Around the NBA 3.0

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

MistyMountain20
General Manager
And1: 7,166

Re: Around the NBA 3.0 

Post#1441 » by MistyMountain20 » Thu May 16, 2013 6:05 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
MistyMountain20 wrote:So you're saying OKC is better without Westbrook. Good luck with that.
No I'm not, but I'm saying that it wasn't going to guarantee them a series win just because he might have played. He has struggled against the Griz a lot.

OKC is a flawed team, they won't win anything of note until they get a decent post presence. That's real talk.

Real talk ey?

Memphis does the job, and if anybody out there thinks it could've been different with Russell think again. All he would have done is made it even more easier for the Griz to beat them.

Well the Heat won a championship with a real post presence, so that sorta negates your point. Aside from that the Thunder have beaten the Grizzlies, the Spurs and the Lakers in the past, all teams with post players.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#1442 » by DEEP3CL » Thu May 16, 2013 6:09 am

MistyMountain20 wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:
MistyMountain20 wrote:So you're saying OKC is better without Westbrook. Good luck with that.
No I'm not, but I'm saying that it wasn't going to guarantee them a series win just because he might have played. He has struggled against the Griz a lot.

OKC is a flawed team, they won't win anything of note until they get a decent post presence. That's real talk.

Real talk ey?

Memphis does the job, and if anybody out there thinks it could've been different with Russell think again. All he would have done is made it even more easier for the Griz to beat them.

Well the Heat won a championship with a real post presence, so that sorta negates your point. Aside from that the Thunder have beaten the Grizzlies, the Spurs and the Lakers in the past, all teams with post players.
No you clearly don't get the gist of it. How the Heat won it's title and what the Thunder need to do to get out the west is totally two different stories.

You're gonna see the next round how the Heat will struggle with the Pacers.....who are much better than last year.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
Imadogg
Banned User
And1: 251

Post#1443 » by Imadogg » Thu May 16, 2013 6:12 am

If you think having Russ would have made it easier to beat the Thunder.. lol. Even if he would have struggled, he would have freed things up for KD, which would have made a world of a difference. 5/21 holy ****.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#1444 » by DEEP3CL » Thu May 16, 2013 6:19 am

Imadogg wrote:If you think having Russ would have made it easier to beat the Thunder.. lol. Even if he would have struggled, he would have freed things up for KD, which would have made a world of a difference. 5/21 holy ****.
I think you guys are stretching what I said a bit too far. Russ is a great player, but he too is flawed to his own doing. Too many times he gets wrapped up in his world and excludes KD for stretches. And that's where Memphis would have capitalized.

The reason why OKC lost this series is simple, yeah Russ was out, secondly KD was exposed for the one dimensional score that he is. He doesn't operate in the post and has no variety to his game other than runouts dunks and jumpers.

This cause him to have to create for others and he's not a creator period.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
MistyMountain20
General Manager
And1: 7,166

Post#1445 » by MistyMountain20 » Thu May 16, 2013 6:22 am

DEEP3CL wrote:No you clearly don't get the gist of it. How the Heat won it's title and what the Thunder need to do to get out the west is totally two different stories.

You're gonna see the next round how the Heat will struggle with the Pacers.....who are much better than last year.

Okay so you want to say the Heat don't have to face teams who have an inside presence. That doesn't change the fact that the Thunder have beaten team with an inside presence. Which is to say that a team that has an interior presence isn't intrinsically a issue for the Thunder.

Of course, this still doesn't address that you believe Memphis would have an easier time against the Thunder with Westbrook, never mind they already did beat them with Westbrook.
Imadogg
Banned User
And1: 251

Post#1446 » by Imadogg » Thu May 16, 2013 7:12 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
Imadogg wrote:If you think having Russ would have made it easier to beat the Thunder.. lol. Even if he would have struggled, he would have freed things up for KD, which would have made a world of a difference. 5/21 holy ****.
I think you guys are stretching what I said a bit too far. Russ is a great player, but he too is flawed to his own doing. Too many times he gets wrapped up in his world and excludes KD for stretches. And that's where Memphis would have capitalized.

The reason why OKC lost this series is simple, yeah Russ was out, secondly KD was exposed for the one dimensional score that he is. He doesn't operate in the post and has no variety to his game other than runouts dunks and jumpers.

This cause him to have to create for others and he's not a creator period.

That's the point though. Yes, Russ makes bad decisions, he has his flaws, and he gets lost in his own world. But by Russ being there, he almost eliminates KD's biggest flaws.. all of which were on display this series. KD gets more open shots, doesn't have to create, conserves energy, etc etc etc with Westbrook out there. No way Griz have an easier series.
Kalidogg24
Head Coach
And1: 827

Post#1447 » by Kalidogg24 » Thu May 16, 2013 7:51 am

If Russ was playing I think its safe to say the series wouldn't have ended tonight.
The series would of reached a game 6 or possibly a game 7 IMO.
REST IN PARADISE GOAT
#TeamFlightBrothers
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,237

Post#1448 » by EArl » Thu May 16, 2013 10:02 am

Kalidogg24 wrote:If Russ was playing I think its safe to say the series wouldn't have ended tonight.
The series would of reached a game 6 or possibly a game 7 IMO.

This. The Thunder with Rusell Westbrook would not have lost in five games. i do think the way the grizz are built they were made to compete against teams with crappy interior defense. hence why the grizz and Pacera are great teams to face the heat.

I hope that one of these two teams comes up to show the NBA that bigs still win championships.
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,551

Post#1449 » by Slava » Fri May 17, 2013 2:24 am

Mike Brown's son

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Cx4PoIFxsy0[/youtube]
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,502

Post#1450 » by Dr Aki » Fri May 17, 2013 4:23 am

DEEP3CL wrote:
Aki wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:One more Grizz win and we can be done with OKC and their fans.......good riddance.

And this Game 5 in San Antonio is huge, hope GSW pulls it out.

seriously deep, you're dooming the warriors with every prediction
The games tell their own story, as far as my prediction for the series I still feel this is going 7. I had the Warriors winning it in a dramatic finish.......just watch.

But this is what happens when you don't take care of home, all the Warriors had to do was win both at home.

deep's on a roll

this is going to be 5 straight spurs-related predictions he's gotten wrong.
makaveli_99
Sixth Man
And1: 559

Post#1451 » by makaveli_99 » Fri May 17, 2013 4:26 am

come on spurs, close this out!!
ennui
General Manager
And1: 955

Post#1452 » by ennui » Fri May 17, 2013 4:55 am

Leggo gsw

Curry thompson barnes are awesome

I hate the spurs, almost as much as I hate the celtics.
C'mon, you apes! You wanna live forever?
makaveli_99
Sixth Man

Post#1453 » by makaveli_99 » Fri May 17, 2013 5:09 am

spurs advance! I'm happy with either spurs or memphis in the finals...

I think Memphis beats tthe spurs in 6 though.... and then goes on to win the title.... yes, they will beat miami, better believe it.
Dr Aki
RealGM

Post#1454 » by Dr Aki » Fri May 17, 2013 5:10 am

spurs just breaking those warriors' backs
Dr Aki
RealGM

Post#1455 » by Dr Aki » Fri May 17, 2013 5:11 am

makaveli_99 wrote:spurs advance!

Memphis beats them in 6.... and then goes on to win the title.... yes, they will beat miami, better believe it.

don't be like deep and bet against the spurs until they're actually done
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,551

Post#1456 » by Slava » Fri May 17, 2013 5:11 am

Why Jarret jack is handling the ball I would not know in this situation!
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
ennui
General Manager

Post#1457 » by ennui » Fri May 17, 2013 5:13 am

Looked like a decoy pnr to set up a pin down for a curry three

Man gsw is only gonna get better
Doormatt
RealGM
And1: 2,013

Post#1458 » by Doormatt » Fri May 17, 2013 5:16 am

they have a pretty solid young core in barnes/curry/klay. its not gonna be enough if they cant get some defense from somewhere though because curry/klay looks horrendous at times on that end. if bogut can stay healthy and they can get a legit 4 then they are gonna be real good for awhile. david lee sucks.
#doorgek
ennui
General Manager

Post#1459 » by ennui » Fri May 17, 2013 5:17 am

Better without lee

Cant guard a rock
makaveli_99
Sixth Man

Post#1460 » by makaveli_99 » Fri May 17, 2013 5:17 am

Aki wrote:
makaveli_99 wrote:spurs advance!

Memphis beats them in 6.... and then goes on to win the title.... yes, they will beat miami, better believe it.

don't be like deep and bet against the spurs until they're actually done

i know, i know.. not counting them out, don't mind if they make the finals, think either of them have what it takes to challenge miami.

but i think memphis will wear the spurs down - should be a good one though

Return to Los Angeles Lakers