ImageImageImageImageImage

Trade Deadline thread: Nada... Nothing... Zip... WTF

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Roll Tide 09
Bench Warmer
And1: 439

Trade Ideas thread 

Post#161 » by Roll Tide 09 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:21 am

Lol, the Lakers should try dealing Westbrook, Davis, and a future first round pick to the Pelicans for Graham, Williamson, and Herbert Jones.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
IG: @theonlylogicalthinker
IG: @arisethecompany

Twitter: @arisethecompany

loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Re: Trade Ideas thread 

Post#162 » by loveshaq786 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 5:33 pm

Westbrook and Anthony Davis, bazemore, DeAndre, for Lillard, nurkic, Powell, Covington

Or Davis, bazemore, DeAndre for arfenee simmons, nurkic, Powell, Covington

... ALSO, With the latest news of Philadelphia trying to package Tobias Harris with Ben Simmons, how many teams can actually afford that? Do you think we are actually in play? Westbrook, tht?
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,274

Post#163 » by Kilroy » Tue Jan 11, 2022 6:24 pm

If Philly is really trying to include Harris in a Simmons trade, we would seem to be one of the few teams that could put together a package without adding another team...

Westbrook/THT/Nunn for Simmons/Harris... https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7510994

Would this make either team better? I really don't know... I think Philly with Westbrook Nunn and THT is better than with a non playing Simmons and Harris, for now and the future... But Simmons seems like a really awkward fit next to LeBron and AD... Harris might be better than THT/Nunn though...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,429

Post#164 » by wco81 » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:03 pm

Some of you guys want to fire Pelinka for trading for Westbrook.

You expect other GMs to take WB off your hands?
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,539

Post#165 » by Slava » Tue Jan 11, 2022 7:53 pm

wco81 wrote:Some of you guys want to fire Pelinka for trading for Westbrook.

What fan would not want his team to make a trade that gets the other gm fired? :lol:
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,484

Post#166 » by BEazy » Tue Jan 11, 2022 8:17 pm

Tobias/Simmons is not going to happen....ownership wound have to pay an additional 45m+ in taxes. Jeanie was cheapo on Caruso so we're not going to get both. Russ for Tobias can happen though.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#167 » by Kilroy » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:31 am

wco81 wrote:Some of you guys want to fire Pelinka for trading for Westbrook.

Is this the limit of the nuance we're capable of parsing at this point?... No chance the reason trading for Westbrook should get someone fired... And let's be clear on that too... It's LeBron/Klutch, not Pelinka... Has more to do with the fact that he was an obvious terrible fit, than an impression that Westbrook just flat out sucks?

Westbrook would be a decent fit on the Sixers playing off of Embiid... Their guard rotation is thin as hell... It might even be the move they need to get back in the hunt... Westbrook is still a guy who can put up high double-doubles even if he's not a great defender.
It would also save Philly like $100m over the course of the contracts...

For us, Harris is a better 4 than anyone we have right now, other than AD and LeBron...

That said, I'm not sure what Simmons next to LeBron brings us besides another big name?
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers

Post#168 » by Kilroy » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:32 am

ScHoolBoy B wrote:Tobias/Simmons is not going to happen....ownership wound have to pay an additional 45m+ in taxes. Jeanie was cheapo on Caruso so we're not going to get both. Russ for Tobias can happen though.

I don't think not paying Caruso had anything to do with being cheap... I'm not exactly sure what specific reason they had for it, but I'm almost positive it wasn't about money.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#169 » by Slava » Wed Jan 12, 2022 12:14 pm

I'd be tempted to do a Tobias + Danny Green for Westbrook trade as we are leaning fully into a small ball line up, as long as we find another PG who can handle the ball and keep the offense moving and let LeBron be a scorer, which is what he's been seeking since his first season with the Lakers. Sixers move off an additional year of Harris' salary and maybe bring in OKC as a third team to welcome back Westbrook and take an asset or two in the process.

Ideally, we either get a Dragic buy out or move THT/Nunn/DeAndre/Bazemore in a separate deal for a starting PG. Our biggest need is a lack of big wings rather than a center.
Adopt_Me_Masai
Sophomore
And1: 306

Post#170 » by Adopt_Me_Masai » Wed Jan 12, 2022 4:57 pm

Seeing reports that the Lakers are pursuing Gary Trent Jr. of the Raptors. I get why he could be an amazing fit in LA but don't really think the Lakers can make a serious push for him (but maybe I'm wrong.)

GTJ is still 22, averaging 16.4 PPG, 37% from 3 and is incredibly active on the defensive end, near the lead league in steals and deflections/game. Just signed a 3/50 extension this offseason. He's becoming a core piece for a Raptors team surprisingly in the thick of the playoffs despite one of the worst injury and covid histories this year. Granted, he's only the 5th member of that core after Barnes/FVV/Siakam/OG.

I don't see a trade that could satisfy the Raps but maybe I'm wrong? A THT/Nunn/Reaves won't get it done and might not be close enough to even have the Raps counter imo but am open to Laker thoughts!
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#171 » by loveshaq786 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:12 pm

Dragic, Gtj, and freaking any fillers for Westbrook, please!!!!
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#172 » by loveshaq786 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:15 pm

Collins, bog, cam, capela, Danilo, delon.... For AD, westy, baze, and DeAndre would be tight too
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect

Post#173 » by loveshaq786 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:24 pm

Lakers need to put themselves in position for Bradley Beal next season!!!!
scoobs07
Starter
And1: 82

Post#174 » by scoobs07 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:36 pm

Adopt_Me_Masai wrote:Seeing reports that the Lakers are pursuing Gary Trent Jr. of the Raptors. I get why he could be an amazing fit in LA but don't really think the Lakers can make a serious push for him (but maybe I'm wrong.)

GTJ is still 22, averaging 16.4 PPG, 37% from 3 and is incredibly active on the defensive end, near the lead league in steals and deflections/game. Just signed a 3/50 extension this offseason. He's becoming a core piece for a Raptors team surprisingly in the thick of the playoffs despite one of the worst injury and covid histories this year. Granted, he's only the 5th member of that core after Barnes/FVV/Siakam/OG.

I don't see a trade that could satisfy the Raps but maybe I'm wrong? A THT/Nunn/Reaves won't get it done and might not be close enough to even have the Raps counter imo but am open to Laker thoughts!
What are the Raptors' team needs?
scoobs07
Starter

Post#175 » by scoobs07 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 5:40 pm

Adopt_Me_Masai wrote:Seeing reports that the Lakers are pursuing Gary Trent Jr. of the Raptors. I get why he could be an amazing fit in LA but don't really think the Lakers can make a serious push for him (but maybe I'm wrong.)

It looks like Raptors are lacking rim protection. Maybe they do a three way trade with Indiana for Turner? Or, would Indiana just want Trent?
Adopt_Me_Masai
Sophomore
And1: 306

Post#176 » by Adopt_Me_Masai » Wed Jan 12, 2022 7:31 pm

scoobs07 wrote:

It looks like Raptors are lacking rim protection. Maybe they do a three way trade with Indiana for Turner? Or, would Indiana just want Trent?

Turner would legit be PERFECT for us. We need rim protection (3 bpg for Turner) and a stretch 5 who can shoot the 3, is efficient and won't take up too much usage. (Stretch 5 is key to open up space for Siakam to operate in post where he's better vs his meh 3-pt shooting). So that's Turner.

That would probably take what though? GTJ/Precious and a first round pick (or GTJ/Malachi/FRP/SRP)? If Indiana keeps the rest but sends GTJ onto Lakers, maybe Indy would play ball if they're moving on from Lavert (iirc they can't trade Brogdon until the offseason).

The problem I see is Raps (or Indy in the 3-team Turner scenario) would likely want Monk back in any deal and I'm guessing Lakers fans don't want that? GTJ is basically Monk with better defense, costs a lot more (but still good value at 16m this year) and is under contract for 2 more years vs. Monk being a UFA. To me it seems a 2-way between Indy and Toronto would be more likely. Interesting to see what the Lakers would offer up for GTJ though.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#177 » by Slava » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:03 pm

Lakers need size on the wings, GTJ is completely redundant unless we move a bulk of our smaller guards.
scoobs07
Starter

Post#178 » by scoobs07 » Wed Jan 12, 2022 9:21 pm

Adopt_Me_Masai wrote:
scoobs07 wrote:

Turner would legit be PERFECT for us. We need rim protection (3 bpg for Turner) and a stretch 5 who can shoot the 3, is efficient and won't take up too much usage. (Stretch 5 is key to open up space for Siakam to operate in post where he's better vs his meh 3-pt shooting). So that's Turner.

That would probably take what though? GTJ/Precious and a first round pick (or GTJ/Malachi/FRP/SRP)? If Indiana keeps the rest but sends GTJ onto Lakers, maybe Indy would play ball if they're moving on from Lavert (iirc they can't trade Brogdon until the offseason).

The problem I see is Raps (or Indy in the 3-team Turner scenario) would likely want Monk back in any deal and I'm guessing Lakers fans don't want that? GTJ is basically Monk with better defense, costs a lot more (but still good value at 16m this year) and is under contract for 2 more years vs. Monk being a UFA. To me it seems a 2-way between Indy and Toronto would be more likely. Interesting to see what the Lakers would offer up for GTJ though.
That's a tough one, because Monk has been averaging 22 ppg since being inserted in the starting line up and has shown great chemistry with Lebron. Monk was a great pick up and he looks like the real deal. The only problem is, the Lakers don't have his bird rights and may struggle to offer him anything more than the full MLE. What is Toronto and Indiana's salary cap situation for the summer of 2022?
Eric Bieniemy
Pro Prospect
And1: 575

Post#179 » by Eric Bieniemy » Wed Jan 12, 2022 11:09 pm

Davis, Westbrook, Horton-Tucker, Nunn, and Jordan

for

Simmons, Harris, Thybulle, Curry, and Green

PG - Curry - Reaves
SG - Green - Monk
C - James - Ariza
PF - Harris - Anthony
SF - Simmons - Thybulle
bb22
Starter
And1: 1,025

Post#180 » by bb22 » Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:00 am

Is Turner really someone that the Lakers need? I understand rim protection is an important part of team D, but the Lakers’ issue is perimeter D. If you’re looking for a potential championship run, you’re gonna finish those close games with AD at the 5, Lebron at the 4, a crafty scorer/creator, and 2 solid 3+D guys. IMO turner isn't worth it short term or long term.

They need to get rid of Westbrook, since he makes this team worse, and put themselves in position to make a big move for next season.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers