No
26%

Total votes: 116

LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,204

Re: Do we still offer PG13 max money? 

Post#61 » by LAKESHOW » Thu May 17, 2018 1:52 pm

I wouldn't take cousins. But for argument's sake, the reports coming out he's supposedly unhappy with pelican offers. If that is supposedly the case, then we can throw him a minimal number, because that's the going rate. No one will pay big for cousins.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
One Love
Starter
And1: 290

Post#62 » by One Love » Thu May 17, 2018 5:40 pm

We have stuck out 4/5 years in a row signing a star... We offer PG the full max and years & keep our fingers crossed... He knows the numbers... In terms of Boogie, he will bounce back from the injury... I ruptured my achillis playing hoops and it is a process but he will be fine... My ruptured achillis is actually stronger than my non ruptured achillis today... He will blossom in our system... He rebounds (12 RPG), scores (26 PPG) & is a great passing center (4.5 APG)...

Lakeshow Baby...
No name
Junior
And1: 117

Post#63 » by No name » Thu May 17, 2018 9:56 pm

One Love wrote:We have stuck out 4/5 years in a row signing a star... We offer PG the full max and years & keep our fingers crossed... He knows the numbers... In terms of Boogie, he will bounce back from the injury... I ruptured my achillis playing hoops and it is a process but he will be fine... My ruptured achillis is actually stronger than my non ruptured achillis today... He will blossom in our system... He rebounds (12 RPG), scores (26 PPG) & is a great passing center (4.5 APG)...

Lakeshow Baby...

I'd wager that you are not 300 pounds, runs, jumps and became successful due to his burst while doing so.
danfantastk32
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,648

Post#64 » by danfantastk32 » Sat May 19, 2018 7:54 am

LAKESHOW wrote:I wouldn't take cousins. But for argument's sake, the reports coming out he's supposedly unhappy with pelican offers. If that is supposedly the case, then we can throw him a minimal number, because that's the going rate. No one will pay big for cousins.

I think you can count the teams with space to sign him on 1 hand: Lakers, 6-ers (Already good at Center), Sacramento (Wouldn't that be funny), Chicago, Dallas. Couple teams could prob move a small piece or two and sign him (Phoenix, Indiana, atlanta).

Will be 28 when season starts. Not horrible, but with an Achilles injury, and 270 (prob more) pounds....that's a big-ol red flag.

If we only sign PG....I wouldn't be against giving him a $25-30mil 1-year deal. See how it goes. Take it from there next offseason.
AGAVE
Junior
And1: 65

Post#65 » by AGAVE » Sun May 27, 2018 3:35 am

Not really understanding how people think that Klay would walk from playing with Steph.
Starting over and trying to mesh with who we have here doesn't seem to be a fit.
Ya, maybe cause Luke is here.
Ya, maybe cause we have a taller and similarly gifted point guard.
But are we building this team to fit him or to acquire him to fit a particular goal.
Thompson retains his name and mystique up north.
On a team he has established himself with.
Around players he fits with.
With a head coach whom I'd guess he is plenty happy with.
Not gonna happen.
Respect Elgin Baylor
AGAVE
Junior
And1: 65

Post#66 » by AGAVE » Sun May 27, 2018 3:43 am

PG13 has to be our goal.
Now....
What players will he prefer to play with.
Who can we surround him with to benefit his potential.
Who does PG want to play with here.
If we can gauge what players that might be, then his contract costs can be presented in a way to fit contracts coming in or retained.
How much say will Magic & Pelinka offer him towards signing here.
Not so much about the Total amount his contract becomes, rather the contract he signs based upon a working condition between player and team.
Just crossing my fingers how this all works out.
Respect Elgin Baylor
what would jack bauer do?
Veteran
And1: 295

Post#67 » by what would jack bauer do? » Sun May 27, 2018 4:50 am

Wait... How many of you are voting yes to signing Paul George knowing full well he just underwent knee surgery?

Dude ain't getting any younger. I really hope we do our due diligence with him. He looked overweight this year to me and now you're telling he can't train for 8 weeks? He already looked like couldn't get downhill the last couple years. I'm gonna be pissed if we waste max money on a glorified 3 and D guy.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,974

Post#68 » by Landsberger » Sun May 27, 2018 5:27 pm

We traded for Howard coming off of back surgery and then doubled down by signing a guy who's had been laying on his stomach for 4 years when not in games..... A scope on the knee seems insignificant compared to that.
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,522

Post#69 » by Michael Lucky » Sun May 27, 2018 5:53 pm

Not sure why you're bringing up two instances that ended up in failure. It's not really helping make a case for signing PG to a max deal.
what would jack bauer do?
Veteran
And1: 295

Post#70 » by what would jack bauer do? » Sun May 27, 2018 7:06 pm

Landsberger wrote:We traded for Howard coming off of back surgery and then doubled down by signing a guy who's had been laying on his stomach for 4 years when not in games..... A scope on the knee seems insignificant compared to that.

At age 28 for a guy who showing signs of athletic decline it's at least a yellow flag though. Say his knee recovers 100%, what did he do to injure the knee? was it chronic damage over time? Is the injury going to recur with his style of game? Is he going to have to slow down his game and become a less aggressive defender to avoid pain and reinjuring himself? Is there some sort of imbalance in his body mechanics related to his right leg hardware?

If we have other options on the table and we have a young team on the rise I don't think it's a no brained to sign him. Hell tanking is weakened if we're the 14th worst team in the NBA we should have a better chance at winning the draft lottery right?
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,974

Post#71 » by Landsberger » Sun May 27, 2018 7:36 pm

what would jack bauer do? wrote:
Landsberger wrote:We traded for Howard coming off of back surgery and then doubled down by signing a guy who's had been laying on his stomach for 4 years when not in games..... A scope on the knee seems insignificant compared to that.

At age 28 for a guy who showing signs of athletic decline it's at least a yellow flag though. Say his knee recovers 100%, what did he do to injure the knee? was it chronic damage over time? Is the injury going to recur with his style of game? Is he going to have to slow down his game and become a less aggressive defender to avoid pain and reinjuring himself? Is there some sort of imbalance in his body mechanics related to his right leg hardware?

If we have other options on the table and we have a young team on the rise I don't think it's a no brained to sign him. Hell tanking is weakened if we're the 14th worst team in the NBA we should have a better chance at winning the draft lottery right?

Oh I get it. Just trying to show what ownership has done in the past with injured players. That said, I don't see our young guys "growing" into a championship team without some help. PG wouldn't be my priority, Bron would. If we're going to make a run we need a guy who can truly dominate and close. There are only a couple of those at any given time in the NBA and he's one right now. There is a lot of risk in getting him at his age as well. When you hear what we're hearing from Magic and Co. I'm not thinking they are thinking just grow with our youth.
Lakernut4ever
Junior
And1: 92

Post#72 » by Lakernut4ever » Mon May 28, 2018 7:46 am

Michael Lucky wrote:Not sure why you're bringing up two instances that ended up in failure. It's not really helping make a case for signing PG to a max deal.

Because Paul George is not the centerpiece nor anchor you throw money at. Not worth throwing money at a complimentary piece of the puzzle.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,080

Post#73 » by dockingsched » Fri Jun 1, 2018 6:45 am

Read on Twitter
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Spens1
RealGM
And1: 3,878

Post#74 » by Spens1 » Fri Jun 1, 2018 6:49 am

dockingsched wrote:
Read on Twitter

Only now? I thought he would have been following him ages ago.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,824

Post#75 » by TylersLakers » Fri Jun 1, 2018 1:55 pm

I really think Randle's situation is certainly a factor with George. The Lakers should be having productive talks and being real with him about where he stands in the pecking order.

I would even tamper and tell Mintz if he delivers George, we'll deliver Julius a near-max deal.
kobe808lak
Sixth Man
And1: 601

Post#76 » by kobe808lak » Fri Jun 1, 2018 2:45 pm

There comes a point where you can't just go full youth movement. We need a vet leader. PG fits perfectly with this team and will make us better, help attract even more talent.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,204

Post#77 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Jun 1, 2018 3:39 pm

If we get Pg max. Maybe we can steal cousins in the cheap.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
NBAWestFan
Bench Warmer
And1: 123

Post#78 » by NBAWestFan » Fri Jun 1, 2018 4:06 pm

What PG should be fine with?

PG should be fine with 30 million a year.
That is 5 years at $150 milllion total for a 28 year old who is a good defender who is not longer in his prime years.
A guy who has not won a title and is not a top 10 player.

35 to 40 million is for the top 10 players who have won titles.

Spending this type of contract is kinda similar to the Blake Griffin signing in that he is a very good player but we need more pieces to sign with Ingram contract going to be up for next summer, then Ball and Kuzuma will want their $.

In order to build a team no player should get 40 million unless they have won titles.
Kilroy
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 12,248

Post#79 » by Kilroy » Fri Jun 1, 2018 4:16 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:If we get Pg max. Maybe we can steal cousins in the cheap.

If you watched Coon's video about our cap situation, you'd probably get that we can't even afford Cousins "on the cheap." We can't give money to guys who can't play... And in all likelihood, even if Cousins does return to some form of his old self, it's not going to be next season... We can't pay a guy to ride the bench and hope he's good again.
Never have rice at Hanzo's house...
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,522

Post#80 » by Michael Lucky » Fri Jun 1, 2018 4:20 pm

TylersLakers wrote:I really think Randle's situation is certainly a factor with George. The Lakers should be having productive talks and being real with him about where he stands in the pecking order.

I would even tamper and tell Mintz if he delivers George, we'll deliver Julius a near-max deal.

I'm sure Mintz would love getting both of his players paid. Having said that, the Agent isn't looking at the best interest of the team, he's looking to get his players and himself payed.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers