ImageImageImageImageImage

Horry says Pops tops Phil

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,472

Post#21 » by Slava » Wed May 14, 2008 2:10 am

Horry was always a KOBE-GUY as the players used to say back when there were factions in the 3-peat teams, along with Fisher and Slava/Madsen. May be he's just irked by the treatment Shaq got compareed to others!
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
DarkoMilicic
Banned User
And1: 0

Re: Wow.. 

Post#22 » by DarkoMilicic » Wed May 14, 2008 2:13 am

TonyMontana wrote:
DarkoMilicic wrote: Wow, Horry is senile? No.

What's wrong is that I knew you guys would say that after the article was written. We will find out soon enough who the better coach is...if you guys make it out against Utah.

You dont know diddle ....
Now that the series is tied you got the nerve to come on here and post this garbage .
Please YOUR in our court tomorrow Tuff guy .
You held your home court , thats what ever team is suppose to do .
Now we play in our court , the series is tied .
Dont get you panties all bunch up .

DarkoMilicic wrote:To phil2.0, I realize Pop has 3 stars and a good supporting cast, but Phil got to ride the coattails of Michael and Scottie, as well as Shaq, to "earn" his chips. Not discrediting him, but why doesn't he start with a team rebuilding? Pop did...technically, at least...he won a chip in 98-99' that Phil called an asterisk for...

You mean having players like Smush , Kwame , Luke , etc and still ends up taking them to the playoffs year after year when Shaqs Overweight A55 left .

WOW ............. See this why you have no class .
You come on here with your 2 wins and your talking all this mess to OUR Mods on OUR Board when your team hasnt won ISH yet .

Kosskesh Jazz fans .
Always have to go out of their way to prove they have no class .

Dont worry about Pop or Phil , worry about Jerry Sloan .
Even though he is a good coach , he still hasnt won anything yet .
I mean its not like he doesnt have talent on his team .
But it sucks the All time assist leader like Stockton or better yet Malone never won a title ......
And I guess thats why Malone came to LA was to chase the ring since he couldnt do it in Utah with Phil Jackson as his coach .
He figured Sloan couldnt do it after all those years , maybe Phil can ... :rofl:

1. Can you speak literate English? I prefer not to read ghetto slang (tuff instead of tough). It takes me twice as long to understand what you write as it does other poster.

2. I am not a Spurs fan in ANY WAY. I used to be for the longest time, but I "bandwagoned" over to the Magic and then later the Grizzlies.

3. I'm definitely not trying to stir fights with the Lakers fans, I have mad "props" for them. However, I bring a more unbias view since I am not a fan of either team (anymore).

4. I think Phil Jackson is an amazing coach and I have a book on him. I respect his motivational skills for the most part, since he gets the most out of his players more often than not. I just don't like to place him on a high pedestal with no one near his vicinity.

5. Tony Montana, I noticed you speak the most trash of any Lakers fan. I don't care, I'm not anti-Laker. In fact, the only reason I somewhat hate the Lakers is because of the bandwagoners and Kobe. I hope they win, if not, doesn't matter, they still have Kobester, the best player in the league since MJ who will make them a threat till the day he retires.

6. I don't mean to offend the mods. Most are fair, and the only one I had a scuffel with was phil2.0 which was my fault because I provoked and baited Lakers fans.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#23 » by MAMBAEMD » Wed May 14, 2008 2:18 am

This comment is really not necessary from Horry.
He was a great Laker. I will never forget his shot against the Kings.
I'm sure Popovich would prefer if Horry would keep his mouth shut and not say dumba$$ things like this.

Popovich is a fantastic coach. He deserves every bit of praise he gets.
You can easily argue that he should have won more rings based on the talent he has had over the years with Duncan, Robinson, Elliot, Parker, and Ginobili, just to name a few.
Phil Jackson's accomplishments speak for themselves. Phil does not need to be compared with every coach that wins a championship. His accomplishements in this game are far beyound anyone elses accomplishments.
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,366

Post#24 » by LLcoleJ » Wed May 14, 2008 2:20 am

^^^^Well said Doc.
Cheers. :beer: — Mags
Rox_Nix_Nox
Veteran
And1: 26

Post#25 » by Rox_Nix_Nox » Wed May 14, 2008 2:20 am

I am not a Spurs fan in ANY WAY. I used to be for the longest time, but I "bandwagoned" over to the Magic and then later the Grizzlies.

No offense, but I hate fans like you.
junot111
General Manager
And1: 2,829

Post#26 » by junot111 » Wed May 14, 2008 2:32 am

TommyTheCat wrote:i'm prolly gonna get flamed for saying this but imo pop is just as good as phil. both have different methods to their madness but they get the job done with great results.

I don't think you will get flamed for saying that, because it's hard to argue with. Both Gregg and Phil are excellent coaches and it is a very tough thing to decide.
It's just that when Horry (and Spurs fans) say that Phil has had more talent to work with, especially the last statement made by BS Bob, then that's just downgrading and disrespecting Phil's coaching abilities.
Gerald3Wallace
Assistant Coach
And1: 99

Post#27 » by Gerald3Wallace » Wed May 14, 2008 2:50 am

Rox_Nix_Nox wrote:
I am not a Spurs fan in ANY WAY. I used to be for the longest time, but I "bandwagoned" over to the Magic and then later the Grizzlies.

No offense, but I hate fans like you.

same here...and what makes it worse? his name is darko millicic, his sig is darko...his fav team is orlando then went to memphis...same as darko..

dudes a bandwaggoner, but hes switching for darko?? worlds gonna end :noway:
hsgm
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#28 » by hsgm » Wed May 14, 2008 2:54 am

memphis has a bandwagon?
LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#29 » by LLcoleJ » Wed May 14, 2008 3:01 am

Stick to the topic
RJM
General Manager
And1: 2,266

Post#30 » by RJM » Wed May 14, 2008 3:08 am

milesfides wrote:Smush Parker was right, though. Dwayne Wade IS more of a people's person than Kobe. Just ask Star Jones.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#31 » by TonyMontana » Wed May 14, 2008 3:27 am

DarkoMilicic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-1. Can you speak literate English? I prefer not to read ghetto slang (tuff instead of tough). It takes me twice as long to understand what you write as it does other poster.

:clap: :clap: Bravo ...... Funny you responded back to me , so I guess I got my point across .
GTOH ... Can you understand that . Your an Idiot if you cant .
For starters I grew up in the Ghetto yet I have worked my way up to the top .
Probably a lot higher than you can ever imagine .
Yet I still visit the GHETTO , since I still have friends in the Ghetto and I am proud of it .
Also this isnt grammar school this is the Lakers board , the board that Im a member of and your NOT .
As far as my English , I do apologize if I make a few mistakes here and there since it is a bit difficult for me to be able to read ,write and speak FOUR different languages ........... Can you say that ?
I doubt it .

DarkoMilicic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-2. I am not a Spurs fan in ANY WAY. I used to be for the longest time, but I "bandwagoned" over to the Magic and then later the Grizzlies.

So your a bandwagon jumper .... ?
Okay ,now we know that your not from the Ghetto and YOUR A SELL OUT

DarkoMilicic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-3. I'm definitely not trying to stir fights with the Lakers fans, I have mad "props" for them. However, I bring a more unbias view since I am not a fan of either team (anymore).

Funny since you posted
We will find out soon enough who the better coach is...if you guys make it out against Utah.

To me it sounds like your a troll and your baiting Laker fans with this post you made to our Mods .........
So now your back tracking what you said earlier .
Specially when you made this post a few days ago
DarkoMilicic wrote:-= original quote snipped =- And talking about classless fans, how about the way you treated a Jazz fun who is right? You think you have a right to talk because this is "your year"? You guys were taking it in the bummer the last 2 years...

Okay so let me add this up .
Your not from the Ghetto , and your a bandwagon jumper and your also a lier .
Next
DarkoMilicic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-4. I think Phil Jackson is an amazing coach and I have a book on him. I respect his motivational skills for the most part, since he gets the most out of his players more often than not. I just don't like to place him on a high pedestal with no one near his vicinity.

WOW , your starting to sound like a kid in the principles office that got busted for ditching class .......
:violin:
but Phil got to ride the coattails of Michael and Scottie, as well as Shaq, to "earn" his chips.

Again why are you changing your mind now , a few posts ago , Phil rode MJ and Scotties Shaq and Kobes coattail and now he is an amazing coach .

This is gettin good .
Your not from the Ghetto , and your a bandwagon jumper and your also a lier and you backtrack everything you said .
DarkoMilicic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-5. Tony Montana, I noticed you speak the most trash of any Lakers fan. .

If thats what you like to call it , then so be it .

DarkoMilicic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-I don't care, I'm not anti-Laker. In fact, the only reason I somewhat hate the Lakers is because of the bandwagoners and Kobe. I hope they win, if not, doesn't matter, they still have Kobester, the best player in the league since MJ who will make them a threat till the day he retires.

Kettle meet pot ...... :rofl:

DarkoMilicic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-6. I don't mean to offend the mods. Most are fair, and the only one I had a scuffel with was phil2.0 which was my fault because I provoked and baited Lakers fans.

Funny .......... seeing how you intentionally went after Phil with this post and Laker fans and the Lakers ........ All in one post .
DarkoMilicic wrote:Wow, Horry is senile? No.
What's wrong is that I knew you guys would say that after the article was written. We will find out soon enough who the better coach is...if you guys make it out against Utah.
To phil2.0, I realize Pop has 3 stars and a good supporting cast, but Phil got to ride the coattails of Michael and Scottie, as well as Shaq, to "earn" his chips. Not discrediting him, but why doesn't he start with a team rebuilding? Pop did...technically, at least...he won a chip in 98-99' that Phil called an asterisk for...

Okay so lets sum this up real quick .
Your not from the Ghetto , and your a bandwagon jumper and your also a lier , you try very hard to bait Laker fans .
To top it off you like to back peddle everything you say like a you know what , while you try to suck up to people and cry innocent .

Dam Im glad were not friends , and I hate to be your friend .
I mean to me you sound like a ***** who would sell out everybody and everything to help himself out of a Jam ......

In Ghetto terms you sound like a sell out .
But since you have a problem with my Ghetto terminology and you want me to speak in literate English .
Here I got this from Wikipedia and heres the link for it .
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sellout
Selling out refers to the compromising of one's integrity, morality and principles in exchange for money, 'success' or other personal gain. It is commonly associated with attempts to increase mass appeal or acceptability to mainstream society. A person who does this, as opposed to following the original path s/he laid (or claimed to lay) out for him/herself, is labeled a sellout and regarded with disgust and immediate loss of respect. Selling out is seen as gaining success at the cost of credibility.

As far as me , I dont sell out and I express my opinion , maybe not in a professional way ( GHETTO ) and I have a problem with , whatever teams wagon your on this week , Coming on the Lakers board talking ish about my favorite team that I have loved since I was a kid , to our Mods and my fellow Laker fans .............
Thats all Darko .......

Oh ya feel free to spell check my post , I know I made a few mistakes here and there , but then again Im not in Class .

Im ON A LAKER BOARD .
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#32 » by Slava » Wed May 14, 2008 3:37 am

Are the Spurs losing some sleep over us already?

The match up hasn't even begun and we already hear the trash talk! :D

By the way, Rob should know better than others that Phil would only chuckle at these remarks than anything else.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#33 » by Slava » Wed May 14, 2008 3:44 am

TonyMontana
RealGM

Post#34 » by TonyMontana » Wed May 14, 2008 3:45 am

Phil_2.0 wrote:Stick to the topic

Phil I do apologize , I know your right but I was writting my post before I saw your post .

My Bad Mang , and I know there is no excuse for it .
DarkoMilicic
Banned User

Post#35 » by DarkoMilicic » Wed May 14, 2008 3:51 am

TonyMontana wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

As far as me , I dont sell out and I express my opinion , maybe not in a professional way ( GHETTO ) and I have a problem with , whatever teams wagon your on this week , Coming on the Lakers board talking ish about my favorite team that I have loved since I was a kid , to our Mods and my fellow Laker fans .............
Thats all Darko .......

Oh ya feel free to spell check my post , I know I made a few mistakes here and there , but then again Im not in Class .

Im ON A LAKER BOARD .

Let's see...where to begin...

Born in Bosnia, grew up in Germany, live in the U.S., visit Serbia and France...yeah, I can speak "4" languages (since Bosnian is similar to Serbian, I'll count it as 1)

First time I saw a basketball game was when the Spurs played and they became my favorite team when my uncle told me Duncan was the best basketball player (I was 8), so I followed him...

Congratulations on making it out of the ghetto. I really enjoyed reading your life story, best use of 15 seconds of my life...not like me and my family lived off "welfare" of all sorts when we came to Germany as refugees. Besides, I've seen and lived in ghettos in the U.S., both in Shreveport (2 minutes from Noah Tyson park) and Chicago (apartment across Humboldt Park)...and they ain't ****.

Yeah, I noticed you guys don't have bandwagoners who made accounts after February 08 :roll: I moved DOWN the ladder of teams...yes, for Darko. Besides, better than 99% of the black people in my school who say, "Mang, I been a lifelong Lakers/Hornets fan, g".
DarkoMilicic
Banned User

Post#36 » by DarkoMilicic » Wed May 14, 2008 3:53 am

Do you really know what a sellout is? Someone who has something to GAIN out of compromising his/her morals. What did I exactly gain by bandwagoning over to the Grizzlies. Read my post on bandwagons...
DarkoMilicic
Banned User

Post#37 » by DarkoMilicic » Wed May 14, 2008 3:55 am

Besides, you guys make excuses for Kobe having to play with Smush. I remember there was a time everyone was riding his nuts after he started a season with 3 20+ pt games. He was supposed to become his sidekick, but like every sidekick to Kobe, he couldn't handle the fake machoism and large ego Kobe brought. Which is why Kobe finishes his career with 3 championships...unless he becomes the 2nd option AGAIN.
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#38 » by Slava » Wed May 14, 2008 3:58 am

^^If that ain't baiting, I don't know what really is!

LLcoleJ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#39 » by LLcoleJ » Wed May 14, 2008 4:07 am

DarkoMilicic wrote:Besides, you guys make excuses for Kobe having to play with Smush. I remember there was a time everyone was riding his nuts after he started a season with 3 20+ pt games. He was supposed to become his sidekick, but like every sidekick to Kobe, he couldn't handle the fake machoism and large ego Kobe brought. Which is why Kobe finishes his career with 3 championships...unless he becomes the 2nd option AGAIN.

congrats. That post earned you a warning for trolling.
TonyMontana
RealGM

Post#40 » by TonyMontana » Wed May 14, 2008 4:10 am

DarkoMilicic wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Let's see...where to begin...

Born in Bosnia, grew up in Germany, live in the U.S., visit Serbia and France...yeah, I can speak "4" languages (since Bosnian is similar to Serbian, I'll count it as 1)

First time I saw a basketball game was when the Spurs played and they became my favorite team when my uncle told me Duncan was the best basketball player (I was 8), so I followed him...

Congratulations on making it out of the ghetto. I really enjoyed reading your life story, best use of 15 seconds of my life...not like me and my family lived off "welfare" of all sorts when we came to Germany as refugees. Besides, I've seen and lived in ghettos in the U.S., both in Shreveport (2 minutes from Noah Tyson park) and Chicago (apartment across Humboldt Park)...and they ain't ****.

Yeah, I noticed you guys don't have bandwagoners who made accounts after February 08 :roll: I moved DOWN the ladder of teams...yes, for Darko. Besides, better than 99% of the black people in my school who say, "Mang, I been a lifelong Lakers/Hornets fan, g".

Your short story of your travel around the globe was nice , but its a childrens story.
Maybe you should take it up with Hallmark for a movie deal ., and this isnt what this thread is about .

You called me Ghetto which I dont mind since I am from the Ghetto .
So what Im proud of it .
But back to the thread and Im done since I think we have derailed this thread badly .
You came on here and baited with your " Lets see if you'll make it past the Jazz and started talking ISH on Phil .
And I replied to you and your post .

But Im sorry I made a mistake .
Your a Troll ......... I take the sell out back .....

Return to Los Angeles Lakers