ImageImageImageImageImage

Can Lebron become scoring leader next season?

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

danfantastk32
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,724

Re: Can Lebron become scoring leader next season? 

Post#21 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Jun 25, 2022 11:59 pm

So Lebron is 1325 points behind Kareem.

He scored 1695 points last season, playing in 56 games. Part of me says this is a no-brainer. But I don't think he'll get close to 30ppg this next season. Look for something like 24ppg. He just has to play.

It'll obviously be on his mind / agenda. So I think if he plays over 60 games, he'll do it no prob. But not been his average as a Laker. So it might be close.
Beethoven
Head Coach
And1: 3,899

Post#22 » by Beethoven » Mon Jul 4, 2022 8:56 am

He'll get it in his sleep this next season. Just hopefully he'll be healthy enough along w pretzel legs to get another championship. Yes. I believe we can do it as long as no pretzels get snapped in half.
Kobe Bryant forever
GO LAKERS
8-)
danfantastk32
Lead Assistant

Post#23 » by danfantastk32 » Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:04 pm

Well here we are: 157 points away. Next 5 games are on the road. He'd need north of 30 to get there in that time (he's doing 30ppg so far this season!) so I doubt he gets there on the road. So a nice bonus for the fans. Haven't checked, but I assume the two home games (Games 6 and 7 from now) are going for a really high price.

Well, it's something to look forward to this season, I guess. I will have to keep track, and catch that game. It's cool...no matter where you stand on him. I also do thinhk its cool that it's a "Laker" doing it. I know he's more of a Cav....and will ultimately be remembered as a Cav. But he did win a title with us, and next year (he's under contract) will be his 6th season with us....so it's fair to say a "Laker" made a new record. Dunno....maybe its a big nothing-burger for some.

Thoughts? Should the Lakers do something really cool? Or does the game just go on? Wonder what Kareem thinks of all this, and I wonder if he will be there.
TheHartBreakKid
General Manager
And1: 4,476

Post#24 » by TheHartBreakKid » Fri Jan 27, 2023 10:49 pm

I hope it happens on a home game...

But I'm sure there will be some form of stoppage/tribute/etc even if it's on the road.

I mean this is Kareem passing Wilt in 1984, in Utah out of all places:

danfantastk32
Lead Assistant

Post#25 » by danfantastk32 » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:50 pm

TheHartBreakKid wrote:I hope it happens on a home game...

But I'm sure there will be some form of stoppage/tribute/etc even if it's on the road.

Nice find. Yeah, I think your right. there's certainly something being planned. I do hope Kareem is there. I got that the guy has better things to do than travel around for a week on the offchance tonigh is the night. But if he gets to our home games with 10 or so points left, he aughta be there, and be apart of it.

Watching that video made me miss Chick. He was great. Funny.....his last comment was "its something we'll probably never see again" or words to that affect.

I like Lebron, although im not a huge fan. But the guy really lived up to the hype. I remember all his high-school games being televised, and sorta rolling my eyes at the whole thing. He was nick-named "the king" WAYYYY too early, which always rubbed me the wrong way. But hey.....he's earned that title now. Grats to him.

On the flip side....It will be sad to see one of my Childhood heros (hero maybe a strong word....whatever it is) have to pass that baton. I suppose that's why they exist in the first place...so someone can climb that mountain. Kareem had a what?? 38 year stint? Something like that. That's pretty impressive. As a middle-aged guy....I wonder if I will live to see the next king?

Well........get ready for another long round of "Goat" talk lol. You gotta know thats coming.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,989

Post#26 » by Landsberger » Sat Feb 4, 2023 7:05 pm

I mean this is Kareem passing Wilt in 1984, in Utah out of all places:

A little trivia for ya.... It wasn't in Utah.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,989

Post#27 » by Landsberger » Sat Feb 4, 2023 7:32 pm

danfantastk32 wrote:

Nice find. Yeah, I think your right. there's certainly something being planned. I do hope Kareem is there. I got that the guy has better things to do than travel around for a week on the offchance tonigh is the night. But if he gets to our home games with 10 or so points left, he aughta be there, and be apart of it.

Watching that video made me miss Chick. He was great. Funny.....his last comment was "its something we'll probably never see again" or words to that affect.

I like Lebron, although im not a huge fan. But the guy really lived up to the hype. I remember all his high-school games being televised, and sorta rolling my eyes at the whole thing. He was nick-named "the king" WAYYYY too early, which always rubbed me the wrong way. But hey.....he's earned that title now. Grats to him.

On the flip side....It will be sad to see one of my Childhood heros (hero maybe a strong word....whatever it is) have to pass that baton. I suppose that's why they exist in the first place...so someone can climb that mountain. Kareem had a what?? 38 year stint? Something like that. That's pretty impressive. As a middle-aged guy....I wonder if I will live to see the next king?

Well........get ready for another long round of "Goat" talk lol. You gotta know thats coming.

Had Kareem come straight into the NBA at 18, would LeBron catch him then? I'm sure Kareem would have averaged in the high 20's, if not over 30 in that time span. Some simple math would tell you that he'd still be 9,000 points or so away.

Kareem also was part of teams where he didn't have to be the leading scorer and could have probably averaged a few more point a game.

I think there isn't much of a comparison as to who was the more dominant during their career. Kareem was dominant in the finals at age 38 winning the finals MVP over a team designed to keep him from doing that.
danfantastk32
Lead Assistant

Post#28 » by danfantastk32 » Wed Feb 8, 2023 9:19 am

God, and then they go on to lose the game....sheesh.
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 39,098

Post#29 » by zimpy27 » Sat Feb 18, 2023 8:42 am

LeBron the scoring leader.

He's also holds the #1 spot for points per game on the Lakers all time. That kind of surprised me since he came at an older age and Lakers have had such good scorers.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
rzzzzz
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,758

Post#30 » by rzzzzz » Mon Feb 20, 2023 6:22 pm

Hell of as great record to break. No questioning LBJ’s legacy. And what class from the legend he took it from.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers