.

I would not trade Kuzma.

I would try to Trade Ingram and the #25 and a future 1st round Luol Deng's contract for a 1 year player.

Maybe a sign and Trade with OKC for PG13 also.

The Key is to get rid of Deng Contract sooner or during the 2018 season but that is going to cost.

Get Lebron and PG to sign less than a Max Deal so that in 2019 they can make a Max Deal Run at Kawahi or Klay

By taking Klay out of GSW you are making the GSW vulnerible unless they get AD.

But even if you don't get Klay away from GSW then going after Kawahi in 2019 will give the Lakers a shot.
The thing is does Lebron have enough patience to wait a year and will Kawahi make it known.

*** Can PG take less than Max

*** Can Lebron take a 1 on 1 year opt in like he has just done. This will give flexiblity for 2019.

Lonzo, Hart
PG13, Free AGent
Kuzma
Lebron,
Randle if he is willing to take a reasonable amount/ FRee Agent

2019 Nice dream

Lonzo, Hart,
PG, Klay
Kawahi or Klay/ Kuzma
Lebron/ Randle/ Kuzma
Randle/ Free AGent
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,838

Post#1146 » by TylersLakers » Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:12 pm

I wouldn’t be opposed to this.
No name
Junior
And1: 117

Post#1147 » by No name » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:35 pm

NBAWestFan wrote:
brianmc wrote:if Lebron and PG13 say they're coming to LA, you trade Ingram/Ball/Kuzma to acquire another veteran star.

I would not trade Kuzma.

I would try to Trade Ingram and the #25 and a future 1st round Luol Deng's contract for a 1 year player.

The Key is to get rid of Deng Contract sooner or during the 2018 season but that is going to cost.

Get Lebron and PG to sign less than a Max Deal so that in 2019 they can make a Max Deal Run at Kawahi or Klay

But even if you don't get Klay away from GSW then going after Kawahi in 2019 will give the Lakers a shot.
The thing is does Lebron have enough patience to wait a year and will Kawahi make it known.

*** Can Lebron take a 1 on 1 year opt in like he has just done. This will give flexiblity for 2019.

Lonzo, Hart
PG13, Free AGent
Kuzma
Lebron,

2019 Nice dream

Lonzo, Hart,
PG, Klay
Kawahi or Klay/ Kuzma
Lebron/ Randle/ Kuzma
Randle/ Free AGent

Why would the Lakers trade Deng in 18 if they are not going after another super star in 18? I don't know why I keep getting sucked into this question but it's never given a reasonable answer.
shootthej33
Ballboy
And1: 0

Lonzo & Deng to Hawks for 3rd Pick Overall, Cavs 1st Round Pick, and Lakers future 1st Round Pick 

Post#1148 » by shootthej33 » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:51 pm

Who says no? The Lakers clear Deng off the books and acquire a replacement (distraction-free) talent for Lonzo. The Hawks receive a talented PG and an easy ticket to generate fan interest. Lonzo's celebrity would increase exponentially as he stars on the court and in the studio. Atlanta's culture is central to hip-hop.
snaquille oatmeal
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 4,779

Re: Lonzo & Deng to Hawks for 3rd Pick Overall, Cavs 1st Round Pick, and Lakers future 1st Round Pick 

Post#1149 » by snaquille oatmeal » Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:53 pm

no
Forum permissions
You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot trade for basketball reasons in this forum
You cannot but I can...five rings!
larry14r
Bench Warmer
And1: 131

Re: Lonzo & Deng to Hawks for 3rd Pick Overall, Cavs 1st Round Pick, and Lakers future 1st Round Pick 

Post#1150 » by larry14r » Wed Jun 13, 2018 12:50 am

shootthej33 wrote:Who says no? The Lakers clear Deng off the books and acquire a replacement (distraction-free) talent for Lonzo. The Hawks receive a talented PG and an easy ticket to generate fan interest. Lonzo's celebrity would increase exponentially as he stars on the court and in the studio. Atlanta's culture is central to hip-hop.

You know who says no: The Lakers.
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Re: 2018 Trade Ideas thread 

Post#1151 » by Vae Victus » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:23 am

Lakers arent gonna trade Ingram, Kuzma, or Lonzo to clear off Deng.

We'd rather trade 3 future FRPs if thats what it takes (hopefully it just takes 2 FRP and a SRP, but we'll see) to purge Deng.

Basically it comes down to a choice of stretch Deng + renounce Randle for both PG13/LBJ or trading at most 3 FRPs to clear Deng in order to hold onto Randle's caphold/RFA rights.

It's basically Randle for up to 3 FRPs. Quite frankly having a 7.6m cap hit for the next 5 years isnt cool, as well as renouncing Randle further reducing the overall talent level right now.

Knowing Lebron, he wants as much talent on the team NOW and doesnt give a crap out of our future. I'd personally value keeping Randle over the cost of those future picks. LBJ + PG13 + Randle with our young core can compete with anyone. Just need some good ring chasers and we're set.

If PG13/LBJ both give a promise to sign, and LBJ wants us to keep Randle its a no brainer to just trade 3 future FRPs. And plenty of teams will happily eat Deng for 3 FRPs, if we put it out there. 2 of those picks will be late, the 3rd depends on how we build the team in the post LBJ era. As long as we dont leave em unprotected, we ought to be fine. Just so we can get some title shots in while LBJ can still bring it.
larry14r
Bench Warmer
And1: 131

Post#1152 » by larry14r » Wed Jun 13, 2018 1:28 am

Vae Victus wrote:Lakers arent gonna trade Ingram, Kuzma, or Lonzo to clear off Deng.

We'd rather trade 3 future FRPs if thats what it takes (hopefully it just takes 2 FRP and a SRP, but we'll see) to purge Deng.

Basically it comes down to a choice of stretch Deng + renounce Randle for both PG13/LBJ or trading at most 3 FRPs to clear Deng in order to hold onto Randle's caphold/RFA rights.

It's basically Randle for up to 3 FRPs. Quite frankly having a 7.6m cap hit for the next 5 years isnt cool, as well as renouncing Randle further reducing the overall talent level right now.

Knowing Lebron, he wants as much talent on the team NOW and doesnt give a crap out of our future. I'd personally value keeping Randle over the cost of those future picks. LBJ + PG13 + Randle with our young core can compete with anyone. Just need some good ring chasers and we're set.

If PG13/LBJ both give a promise to sign, and LBJ wants us to keep Randle its a no brainer to just trade 3 future FRPs. And plenty of teams will happily eat Deng for 3 FRPs, if we put it out there. 2 of those picks will be late, the 3rd depends on how we build the team in the post LBJ era. As long as we dont leave em unprotected, we ought to be fine. Just so we can get some title shots in while LBJ can still bring it.

Finally someone with brains.
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#1153 » by Vae Victus » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:00 am

larry14r wrote:
Vae Victus wrote:Lakers arent gonna trade Ingram, Kuzma, or Lonzo to clear off Deng.

Finally someone with brains.

Pfft, please :rock:

I've been harping about this exact scenario ever since we pulled off the JC/LNJ for expirings trade :rockon:

Man i was FLOORED at how we literally got ourselves into the LBJ/PG13 chase by dumping JC's putrid deal AND getting an asset back to help us purge Deng or to get more cheap bench depth.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,461

Post#1154 » by Dr Aki » Wed Jun 13, 2018 2:03 am

At the moment, I'd be fine with Deng, 2 FRP to Atlanta or Deng, 1 FRP, 1 SRP to Chicago for Asik (stretch).
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 123

Post#1155 » by NBAWestFan » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:17 pm

No name wrote:
NBAWestFan wrote:

I would not trade Kuzma.

Lonzo, Hart
PG13, Free AGent
Kuzma
Lebron,

2019 Nice dream

Lonzo, Hart,
PG, Klay
Kawahi or Klay/ Kuzma
Lebron/ Randle/ Kuzma
Randle/ Free AGent

Why would the Lakers trade Deng in 18 if they are not going after another super star in 18? I don't know why I keep getting sucked into this question but it's never given a reasonable answer.

They could still go after a 3rd star but they also need a good bench.

You want to get rid of Deng Contract 18 million in 2018 and 18 million in 2019 to 2020.

that is alot of wasted money. So the sooner you can get ride of it the better your chances to make a run and get another star or build a good bench.

If GSW had to waste 18 million on their bench they might not have Iggy, Livinginston, Looney, Mgee,

18 million is just too much to waste
No name
Junior
And1: 117

Post#1156 » by No name » Wed Jun 13, 2018 6:32 pm

If your stated goal is to get a third star in 2019 then it just doesn't make sense to trade Deng in 2018. Saving 18 million (not our dollars) at the expense of an asset is silly. Deng will almost hold value in 2019 as an expiring contract.
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,879

Post#1157 » by Spens1 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:51 am

Temp Offseason idea:

ATL-LAL:

Luol Deng + 2019 + 2021 Firsts for Protected 2nd (need to ditch him somehow)

LAL-SAS:

Brandon Ingram + Josh Hart for Kawhi Leonard (this one pains me but still, if we must, we must).

LAL-MIL:
17 (Zhaire Smith) for Zubac + 25 (Kevin Huerter)

If we're in love with Smith, i could certainly see us doing this and keeping Thomas Bryant instead.

LAL-ATL:
#3 (Doncic) for Ball

Yes I would totally do this if we're getting our max guys, we wouldn't need a traditionaly P.G. perse with Lebron, Atlanta would and its still arguable that Ball may have more potential. I don't think Atlanta or Sacramento are in love with Doncic from the sounds of it so maybe we give them another option.

Buy:
#32 from Memphis (they're looking to win now, i don't think they have time for 2nds) - 4 mill
#38+39 from Philly (they have a lot of 2nds) - 5 mill

#32 - Whoever falls out of Hutchinson, Bates-Diop, Musa or Melvin Frazier (one of them will)
#38 - Landry Shamet
#39 - Moritz Wagner
#47 - Gary Clark

Then sign Lebron and George (George may have to take a bit of a paycut)

Then one of two things:

Either
a) match Randle (hopefully for under 15 mill per, or offer him a similar deal to Clarkson)
or
b) S&T (i'd look at someone like Myles Turner, Indiana, or at least McMillan doesn't seem that happy with him after his 2nd season, also Randle seems more their style anyway). Issue here obviously is the whole Mintz-Indiana dynamic.

Then after this, maybe look to Sign Nerlens Noel to a MLE deal (if we can).

Starting Lineup:

Doncic-George-Leonard-Lebron-Turner/Randle
Bench: T.Bryant, Kuzma, Wagner, Shamet, Clark, Smith, Hutchinson/Bates-Diop/Musa/Frazier.

I'll admit, not in love with Doncic at P.G. but he has some handles and as a secondary ball handler he is what we would need (rather than Ball who i fear may need the ball in his hands as a primary distributor). as for spending a ton of money on picks, look at Golden State, that's how they've kept a bench. Then fill it out with guys like Ed Davis, Bellinelli etc.
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1158 » by Spens1 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:53 am

Slava wrote:Demar DeChoked trade proposals should be a board bannable offense.

to be fair, if the raptors came to us and said, Derozan for Deng, i don't see anyone really saying no to that
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,264

Post#1159 » by dockingsched » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:39 am

Spens1 wrote:

to be fair, if the raptors came to us and said, Derozan for Deng, i don't see anyone really saying no to that

Lakers turn that down. You can stretch Deng to open up cap. Derozan has too much money owed so you can’t stretch, you’d be stuck with his deal preventing you from adding truly impactful players. His deal would effectively end any ability to jump into contender status.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Spens1
RealGM

Post#1160 » by Spens1 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 3:54 am

dockingsched wrote:
Spens1 wrote:

Lakers turn that down. You can stretch Deng to open up cap. Derozan has too much money owed so you can’t stretch, you’d be stuck with his deal preventing you from adding truly impactful players. His deal would effectively end any ability to jump into contender status.

Yeah but its Demar Derozan and we'd be giving up a negative asset, no way we decline that.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers