No
26%

Total votes: 116

Unbiased hater
Sixth Man
And1: 749

Re: Do we still offer PG13 max money? 

Post#81 » by Unbiased hater » Fri Jun 1, 2018 4:25 pm

And how much cap space we have after we renounce all free agents, remove Deng and sign PG and Lebron ?
Michael Lucky
RealGM
And1: 6,522

Post#82 » by Michael Lucky » Fri Jun 1, 2018 4:30 pm

Unbiased hater wrote:And how much cap space we have after we renounce all free agents, remove Deng and sign PG and Lebron ?

None.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,826

Post#83 » by TylersLakers » Fri Jun 1, 2018 7:11 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:I really think Randle's situation is certainly a factor with George. The Lakers should be having productive talks and being real with him about where he stands in the pecking order.

I would even tamper and tell Mintz if he delivers George, we'll deliver Julius a near-max deal.

I'm sure Mintz would love getting both of his players paid. Having said that, the Agent isn't looking at the best interest of the team, he's looking to get his players and himself payed.

Which is why the Lakers need to put the cherry on top and tell him that if Mintz scratches their back (gets George to LA), we'll scratch his (pay Randle a huge deal).
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Post#84 » by Michael Lucky » Fri Jun 1, 2018 7:12 pm

TylersLakers wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:I really think Randle's situation is certainly a factor with George. The Lakers should be having productive talks and being real with him about where he stands in the pecking order.

I would even tamper and tell Mintz if he delivers George, we'll deliver Julius a near-max deal.

I'm sure Mintz would love getting both of his players paid. Having said that, the Agent isn't looking at the best interest of the team, he's looking to get his players and himself payed.

Which is why the Lakers need to put the cherry on top and tell him that if Mintz scratches their back (gets George to LA), we'll scratch his (pay Randle a huge deal).

Not exactly in the best interest of the Lakers to do so. For one thing, our first target is Lebron and 2 overpaying for Randle + George isn't likely to make us all that competitive.
DanishLakerFan
Veteran
And1: 569

Post#85 » by DanishLakerFan » Sat Jun 2, 2018 10:43 am

Obviously we are going to offer George a max deal and we hope that him and Lebron would have talked together about joining forces. I think we've got a pretty good chance of that happening for the simple reason that LAs current team is better than the supporting cast Lebron has in Cleveland right now. Throw in George and we'd be an instant contender with ability to add extra pieces and/or grow from within.

If Lebron stay, we still offer George a max and then see what other moves can be made.
No name
Junior
And1: 117

Post#86 » by No name » Sun Jun 3, 2018 12:48 pm

I don't think big name FA's coming together to sign works unless everything is in order. Personalities, coach, supporting cast and media pressure.
I don't think it will work in LA. Too much pressure from the city. Not an experienced coach. The supporting cast is good but I worry about the Ball effect and Randle (if they manage).

Miami took a while despite having Pat Riley and two of the Superstars completely bought in and gave the Batman cape to LeBron.
No name
Junior
And1: 117

Post#87 » by No name » Sun Jun 3, 2018 12:54 pm

I prefer an organic approach while adding pieces. The Lakers have begun a good build. If they can sign PG and LeBron you have to do it. If not, sign PG and continue growth. 2019 you have another group.
With the growth of the team, added wins and continued cap space the Lakers will be as good a fit to sign a guy in 2019. Plus that is one more year on Houston's old legs. One more year of Golden State wearing on each other and requiring more money in contracts.
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,826

Post#88 » by TylersLakers » Sun Jun 3, 2018 2:17 pm

Michael Lucky wrote:
TylersLakers wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:I'm sure Mintz would love getting both of his players paid. Having said that, the Agent isn't looking at the best interest of the team, he's looking to get his players and himself payed.

Not exactly in the best interest of the Lakers to do so. For one thing, our first target is Lebron and 2 overpaying for Randle + George isn't likely to make us all that competitive.

That's obviously if LeBron doesn't come. You also have to discuss with them if they land LeBron and combine him with Paul George, they'll do everything possible to make the room to trade away Deng and pay all 3.

Paying Randle a 4 year deal starting anywhere from $15-20M, along with George a max, would still keep our option open for a max spot next off-season. Front office just can't offer any guaranteed money outside of those 2 for 2019.
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,838

Post#89 » by Vae Victus » Sun Jun 3, 2018 10:14 pm

TylersLakers wrote:
Michael Lucky wrote:

We absolutely will NOT pay Randle a huge deal. The only other tangible thing of value we can offer Mintz/Randle, is if Mintz hand delivers us PG13 early, we renounce Randle's RFA rights so any team can go after him without our RFA cockblock card.

But if Mintz cant promise us that, then we might as well hold onto Randle and let the chips fall where they may.

If some dumbass teams gives Randle mega bux, LOL. Enjoy

Personally, I'm looking forward to us keeping Randle for the QO.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,452

Post#90 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jun 4, 2018 3:10 am

Michael Lucky wrote:
Unbiased hater wrote:And how much cap space we have after we renounce all free agents, remove Deng and sign PG and Lebron ?

None.

Actually...

If we remove Deng by stretching him and renounce everyone (including Randle) and waiving all the NG contracts (Ennis, Zubac, Bryant), after signing George and LeBron, we will have 5.56 mil in cap, along with the room MLE and vet mins to fill out the roster.

If we dump Deng (assuming it takes the Cleveland pick and future picks), and renounce/waive as above, then we will have 13.8 million in cap space, however, if we don't renounce Randle, we will only have 2.18 million to spend, assuming we spend that 2.18 mil before we give Randle a large contract extension.
Ckay
Head Coach
And1: 8,402

Post#91 » by Ckay » Mon Jun 4, 2018 3:30 am

Vae Victus
Assistant Coach

Post#92 » by Vae Victus » Mon Jun 4, 2018 5:21 am

Stretching Deng is a PAINFUL move. It's a 7.4mil anchor for 5!!! years on our cap, which is not insignificant.

We're truly better off burning future 1sts to get that stain off of our cap or at the very least try to find a way to downgrade the putridness like swapping Deng + stuff or Asik to stretch. 2.8mil a year is nowhere near as painful.
SlimShady83
General Manager
And1: 1,355

Post#93 » by SlimShady83 » Mon Jun 4, 2018 6:15 am

You can all stop the wishful thinking about getting big 3 superstars - heck I doubt we even getting 2 stars.

Just have hopes for 1 that's enough :)
My Personal Top 10 all time
Jordan, Russell, Bird, Duncan, Magic, Kobe, Curry, Shaq, Kareem, Bron

Top 5 will always be the same, 6-10 will change from time to time :)
I'm a Kobe fan
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,452

Post#94 » by Dr Aki » Mon Jun 4, 2018 11:36 pm

Vae Victus wrote:Stretching Deng is a PAINFUL move. It's a 7.4mil anchor for 5!!! years on our cap, which is not insignificant.

We're truly better off burning future 1sts to get that stain off of our cap or at the very least try to find a way to downgrade the putridness like swapping Deng + stuff or Asik to stretch. 2.8mil a year is nowhere near as painful.

There's no point in moving Deng now unless we're actually getting LeBron in the first place.

If we do get LeBron at the max, we'd need to completely dump Deng to retain Randle. Though we could probably sell LeBron on taking a 1 year discount, and re-up him to the max in 2019/20 when it increases again, I doubt he'll miss 1.5 million dollars.

That said, if we don't get LeBron, and we need to wait till next year, it would be advantageous to stretch waive Asik on Sept 1st, so that the cap hit will be 1.00 mil until 2022 instead of 2.85 until 2022. We'd have to structure our contract with Randle and our 2018 draft signings to maintain 32.4 mil in space to make a max run at Kawhi, Butler, Klay.

All in all, the needle might be tougher to thread of we're railroaded into the 2019 plan
Vae Victus
Assistant Coach

Post#95 » by Vae Victus » Mon Jun 4, 2018 11:56 pm

If we dont get Lebron then we either stand pat and wait for Deng to fall off naturally or trade him + minor assets for a lesser terrible expiring contract.

Naturally any deal we dump Deng + assets means we got LBJ's go ahead. Ugh, if we also whiff on PG13, man it just gets painful as wha our next move is. How do we retain cap flexibility in 2019 while also trying to be better next season.
Landsberger
General Manager
And1: 1,976

Post#96 » by Landsberger » Sat Jun 9, 2018 8:10 pm

I think if Bron decides day one of FA to be a Laker we may see some huge moves with the rest of the team. He will have a window of about 3 years and I'm sure any deal to come here will be made with the assurances he gets a "ready" team built around him. Just adding him and PG isn't that team I'd think. We would still have holes and an experience gap. I don't see Bron going into a situation where the team still needs to "develop" if he's truly looking to win another chip....which is truthfully where our youth is at the moment.
-Spyda-
Pro Prospect
And1: 363

Post#97 » by -Spyda- » Sat Jun 9, 2018 9:37 pm

If LeBron comes i think the roster will change 180 degree
AGAVE
Junior
And1: 65

Post#98 » by AGAVE » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:31 am

The problem with Deng is that every team in the league knows we are looking for a taker on him.
Cleveland helping LBJ in a sign and trade deal with us would be a painful reality to Gilbert.
Randle and someone else and maybe a later rounder with Deng would have to be a scenario; if at all.
Oladipo comes to mind where Indiana got a legit return.

So.
I think we need to somehow retain a young core of developing players.
LBJs, PG13s, et al....
Some discussion I'm sure must be included with the types of players coming, if they do.
We need their agreement not to empty our current and future existence just to have them.
That's why I'm off the mindset that the elites can be helpful for us and their existence here.
If we can't get that, then as stated earlier here, we must continue to build from within and draft going forward.
So many decisions and opportunities here this year.
Respect Elgin Baylor
Michael Lucky
RealGM

Post#99 » by Michael Lucky » Mon Jun 11, 2018 3:59 am

We're only one year away from being able to trade away Deng. It would be a really bad move to stretch him at this point.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,208

Post#100 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Jun 11, 2018 1:11 pm

Cmon guys, Ain't nobody takin Deng!
Home of the 17 Time World Champions

Return to Los Angeles Lakers