No one
23%

Total votes: 13

gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Re: Monitoring candidates for the open roster spot 

Post#21 » by gts1 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 9:13 pm

Rosque wrote:Only Lakers fans wanna trade away best player of this generation :)

Just wait and see how this ish ends
I never wanted him, and this circus is exactly why... History tells us every team he has ever been to is in shambles while he's there and a total mess when he's gone... the only team that remotely survived Lebron was the Heat and that's because Riles wouldn't kowtow to his demands.. hence Lebron left.
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
Rosque
Analyst
And1: 2,010

Post#22 » by Rosque » Thu Feb 7, 2019 9:21 pm

gts1 wrote:
Rosque wrote:Only Lakers fans wanna trade away best player of this generation :)

I never wanted him, and this circus is exactly why... History tells us every team he has ever been to is in shambles while he's there and a total mess when he's gone... the only team that remotely survived Lebron was the Heat and that's because Riles wouldn't kowtow to his demands.. hence Lebron left.

Tinfoil much about that last part?

Anyways, let Magic work his Magic.

Also, if LeBron was not injured we would be top 3 teams in the West rn and none of y'all would be complaining.

edit- not like Kobe did not bring any drama, or any other superstar not named Steph Curry in recent history..
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,046

Post#23 » by RamonSessions7 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 9:23 pm

Rosque wrote:
gts1 wrote:

Also, if LeBron was not injured we would be top 3 teams in the West rn and none of y'all would be complaining.

edit- not like Kobe did not bring any drama, or any other superstar not named Steph Curry in recent history..

Unfortunately he was though, and age usually does not increase durability.
gts1
Starter
And1: 1,232

Post#24 » by gts1 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 9:26 pm

RamonSessions7 wrote:
Rosque wrote:
gts1 wrote:I never wanted him, and this circus is exactly why... History tells us every team he has ever been to is in shambles while he's there and a total mess when he's gone... the only team that remotely survived Lebron was the Heat and that's because Riles wouldn't kowtow to his demands.. hence Lebron left.

Unfortunately he was though, and age usually does not increase durability.

He'll be fine with injuries because he's now on "Load Management" :lol:
Wife: "you haven't heard a single thing I said"
Me: that's a funny way to start a conversation...
Rosque
Analyst

Post#25 » by Rosque » Thu Feb 7, 2019 9:30 pm

Y'all mad cos he ain't Kobe.
"All these guys who run these organizations who talk about analytics, they have one thing in common: They're a bunch of guys who ain't never played the game, they never got the girls in high school, and they just want to get in the game."
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,046

Post#26 » by RamonSessions7 » Thu Feb 7, 2019 9:31 pm

Sure
EArl
RealGM
And1: 13,237

Post#27 » by EArl » Thu Feb 7, 2019 9:44 pm

No melo
Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there wondering, fearing, Doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before;
BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Post#28 » by BEazy » Thu Feb 7, 2019 10:04 pm

I think Melo will soon be on this roster...

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,102

Post#29 » by dockingsched » Thu Feb 7, 2019 10:07 pm

Read on Twitter
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Rosque
Analyst

Post#30 » by Rosque » Thu Feb 7, 2019 10:10 pm

So, I root for Wayne and possibly for RoLo if GarPax come to their senses
Danny Darko
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 5,420

Post#31 » by Danny Darko » Fri Feb 8, 2019 12:13 am

Wayne>MAtthews>Andre Ingram>Melo
kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Post#32 » by kblo247 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 2:14 am

Danny Darko wrote:Wayne>MAtthews>Andre Ingram>Melo

We go be closing games with Melo Brn Kuz BI in a week or two
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,976

Post#33 » by Landsberger » Fri Feb 8, 2019 2:17 am

kblo247 wrote:

It won't be Kuz IMHO. He's the first pulled if we have any issues whatsoever. Melo will pull minutes from him primarily if he shows up here.
kblo247
RealGM

Post#34 » by kblo247 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 2:18 am

Landsberger wrote:
kblo247 wrote:

It won't be Kuz IMHO. He's the first pulled if we have any issues whatsoever. Melo will pull minutes from him primarily if he shows up here.

i can see them using Melo as the small ball 5 because he's still the strongest of the bunch and it expose him the least. Melo can toss people around on the block
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#35 » by Spens1 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 2:18 am

I'd cut Lance and McGee for being idiots. 2 open spots, bring in DAJ and then bring in Ellington as well as another one.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,976

Post#36 » by Landsberger » Fri Feb 8, 2019 2:23 am

kblo247 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
kblo247 wrote:We go be closing games with Melo Brn Kuz BI in a week or two

i can see them using Melo as the small ball 5 because he's still the strongest of the bunch and it expose him the least. Melo can toss people around on the block

Yup.... to what end however. Melo's presence will push one of them to the sidelines. Ingram can't seem to play bad enough to be taken out of his rhythm but Luke doesn't seem to treat Kuzma that way. Just like last year when Zu couldn't make one mistake or he was in the G League yet we played Bogut and Lopez in a year that we knew was a throwaway.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,341

Post#37 » by TheHartBreakKid » Fri Feb 8, 2019 2:26 am

Dear god please no Melo....but it's 99% going to be Melo. Our deadline moves pretty much settles it. With Bullock, and KCP/Lance staying on the roster, we are more likely to go after a stretch four than a pure wing like Ellington/Matthews...not to mention Beasley is gone. I'm not happy about it all, but I'm willing to bet that it'll be Melo barring someone unexpected entering the mix. The only other possible contenders other than the three mentioned are Kanter and Ariza. Kanter brings a lot of drama and as long Tyson/Muscala remain healthy there isn't a big need for him....Ariza seems to like it in Washington per reports. It's going to be Melo, although I wish it was literally any one else.

Don't get me wrong, Melo in limited minutes playing the Beasley role can be an improvement....the problem is that I think he'll cut into Kuz/B.I/Lance/KCP/Bullock's minutes because he won't be ok with playing Beasley level minutes....not to mention the not so unreasonable chance that he'll create chemistry issues in an already volnurable locker room.

I would rather have Matthews/Ellington taking up those Beasley minutes, with us going small more often if we have to....
kblo247
RealGM

Post#38 » by kblo247 » Fri Feb 8, 2019 2:43 am

TheHartBreakKid wrote:Dear god please no Melo....but it's 99% going to be Melo. Our deadline moves pretty much settles it. With Bullock, and KCP/Lance staying on the roster, we are more likely to go after a stretch four than a pure wing like Ellington/Matthews...not to mention Beasley is gone. I'm not happy about it all, but I'm willing to bet that it'll be Melo barring someone unexpected entering the mix. The only other possible contenders other than the three mentioned are Kanter and Ariza. Kanter brings a lot of drama and as long Tyson/Muscala remain healthy there isn't a big need for him....Ariza seems to like it in Washington per reports. It's going to be Melo, although I wish it was literally any one else.

Don't get me wrong, Melo in limited minutes playing the Beasley role can be an improvement....the problem is that I think he'll cut into Kuz/B.I/Lance/KCP/Bullock's minutes because he won't be ok with playing Beasley level minutes....not to mention the not so unreasonable chance that he'll create chemistry issues in an already volnurable locker room.

I would rather have Matthews/Ellington taking up those Beasley minutes, with us going small more often if we have to....

I don’t think Muscala will get mins. I may be in the minority but I think he’s going to warm the bench like Beasley did most the year. Also like Zu did to to Javale got sick. I see Javale 25mins starting, Tyson getting 10-15 bench mins, and Melo actually eating what is left.

I very much so expect Melo to fill the small 5 role Luke wanted Kuz in to start the year. Difference being he has the strength to do it and it will keep Bron from doing it.
dAdo dA dEvil
Sixth Man
And1: 480

Post#39 » by dAdo dA dEvil » Fri Feb 8, 2019 2:51 am

I have a strong feeling it will be Melo. Good luck to us then.
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#40 » by myersia » Fri Feb 8, 2019 3:41 am

I don’t care who we get anymore as long as we get something from them

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

Return to Los Angeles Lakers