ImageImageImageImageImage

BREAKING: AD trade now includes Mo/Bonga/Jones to Wiz, AD agrees to waive trade kicker

Moderators: Kilroy, TyCobb, Danny Darko

kblo247
RealGM
And1: 2,130

Re: BREAKING: AD trade now includes Mo/Bonga/Jones to Wiz, AD agrees to waive trade kicker 

Post#821 » by kblo247 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:08 pm

Kilroy wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
kblo247 wrote:The only one to push D’Lo is Woj and Shams both CAA guys like Russell

I understand what you are saying, but you literally just named the two best sourced guys in the NBA.

But by all accounts, it doesn't take 32M to land Russell... Reports are that no one is offering him the full max. So why would we jump through these hoops and get AD to renounce his kicker, all before the 1st, just for Russell?

And to be fair, Woj started pushing DLo to LA in the context that we didn't have the Cap for a full max guy, and DLo was maybe our best option.

I agree with what you are saying, but at the same time I would say SA Smith has his sources too. He said he didn’t see or hadn’t heard it at first on First Take.

Same guy who pushed Lebron to Lakers, Miami Big 3, Kyrie/KD to Nets, and so on stuff. I don’t think he has the exec contacts they have but I think he has the player ones.

Haynes is respected as well. He was on cowherd talking about how he thought Jimmy was in play for the Lakers and so did Broussard on undisputed when the deal went down for AD. I’m not knocking woj but his view is slanted some with the clipper campaign, and it’s bled to Ramona who has been frozen out since Magic left, and Bobby Marks who was doing **** on espn with us keeping Reggie Bullocks caphold because we couldn’t get a better player
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,911

Re: BREAKING: AD trade now includes Mo/Bonga/Jones to Wiz, AD agrees to waive trade kicker 

Post#822 » by iamworthy » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:09 pm

If we get kwahi that's game over for the nba for s few years
kblo247
RealGM

Post#823 » by kblo247 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:10 pm

iamworthy wrote:
Kilroy wrote:
iamworthy wrote:
I understand what you are saying, but you literally just named the two best sourced guys in the NBA.

But by all accounts, it doesn't take 32M to land Russell... Reports are that no one is offering him the full max. So why would we jump through these hoops and get AD to renounce his kicker, all before the 1st, just for Russell?

And to be fair, Woj started pushing DLo to LA in the context that we didn't have the Cap for a full max guy, and DLo was maybe our best option.

I don't think it's just for Russell. But it's easier to wrap my head around Russell and Danny green or another shooter than thinking we're going to get kwahi. And literally there's no downfall to having as much space as possible... For anyone

If you know the Brogdon number and D’los number is around 21-22mil then you can pitch to Beverly, Danny green, or Redick for the rest too.
iamworthy
RealGM
And1: 8,911

Post#824 » by iamworthy » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:13 pm

Man....i thought it was hard getting through the AD trade, now this. :lol:
Spanish_Laker
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,010

Post#825 » by Spanish_Laker » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:16 pm

Great job Pelinka!
Banned after 15 years in this forum for no reason. Farewell RealGM users
mighty_duck
Junior
And1: 153

Post#826 » by mighty_duck » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:18 pm

Kilroy wrote:Kemba and Butler don't move the needle this much.
I don't think Klay would ever give that kind of assurance... I don't think either side has any interest in him leaving GSW.
I also don't know if Kyrie giving his assurance would trigger something like this... But maybe...
KD would, but I just think with the timing of all this and the other rumors, it's most likely Kawhi.

I don't disagree with any of that.
My guess is that Lebron and AD have already spoken to all of them.
And if they know that Kawhi, KD, Klay and Kyrie aren't coming, but believe that they can still win with Kemba or Butler and convinced them to come, that would be enough to have caused Rob to clear max space for them.

I'll cross my fingers for Kawhi, obviously. But if I had to bet on either Kawhi or the field, at this point I'd go with the field.
stan francisco
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,562

Post#827 » by stan francisco » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:31 pm

It was always gonna be a three team deal or more.
NBA titles since the merger: LAL 11, CHI 6, SAS 5, BOS 5, GSW 4.
JVL
Starter
And1: 2,490

Post#828 » by JVL » Thu Jun 27, 2019 9:47 pm

Kilroy wrote:
snaquille oatmeal wrote:But seriously folks, I know plan A is KL, and plan B is DLo, I think I rather have a quality rest of the roster. But at this point I would hope that Pelinka leave that decision to Lebron and AD then make it happen.

I'm not convinced D'Lo is really plan anything...

I hope it's not. It would be a terrible overpay.

I can't imagine AD dropping those 4mil without certainty that a specific top tier FA has agreed to join. It has to be Kawhi.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 41,280

Post#829 » by Sedale Threatt » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:18 pm

iamworthy wrote:If we get kwahi that's game over for the nba for s few years

If it doesn’t happen, it wasn’t meant to be. We’ve done absolutely everything we possibly could on our end to make this happen — max money, superstar to team with for the next decade, in the city he most wants to be. It’s all down to him now.
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,874

Post#830 » by Pointgod » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:19 pm

Another great part of this is that we’ve created a TPE for the amount that was traded away so around 3million. We should look at teams looking to shed salary that are close to the luxury tax (after we’ve made our signings of course), we might even get a second round pick out of it.
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,097

Post#831 » by dockingsched » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:24 pm

Pointgod wrote:Another great part of this is that we’ve created a TPE for the amount that was traded away so around 3million. We should look at teams looking to shed salary that are close to the luxury tax (after we’ve made our signings of course), we might even get a second round pick out of it.

There’s no TPE
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
RamonSessions7
RealGM
And1: 4,045

Post#832 » by RamonSessions7 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:33 pm

We split this trade up so well with not only that nice JJones contract, but going even further back, breaking out Thomas Bryant in a separate transaction by sending him to Was as a free agent last year. That’s some next level foresight.
TyCobb
Forum Mod - Lakers
Forum Mod - Lakers
And1: 9,836

Post#833 » by TyCobb » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:34 pm

dockingsched wrote:
Pointgod wrote:Another great part of this is that we’ve created a TPE for the amount that was traded away so around 3million. We should look at teams looking to shed salary that are close to the luxury tax (after we’ve made our signings of course), we might even get a second round pick out of it.

There’s no TPE

Just go with it.
Read more, learn more, change your posts.
Dr Aki
RealGM
And1: 29,452

Post#834 » by Dr Aki » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:34 pm

Pelinka was always the brains of the operation, Magic was just a pretty face
kblo247
RealGM

Post#835 » by kblo247 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:41 pm

Dr Aki wrote:Pelinka was always the brains of the operation, Magic was just a pretty face

It didn’t matter though when Magic did **** like negotiate with Demps without him because Demps didn’t want to talk to Pelinka. That was awful management by magic as it showed you had no respect for your GM. All Jeanie has said over and over is Pelinka is our guy. She could have easily contacted benson woman to woman as the only female owners and tried to broker a deal but that gave a very bad image
myersia
Analyst
And1: 788

Post#836 » by myersia » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:47 pm

kblo247 wrote:
Dr Aki wrote:Pelinka was always the brains of the operation, Magic was just a pretty face

It didn’t matter though when Magic did **** like negotiate with Demps without him because Demps didn’t want to talk to Pelinka. That was awful management by magic as it showed you had no respect for your GM. All Jeanie has said over and over is Pelinka is our guy. She could have easily contacted benson woman to woman as the only female owners and tried to broker a deal but that gave a very bad image

I think pelinka is the one with that purtttyyy mouth on him

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
Pointgod
RealGM
And1: 21,874

Post#837 » by Pointgod » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:49 pm

dockingsched wrote:

There’s no TPE

Why not? Is because it’s not a separate trade?
kblo247
RealGM

Post#838 » by kblo247 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:51 pm

Pointgod wrote:
dockingsched wrote:

There’s no TPE

Because you renounce it to get the cap room slot
dockingsched
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 22,097

Post#839 » by dockingsched » Thu Jun 27, 2019 10:53 pm

kblo247 wrote:
Pointgod wrote:
dockingsched wrote:
There’s no TPE

Because you renounce it to get the cap room slot

The Lakers will be acquiring more salary then they send out, there’s no TPE generated from that.
"We must try not to sink beneath our anguish, Harry, but battle on." - Dumbledore
TylersLakers
RealGM
And1: 2,825

Post#840 » by TylersLakers » Thu Jun 27, 2019 11:09 pm

snaquille oatmeal wrote:So why were the Wojos of the world saying we only had 19 mil in cap room?

$27M= Anthony Davis waives the kicker
$23M= Anthony Davis keeps the money
$19M= Davis keeps the money, Lakers keep Reggie Bullock's $4M cap hold, so they can go over the cap to re-sign him after they use the $19M.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers