Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

TheChosenLaker
Ballboy
And1: 2

Re: Trade Ideas thread 

Post#361 » by TheChosenLaker » Sat Feb 5, 2022 5:32 pm

loveshaq786 wrote:HARDEN!!!

AD, baze, tht, DeAndre...... Harden, lemarcus, and patty mills

If we think Simmons and Seth will be better than harden, than we put it in a 3 way

No way Kevin Durant gets behind Simmons over AD!

.... Ideally we deal Westbrook too and get Kyrie back... While sending harden to Philly.... Than turn around and send Simmons to Washington for Bradley Beal

Kyrie and Beal with LeBron would be lit.... If it doesn't work we kyrie and Beal will walk in the summer and we will have a lot of cap space!

U trading AD for a guy who is going to be a UFA? :banghead: :banghead:
loveshaq786
Pro Prospect
And1: 86

Post#362 » by loveshaq786 » Sat Feb 5, 2022 6:01 pm

No ideally... We are getting rid of Westbrook too. We ain't winning now with this team and Westbrook will strain future and AD's health won't help us...

Westbrook, DeAndre, and AD and 2027 frp for kyrie, harden, lemarcus

Trade harden, baze for Simmons, Seth, maxey, and mattise

Trade kyrie and tht for Bradley Beal and bryant

That's a great haul for us and works for every team. If we want more cap flexibility, we can trade Simmons for boucher, Dragic, Gary Trent Jr and picks
TheChosenLaker
Ballboy
And1: 2

Post#363 » by TheChosenLaker » Sat Feb 5, 2022 6:52 pm

loveshaq786 wrote:No ideally... We are getting rid of Westbrook too. We ain't winning now with this team and Westbrook will strain future and AD's health won't help us...

Westbrook, DeAndre, and AD and 2027 frp for kyrie, harden, lemarcus

Trade harden, baze for Simmons, Seth, maxey, and mattise

Trade kyrie and tht for Bradley Beal and bryant

That's a great haul for us and works for every team. If we want more cap flexibility, we can trade Simmons for boucher, Dragic, Gary Trent Jr and picks

It's not nba2k bro
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#364 » by MAMBAEMD » Sat Feb 5, 2022 10:50 pm

4 team trade proposal:

Pistons get :Kemba Walker, Julius Randle, Alex Len

Knicks get: Russell Westbrook, Wayne Ellington, Kelly Olynyk

Lakers get: Jerami Grant, Buddy Hield

Kings get: Evan Fournier, Nerlens Noel
Formerly lakerRD
Lakers24gm
Junior
And1: 120

Post#365 » by Lakers24gm » Sun Feb 6, 2022 7:21 am

Lakers trade:
THT
Deandre Jordan
Kent Bazemore

OKC Trades
Kenrich Williams
Derrick Favors
Mike Muscala

Lakers get Williams who can play in closing lineup. Muscala spaces floor and can play with AD. Favors adds a contract who Lakers can trade later. OKC adds THT to there young team. Buys out Jordan and can possibly get a 2nd for Baze.
DNP-Old
Pro Prospect
And1: 332

Post#366 » by DNP-Old » Sun Feb 6, 2022 2:08 pm

lakerRD wrote:4 team trade proposal:

Pistons get :Kemba Walker, Julius Randle, Alex Len

Knicks get: Russell Westbrook, Wayne Ellington, Kelly Olynyk

Lakers get: Jerami Grant, Buddy Hield

Kings get: Evan Fournier, Nerlens Noel

I don't know how many FRPs LAL would have to add to a package of Westbrook & Ellington to turn it into Grant & Hield, but I know LAL doesn't have that many.
"Be quick, don't hurry" -John Wooden-

"No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth" -Plato-
Lakers24gm
Junior
And1: 120

Post#367 » by Lakers24gm » Sun Feb 6, 2022 4:42 pm

Sorry another trade. But after last nights game no way Russ can stay.

Lakers Trade
Russell Westbrook
THT
Deandre Jordan
Kent Bazemore
2027 unprotected 1st
2023 Chicago 2nd Rounder

Rockets Trade
John Wall
Eric Gordon
JaeSean Tate

Lakers throw in there unprotected 1st and get Gordon and Tate. Two players who could play with closing unit. Lakers keep Nunn. Allowing him to play back up POint. Rockets pick up THT and the unprotected 1st from Lakers. Get Russ who they could use his expiring next year and get more. JordAn gets bought out. Lakers also save Rockets a ton of money here. Lakers would have to bite the tax bullet here.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,975

Post#368 » by Landsberger » Sun Feb 6, 2022 4:50 pm

There is no trade available that will put another championship here in LeBron's window. The Westbrook trade sealed that. Trading away more firsts will just prolong the next rebuild. Building through FA alone is not a formula that works.

This is going to be a bigger hole than the Nash/Howard fiasco.... The best thing we could do is trade Davis for some youth and picks but in LA that's not doable as the Buss family has to put a product on the floor that at least has to somehow match expectations with their pricing structure.

I think this 'hole' may cause a selling of the team. At the very least we need a completely new front office with a group that is centered on the Lakers and not on LeBron.
slifersd
Analyst
And1: 210

Post#369 » by slifersd » Sun Feb 6, 2022 9:36 pm

Caris LeVert just got traded to Cleveland for a trash offer too. Damn, we should've kept our assets around in the offseason. Good players are getting traded for nothing left and right. Thanks LeBron, that westbrook trade looks better by the day.
KuzControl
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#370 » by KuzControl » Mon Feb 7, 2022 4:23 am

Yeah the fact we've basically burned two firsts, Kuzma, Caruso and KCP on Westbrook over the past two years is gonna come back to bite us

Best we could hope for is a Knicks deal, Fournier + Burks + Kemba or something like that
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 37,528

Post#371 » by zimpy27 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 5:07 am

KuzControl wrote:Yeah the fact we've basically burned two firsts, Kuzma, Caruso and KCP on Westbrook over the past two years is gonna come back to bite us

Best we could hope for is a Knicks deal, Fournier + Burks + Kemba or something like that

That's a stretch.

- Lakers were never giving Caruso more money. It's clear they weren't in an auction, they had a number and were happy to see him walk. KCP(13m)+Kuzma(13m)+Schroder(18m) = Westbook(44m). Schroeder was offered 18m and turned it down. If he took it then Lakers end up with same salary on books. Caruso was always getting 7m offer at the most. They just didn't value him sadly.
- It was Kuzma+KCP+Jackson(#22) for Westbrook.

Honestly, the Green+McDaniels(#28) for Schroeder was probably a worse trade.
"Let's play some basketball!" - Fergie
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#372 » by zimpy27 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 5:11 am

Landsberger wrote:There is no trade available that will put another championship here in LeBron's window. The Westbrook trade sealed that. Trading away more firsts will just prolong the next rebuild. Building through FA alone is not a formula that works.

This is going to be a bigger hole than the Nash/Howard fiasco.... The best thing we could do is trade Davis for some youth and picks but in LA that's not doable as the Buss family has to put a product on the floor that at least has to somehow match expectations with their pricing structure.

I think this 'hole' may cause a selling of the team. At the very least we need a completely new front office with a group that is centered on the Lakers and not on LeBron.

I disagree.

This offseason and next season, the Lakers will have a $47m expiring contract and 2 FRPs.. They will be in good position to make an upgrade I think.

I think this season is done though.
MAMBAEMD
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,622

Post#373 » by MAMBAEMD » Mon Feb 7, 2022 5:28 am

zimpy27 wrote:
Landsberger wrote:There is no trade available that will put another championship here in LeBron's window. The Westbrook trade sealed that. Trading away more firsts will just prolong the next rebuild. Building through FA alone is not a formula that works.

I disagree.

This offseason and next season, the Lakers will have a $47m expiring contract and 2 FRPs.. They will be in good position to make an upgrade I think.

I agree except I’m not quite there with the last sentence.

If LBJ and AD come to good form together , and Monk keeps playing good ball, we still may be decent toward the end of the season and gather momentum.

We have to sit Russ though.
Formerly lakerRD
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#374 » by zimpy27 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 5:37 am

lakerRD wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

I disagree.

I agree except I’m not quite there with the last sentence.

If LBJ and AD come to good form together , and Monk keeps playing good ball, we still may be decent toward the end of the season and gather momentum.

We have to sit Russ though.

True, it could pick up. If Nunn comes back and looks good then it could make a big change.

Nunn, Westbrook, Ariza/Johnson, LeBron, Davis -- Monk, Reaves, THT, Melo, Howard

Plus Westbrook and THT can both improve from here..
hoosierdaddy34
Head Coach
And1: 5,726

Post#375 » by hoosierdaddy34 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 6:47 am

THT for Bagley? A young athletic big makes more sense given our guard situation especially if Nunn does make it back. And given how bad our bigs (outside of AD) are. Get to test Bagley for 30 games plus playoffs…maybe Bron/AD bring something out of Bagley.
KuzControl
Sophomore
And1: 50

Post#376 » by KuzControl » Mon Feb 7, 2022 7:24 am

zimpy27 wrote:
KuzControl wrote:Yeah the fact we've basically burned two firsts, Kuzma, Caruso and KCP on Westbrook over the past two years is gonna come back to bite us

That's a stretch.

- Lakers were never giving Caruso more money. It's clear they weren't in an auction, they had a number and were happy to see him walk. KCP(13m)+Kuzma(13m)+Schroder(18m) = Westbook(44m). Schroeder was offered 18m and turned it down. If he took it then Lakers end up with same salary on books. Caruso was always getting 7m offer at the most. They just didn't value him sadly.

You could maybe take Caruso out of it, *if* you assume we were going to give Schroder 18mil in August 2021

It's mainly the flow-on effect that annoys me. We used Green and 28 to get Schroder, then used 22 + others to get Westbrook, making Schroder irrelevant. Not ideal asset management at all
zimpy27
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#377 » by zimpy27 » Mon Feb 7, 2022 8:54 am

KuzControl wrote:
zimpy27 wrote:

That's a stretch.

You could maybe take Caruso out of it, *if* you assume we were going to give Schroder 18mil in August 2021

It's mainly the flow-on effect that annoys me. We used Green and 28 to get Schroder, then used 22 + others to get Westbrook, making Schroder irrelevant. Not ideal asset management at all

Only reason Lakers chased Westbrook was because Schroeder didn't work out. Schroeder is what made the Westbrook trade relevant.

The Schroeder fail was the catalyst for all this.
John Murdoch
General Manager
And1: 7,295

Post#378 » by John Murdoch » Mon Feb 7, 2022 8:11 pm

Magic#1 wrote:We have won two playoff games in two years. If we decide to keep this team for the next two years, maybe it will feel like we won a series.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,249

Post#379 » by Kilroy » Mon Feb 7, 2022 9:44 pm

https://basketball.realgm.com/tradechecker/saved_trade/7533056

Maybe with the Harden trade drying up, the market ain't all that great for simmons...
Maybe Phily still wants to trade both Simmons and Harris...
Maybe they like the idea of being able to get a whole lot of money off their books this season and for the future...
Maybe Westbrook would fit pretty well next to Embiid... Certainly better than DNP Simmons...
Maybe we throw in that unprotected 2023 second...

Just maybe

Although we'd have to do some serious scrounging after this to get a full roster...
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,249

Post#380 » by Kilroy » Mon Feb 7, 2022 9:50 pm

Never have rice at Hanzo's house...

Return to Los Angeles Lakers