ImageImageImageImageImage

Lakers Tank Discussion

Moderators: Danny Darko, Kilroy, TyCobb

BEazy
RealGM
And1: 2,483

Re: Lakers Tank Discussion 

Post#81 » by BEazy » Fri Feb 14, 2014 12:04 am

If we could some how get Tyler Ennis along with whoever we get with the 5th pick, I would be happy as hell.

Long Live The Black Mamba. Kobe Bean Bryant Laker For Life. 8/24
cashflo
Senior
And1: 130

Post#82 » by cashflo » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:17 am

Michael Lucky wrote:
cashflo wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:if you shoot it 22x you better get 25 points......

Do you agree about MDA though?

Personally i don't really care because I know that even if Phil was coaching this team we'd still suck.

Such a frustrating two years..
TonyMontana
RealGM
And1: 398

Post#83 » by TonyMontana » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:38 am

Michael Lucky wrote:
cashflo wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:if you shoot it 22x you better get 25 points......

Do you agree about MDA though?

Personally i don't really care because I know that even if Phil was coaching this team we'd still suck.

We wouldn't be in this situation if Phil was coaching?
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,100

Post#84 » by dockingsched » Fri Feb 14, 2014 1:41 am

lakers have had to roll out the least talented team in the league this season, and people are worried about the coach and/or think someone else could take this roster anywhere but the lottery....c'mon
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
Wavy Q
RealGM
And1: 2,390

Post#85 » by Wavy Q » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:17 am

dockingsched wrote:lakers have had to roll out the least talented team in the league this season, and people are worried about the coach and/or think someone else could take this roster anywhere but the lottery....c'mon

PJax could turn Sacre into Kareem
TonyMontana
RealGM

Post#86 » by TonyMontana » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:46 am

I love how you keep hugging on MDA, and blaming his failure on this seasons injuries and not the fact that he basically SUCKS. LOL

MDA came in days after Phil was promised the job (95%) so he was told by Mitch LAST SEASON!!!! Thats what my post was addressing. Not this year but hey your known for picking and choosing parts of posts to serve your purpose all the time anyways. So continue!!!
gotokyo
Rookie
And1: 283

Post#87 » by gotokyo » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:46 am

MDA is doing an outstanding job commanding the tank this year. Let him finish the season and fulfill his masterpiece.
TonyMontana
RealGM

Post#88 » by TonyMontana » Fri Feb 14, 2014 2:58 am

Stephano wrote:
PJax could turn Sacre into Kareem

He was able to turn a basket case like Bynum into an allstar, or better yet he was able to facilitate both Bynum and Pau on the floor at the same time to win back to back titles. Or even better.

But since you want to bring in Scare into the conversation then how about he wouldnt bench Kaman because of his personal feelings and start Sacre over Kaman which we are paying 3.2 mil to lay down on the bench and be the laughing stock of the NBA with hopes of raising his trade value by allowing him to play so at least we can get something in return for him but hey MDA is a hall of fame coach and Im just trippin here.
TonyMontana
RealGM

Post#89 » by TonyMontana » Fri Feb 14, 2014 3:07 am

gotokyo wrote:MDA is doing an outstanding job commanding the tank this year. Let him finish the season and fulfill his masterpiece.

Come on now. We're not tanking @#$%. We're flat out terrible. I hate associating this team with that word "TANK". How are we tanking. Look around the league and see who's tanking and who's not. Its pretty obvious.

Also MDA is running this team down to the ground trying his arse off to save his job. He's done after this contract and Ill guarantee he will never coach in this league again. Nobody is stupid enough to hire this idiot but someone like Jim Buss.
DEEP3CL
RealGM
And1: 3,207

Post#90 » by DEEP3CL » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:02 am

gotokyo wrote:
DEEP3CL wrote:I still laugh hard as hell at the thought that guys here still think that just because we may land a decent young stud that everything will be OK.

Got news for ya.....gonna be a lot more work to do than just hoping some young buck is the magic elixir.

I don't think anyone on here is claiming that a top 5 pick will fix all the Lakers problems, so I'm not sure who you're laughing at.

I think most of us, even the tank supporters are banking on free agency to help turn things around. However a top 5 pick in this year's draft could potentially be a HUGE boost, along with free agency to get us back into contention. After the Kobe extension best believe we're going to need all the cheap talent we can get.
Please don't make me name names....they know who they are, and it just isn't this board it's the media's perception also. Like I said it's gonna be a long haul before we can even think about sniffing on a title again. These processes take 2-3-4 years easy.
VETERAN LAKERS FAN

SmartWentCrazy wrote:It's extremely unlikely that they end up in the top 3.They're probably better off trying to win and giving Philly the 8th pick than tanking and giving them the 4th.
WCDYNASTY
Bench Warmer
And1: 95

Post#91 » by WCDYNASTY » Fri Feb 14, 2014 6:36 am

Lakers now tied with the Kings for 4th place on the tank list! #TeamTank
One Love
Starter
And1: 290

Post#92 » by One Love » Fri Feb 14, 2014 4:13 pm

Need to get Top 3 Baby... 3rd gives us a 46.9% at a top 3 & a 15.6% at #1 while 4th gives us a 33.7% at a top 3 & a 10.4% chance at #1... Top 3 pick is BIG...
WCDYNASTY
Bench Warmer

Post#93 » by WCDYNASTY » Fri Feb 14, 2014 8:29 pm

One Love wrote:Need to get Top 3 Baby... 3rd gives us a 46.9% at a top 3 & a 15.6% at #1 while 4th gives us a 33.7% at a top 3 & a 10.4% chance at #1... Top 3 pick is BIG...

We definitely need to get in top 3, anybody that drafts in top 3 will get a winner... Mitch knows that...

MITCH KUPCHAK: "So, I think it’s a good draft in general and I think there’s a couple, three name guys that really jump out at you.”
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,452

Post#94 » by Dr Aki » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:47 pm

WCDYNASTY wrote:
One Love wrote:Need to get Top 3 Baby... 3rd gives us a 46.9% at a top 3 & a 15.6% at #1 while 4th gives us a 33.7% at a top 3 & a 10.4% chance at #1... Top 3 pick is BIG...

We definitely need to get in top 3, anybody that drafts in top 3 will get a winner... Mitch knows that...

MITCH KUPCHAK: "So, I think it’s a good draft in general and I think there’s a couple, three name guys that really jump out at you.”

actually, its equal 4th that gives us the 10.4% of #1 and 33.7% chance of #1-3 (we're equal with sacramento)

normally its a 11.9% and 37.8% for outright 4th worst.

that said, with outright 4th, there's a 35.1% chance of #5.

this is why we must continue to tank and not be satisfied. although philly's tank is quite formidable, i think orlando is passable
WCDYNASTY
Bench Warmer

Post#95 » by WCDYNASTY » Fri Feb 14, 2014 9:52 pm

Dr Aki wrote:
WCDYNASTY wrote:

actually, its equal 4th that gives us the 10.4% of #1 and 33.7% chance of #1-3 (we're equal with sacramento)

normally its a 11.9% and 37.8% for outright 4th worst.

that said, with outright 4th, there's a 35.1% chance of #5.

this is why we must continue to tank and not be satisfied. although philly's tank is quite formidable, i think orlando is passable

I think there's a slim chance we pass Philly if the Lakers trade Gasol for a Suns type deal and Kobe sits out the rest of the season or most of the second half... Nash staying out would help too
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,452

Post#96 » by Dr Aki » Fri Feb 14, 2014 10:17 pm

no man, philly has to win 4 more games than the lakers the rest of the way

let's get past orlando into 3rd first before we concentrate on philly
The Skyhook
RealGM
And1: 925

Post#97 » by The Skyhook » Mon Feb 17, 2014 2:35 am

Kobe is saying his recovery is looking slow. Its whats best for the tankathon race.
Tiesto_Lakers
Analyst
And1: 4,154

Post#98 » by Tiesto_Lakers » Mon Feb 17, 2014 3:33 am

Need to lose to Houston and let the tank drive itself.

Kobe, Henry and Farmar...please take your time.
TruSkool
Lead Assistant
And1: 253

Post#99 » by TruSkool » Mon Feb 17, 2014 6:36 am

the lakers need to draft wiggins. period. I dont care what anybody says, but the size and athleticism he brings at a young age, you just cant pass up on him. the NBA will shape him up into the next clyde the glide.
gotokyo
Rookie
And1: 283

Post#100 » by gotokyo » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:31 am

TruSkool wrote:the lakers need to draft wiggins. period. I dont care what anybody says, but the size and athleticism he brings at a young age, you just cant pass up on him. the NBA will shape him up into the next clyde the glide.

Sorry but Wiggins hasn't proved he's a can't miss, clear cut #1 pick like you're claiming he is. He's very good, but it's a complete toss up between him, parker and embiid.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers