ImageImageImageImageImage

Portland game

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

ruffian253
Junior
And1: 125

Re: Portland game 

Post#21 » by ruffian253 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:08 pm

Big Rui fan here and was really excited for him when he got traded to the Lakers. Last night was a dissapointment and the few other times I have watched the Lakers since the trade. I thought he was going to be featured as 3rd or possibly a 4th option, but now, seems like he is contempt just hiding in the corners while Schroeder, Reeves, and even Troy Brown (not even sure why he even shoots or gets more touches the Rui) dribbles and jacks a shot up.

Also, what I do notice is that when Rui does get the ball, he is in the "i have to shoot mode" because he hasnt touched the ball in like 8 possessions. At this point, i would say he is a better low post scorer than AD who is more of a jump shooter, but why not put him on the block and post him up? Am I missing something as Rui does have a good mid-range pull up game and his low post fadeaways are pretty good.
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,885

Post#22 » by urinesane » Tue Feb 14, 2023 11:29 pm

Landsberger wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:We should start either Beasley or Reeves at SG next to Dlo and Vanderbilt at PF for more defense and rebounding. Hachimura doesn't intimidate anyone on defense.

Who's we? A Timberwolves fan proposing to put Russell in a group for defense? :lol: ... you did notice that Lillard got his average with a few minutes left in the first half.... right?

He's a Russell fanboy, enjoy his terrible posts (you got him in the trade too, no backsies)!
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,989

Post#23 » by Landsberger » Thu Feb 16, 2023 3:41 am

urinesane wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
IceManBK1 wrote:We should start either Beasley or Reeves at SG next to Dlo and Vanderbilt at PF for more defense and rebounding. Hachimura doesn't intimidate anyone on defense.

Who's we? A Timberwolves fan proposing to put Russell in a group for defense? :lol: ... you did notice that Lillard got his average with a few minutes left in the first half.... right?

He's a Russell fanboy, enjoy his terrible posts (you got him in the trade too, no backsies)!

:lol: :lol: A fanboy of the only max player to be traded 4 times in 6 years :lol:

The Lakers are such a clown show they may resign him. How are the Wolves looking for the next few years?
urinesane
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,885

Post#24 » by urinesane » Thu Feb 16, 2023 5:37 pm

Landsberger wrote:
urinesane wrote:
Landsberger wrote:

:lol: :lol: A fanboy of the only max player to be traded 4 times in 6 years :lol:

The Lakers are such a clown show they may resign him. How are the Wolves looking for the next few years?

As a longtime Wolves fan I try to not look too far ahead, but the Conley trade was huge for the team chemistry and discipline. Too many young players that need molding to have DLo not willing to adapt to Rudy on offense (also there was no way they could give him the money he wanted to be the 4th or 5th best player on the team).

It's a big year for Ant and McDaniels, so I think the Conley move was a great way to help the team now and help them adapt to Gobert in order to maximize his abilities going forward (which was already shown vs Dallas). It's also nice to see even though Conley is 34 he is a much better defender than DLo, and even though he's not a lock down guy, he plays smart defense and doesn't need to be hidden on the other teams worst offensive player.

I also think it's a better place for DLo, the Lakers need offense and he seems much more able to adapt to throwing lobs to guys like AD/Lebron than he did with Gobert (he probably had more lobs to AD/Lebron vs New Orleans than he had to Gobert all season). Though I don't think he will be willing to take a team friendly deal, so the Lakers may be stuck paying him more than he is worth (towards winning games and competing in the playoffs).

Who knows, maybe he will change his stripes and take a reasonable deal (i.e. not a max) since it's the Lakers. Otherwise, DLo seems more interested in getting his (and getting paid) than contributing to a team with an eye on going deep in the playoffs.
TGW
RealGM
And1: 6,137

Post#25 » by TGW » Thu Feb 16, 2023 7:23 pm

ruffian253 wrote:Big Rui fan here and was really excited for him when he got traded to the Lakers. Last night was a dissapointment and the few other times I have watched the Lakers since the trade. I thought he was going to be featured as 3rd or possibly a 4th option, but now, seems like he is contempt just hiding in the corners while Schroeder, Reeves, and even Troy Brown (not even sure why he even shoots or gets more touches the Rui) dribbles and jacks a shot up.

Also, what I do notice is that when Rui does get the ball, he is in the "i have to shoot mode" because he hasnt touched the ball in like 8 possessions. At this point, i would say he is a better low post scorer than AD who is more of a jump shooter, but why not put him on the block and post him up? Am I missing something as Rui does have a good mid-range pull up game and his low post fadeaways are pretty good.

Rui is a low IQ player. He's the power forward version of Nick Young. He has plenty of scoring talent, but his ability to read and react is nonexistent.

He's not good. Sorry. I've been watching this dude for the past four years. He doesn't know how to play team basketball.
Some random troll wrote:Not to sound negative, but this team is owned by an arrogant cheapskate, managed by a moron and coached by an idiot. Recipe for disaster.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,989

Post#26 » by Landsberger » Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:10 am

urinesane wrote:
Landsberger wrote:
urinesane wrote:

As a longtime Wolves fan I try to not look too far ahead, but the Conley trade was huge for the team chemistry and discipline. Too many young players that need molding to have DLo not willing to adapt to Rudy on offense (also there was no way they could give him the money he wanted to be the 4th or 5th best player on the team).

It's a big year for Ant and McDaniels, so I think the Conley move was a great way to help the team now and help them adapt to Gobert in order to maximize his abilities going forward (which was already shown vs Dallas). It's also nice to see even though Conley is 34 he is a much better defender than DLo, and even though he's not a lock down guy, he plays smart defense and doesn't need to be hidden on the other teams worst offensive player.

I also think it's a better place for DLo, the Lakers need offense and he seems much more able to adapt to throwing lobs to guys like AD/Lebron than he did with Gobert (he probably had more lobs to AD/Lebron vs New Orleans than he had to Gobert all season). Though I don't think he will be willing to take a team friendly deal, so the Lakers may be stuck paying him more than he is worth (towards winning games and competing in the playoffs).

Who knows, maybe he will change his stripes and take a reasonable deal (i.e. not a max) since it's the Lakers. Otherwise, DLo seems more interested in getting his (and getting paid) than contributing to a team with an eye on going deep in the playoffs.

Russell is a poor man's version of Steve Francis at best. He's vapor... not a player who will play a role on a contender. A lot of teams have decided to move him. I can see the Lakers keeping him and for big money. They must be seen as trying to win and no real top player want's anything to do with the Bron + hangers on who are actually running this team at the moment.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers