Post#21 » by LAKESHOW » Tue May 8, 2018 2:26 am

Stay as we are, we ain't winnin
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,989

Re: Do we still offer PG13 max money? 

Post#22 » by Landsberger » Tue May 8, 2018 4:33 am

I think we're offering him the max. I think he'll fit in just fine. That said, I'm not sure he makes us a whole lot better. We will still need all of the young guys to take a jump to get into the playoffs in a meaningful way. IMHO, the only one who jumps us into contention is Bron. Leonard is interesting but I'm still wanting to know the answer..... was he injured or sitting out. Not sure one answer is better than the other for a guy who wants a max deal.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,721

Post#23 » by danfantastk32 » Tue May 8, 2018 5:35 am

Landsberger wrote:I think we're offering him the max. I think he'll fit in just fine. That said, I'm not sure he makes us a whole lot better. We will still need all of the young guys to take a jump to get into the playoffs in a meaningful way. IMHO, the only one who jumps us into contention is Bron. Leonard is interesting but I'm still wanting to know the answer..... was he injured or sitting out. Not sure one answer is better than the other for a guy who wants a max deal.

Yep.....with you 1000% on the Kawhi question.

And I also think Lebron would be the much better catch than PG. PG is younger, and I would be super happy to get him. I am not a PG hater. I just think Lebron is the real-deal.
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,484

Post#24 » by BEazy » Tue May 8, 2018 6:24 am

No to Bron, yes to PG. Bron needs to stay in the cake walk East so he can be glorified by the media for beating the sorry ass Raptors...lol

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
mcscotty
Rookie
And1: 486

6RH9YF7951E8 

Post#25 » by mcscotty » Tue May 8, 2018 10:41 am

It's almost a no brainer. Ingram can swing from 1-3 effectively. He'll be able to play the 4 in the next couple of years. He's a lot like Durant in that regard. He's already a better passer than PG13, and if he ever eclipses him in offense and defense, we've got a good problem on our hands. It's only 4 years. Our guys still won't be in their primes by then. Something big is going to happen this summer. We're either going to be better or much better next season.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,651

Post#26 » by Dr Aki » Wed May 9, 2018 1:33 am

We got the cap room to go after 2 max guys before we gotta dole out the big bucks to Ingram. If we don't land a couple of max guys this summer and next, it's going to cap our team's ceiling to the guys we currently got (unless we're able to cycle them out like Boston).

You guys know deep in your hearts that the team needs a minimum of two HoFers to win a title, are you guys that big a believer in Ingram and Lonzo/Kuz that you're standing pat while the possibility of George, LeBron and Kawhi (2019), are on the table?

Are you guys willing to make that bet? That we'll be contenders - eventually - with just this core? At this point in time of their careers? Versus this exact core + 2 max guys while the core is still maturing?

The CBA soft limits the amount of talent you can accrue before you cap yourself out, then hard penalises you for spending above the luxury tax, then again for contending for prolonged periods. Accruing talent while your personnel are on cheap contracts are the only way to go above that talent cap, unless you're depending on fleecing another team, it's the best way without requiring another team's cooperation.

It's super cliche, but you make your own luck in this league. You miss 100% of the shots you don't take. We're competing for Paul's signature, you don't half arse it when you shooting for the moon.
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#27 » by Spanish_Laker » Wed May 9, 2018 12:43 pm

Nope, because we also want to pay Randle and get another top FA (the GOAT, for example). We can't get them all if we max every single FA.
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
kobe808lak
Sixth Man
And1: 601

Post#28 » by kobe808lak » Wed May 9, 2018 3:54 pm

Yes, the fit is perfect. I'm not convinced Lebron was ever serious about coming here.
One Love
Starter
And1: 292

Post#29 » by One Love » Wed May 9, 2018 6:57 pm

PG or BUST Baby...
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Post#30 » by stan francisco » Wed May 9, 2018 8:17 pm

I love his defense, he fits in perfectly as another switchable player. His shooting has been horrible this year. For the month of March he was something like the 350th best shooter in the league. I say we should start multi year offers (4+1) for him at $24M per, and willing to go up to $27.5M. If a 1+1 or 2+1, give him $30.3M per. I’d also back load it, so he makes more the following season when the cap will go up to around $109M.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, BOS 6, SAS 5, GSW 4.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Post#31 » by Dloading99 » Thu May 10, 2018 1:38 am

I think the Knee surgery is telling me something.

You sign a guy and he turns into Grant Hill or Vince Carter and that's kind of scary giving him a Max. He's going to be a great player and put up great production. but when hits that wall. watch out. I think he can eventually be a guy that we can't move. what is good about him is his ability to shoot. he'll just be a shooter.

He'll be the Lead guy on our team taking all the shots at the end of the game. he'll be a great scorer. he'll be an All star. he's signing here well give him the Max. but there's not going to be a lot of teams offering him that Max. he'll be a good part of our team with the guys we already have here in the fold. kind of like When Igodoula signed with Golden State.

is he James Harden Russell Westbrook KAwaii Leonoard Lebron James Anthony Davis Kevin Durant Gianis Anto Stephen Curry Those are all Lead Max guys. elite Superstars.
Ball so hard
Starter
And1: 680

Post#32 » by Ball so hard » Thu May 10, 2018 1:44 pm

stan francisco wrote:I love his defense, he fits in perfectly as another switchable player. His shooting has been horrible this year. For the month of March he was something like the 350th best shooter in the league. I say we should start multi year offers (4+1) for him at $24M per, and willing to go up to $27.5M. If a 1+1 or 2+1, give him $30.3M per. I’d also back load it, so he makes more the following season when the cap will go up to around $109M.

His FG% was around his career average, 3p% was 2nd highest in career, TS% was very respectable at 57% (also 2nd highest in career)... I don't think you even bothered to look at his stats.

Why only pick one month (March) to show how bad he was for the whole season? Isn't that cherry picking?

I'm pretty sure only OKC can offer him a 5 yr contract. PG is also not eligible for a back loaded contract. I think the only way we get PG is for max, or slightly less than max to allow some cap room for Randle.
Ball so hard
Starter
And1: 680

Post#33 » by Ball so hard » Thu May 10, 2018 1:49 pm

Dloading99 wrote:I think the Knee surgery is telling me something.

You sign a guy and he turns into Grant Hill or Vince Carter and that's kind of scary giving him a Max.

It's arthroscopic surgery and not microfracture surgery lol. PG will be fine, no concerns here.
ardee
RealGM
And1: 5,377

Post#34 » by ardee » Thu May 10, 2018 2:45 pm

Joe Kleazy wrote:The team needs to continue progressing, and adding PG is that next step. The market has dictated the cost and we've put ourselves in position to build upon what we have in place. If we want to be technical about max contract players, there's only four that TRULY fit that category...(Bron, KD, Steph & AD). Why bother with worrying about PG's market value when it's been debated over and over why he's the target? As much as fans have become smarter with access to the behind the scene details of contract negotiations, it's also brought about some entitlement over decisions of our team's payroll. We all understand bad deals, but this is what players are being paid nowadays and unless you have one of the top 4, you'll be maxing out the next tier down....if your lucky enough to be fielding a competitive team.

Harden, Westbrook, healthy Kawhi...
Penberthy
Sixth Man
And1: 243

Post#35 » by Penberthy » Thu May 10, 2018 10:32 pm

ardee wrote:
Joe Kleazy wrote:The team needs to continue progressing, and adding PG is that next step. The market has dictated the cost and we've put ourselves in position to build upon what we have in place. If we want to be technical about max contract players, there's only four that TRULY fit that category...(Bron, KD, Steph & AD). Why bother with worrying about PG's market value when it's been debated over and over why he's the target? As much as fans have become smarter with access to the behind the scene details of contract negotiations, it's also brought about some entitlement over decisions of our team's payroll. We all understand bad deals, but this is what players are being paid nowadays and unless you have one of the top 4, you'll be maxing out the next tier down....if your lucky enough to be fielding a competitive team.

When a player makes the next 2 best players on their team markedly worse than their potential, he does not belong in that group. Guess who Im talking about.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,575

Post#36 » by Michael Lucky » Fri May 11, 2018 1:50 am

Penberthy wrote:
ardee wrote:

When a player makes the next 2 best players on their team markedly worse than their potential, he does not belong in that group. Guess who Im talking about.

He doesn't belong in that category, true, but which players has he made markedly worse? I certainly wasn't Oladipo who had the first All Star year of his career. Orlando ended up benching him. George had a similar statistical year as he's had the past five years. Melo is clearly on the decline and Harden was 21 years old when he played with Westbrook and Durant. There's actually more evidence for Durant holding Westbrook back than Westbrook holding any other player back. Then again that's just points to the fact that Durant > Westbrook > George.
Dloading99
Pro Prospect
And1: 162

Post#37 » by Dloading99 » Sat May 12, 2018 2:17 am

Doesn't Matter he's signing with the Lakers so it's all good.

The Lakers will offer him the most they can offer him.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,912

Post#38 » by iamworthy » Sat May 12, 2018 3:47 pm

Read on Twitter
?s=21
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,623

Post#39 » by Slava » Sat May 12, 2018 3:58 pm

iamworthy wrote:
Read on Twitter
?s=21

His woman has half her titties hanging out in every instagram picture.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
One Love
Starter
And1: 292

Post#40 » by One Love » Sat May 12, 2018 4:52 pm

A knee scope isn’t anything to worry about... Maybe his elbow affected his shooting... PG is a STUD.. If we don’t land PG, I will be pissed off... If we get PG, off-season was a success, PERIOD... I don’t want LBJ & his drama unless he commits DAY ONE... Our perimeter defense with Ball, PG & Ingram would be SICK...

Lakeshow Baby...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers