ImageImageImageImageImage

WCF GAME ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5/19 - 6:00pm

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,205

Re: WCF GAME ONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 5/19 - 6:00pm 

Post#601 » by LAKESHOW » Wed May 20, 2009 6:29 pm

i actually think by way of foul trouble, we found the correct matchup.

and thats ariza on billups.

billups will play big this series. to me, the 2nd man behind melo. if melo gets his, we can at least hope to contain their 2nd best option, and that is billups. now last night he hit the big shots. but we pulled out the victory. however, in the following games, i believe ariza can check billups with his length, and then we just make melo work hard. allow melo to get his, relatively speaking, but billups we must control. if both melo and billups get off, we are close to being dead. but shut down at least billups, we will take them down much easier.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,587

Post#602 » by hermes » Wed May 20, 2009 6:33 pm

they need to help kobe out, more luke and odom on melo
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#603 » by The Skyhook » Wed May 20, 2009 6:38 pm

Kobe did great on Billups. I want to see how effective Ariza can be playing Billups the entire game. Kobe was our best option against Melo. I want to see how Lamar does against him. I think this is the time where Phil has to go with Lamar/Gasol/Bynum at the 3/4/5. Melo and Lebron are both 2 strong guys playing the same position. Remember what happened with Pierce last year. We had a lot of trouble containing him. Once again he plays the same position Melo and Lebron do. If we can controll Billups and Melo we should be good.

Our bigs need to step up. Gasol needs to get more touches. When Phil and the guys looks at the game tape he will feel so stupid when he sees who was on Bynum when he had good position in the post. If he was able to stay on the court he would of helped our offense so much. Same thing with Gasol, they would of gave the rest of the guys better looks. I hope Lamar can play they way he did when Bynum first went down. We should be able to close these guys out with adjustments and better officiating.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers