ImageImageImageImageImage

Petition for Kobe Bryant to stop gunning

Moderators: TyCobb, Danny Darko, Kilroy

Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,957

Re: Petition for Kobe Bryant to stop gunning 

Post#41 » by Sedale Threatt » Mon Apr 2, 2012 4:34 pm

Only three 3-pointers last night. Looks like it's working.
NOODLESTYLE
Lead Assistant
And1: 828

Post#42 » by NOODLESTYLE » Mon Apr 2, 2012 8:41 pm

Kobe won't care.

http://espn.go.com/los-angeles/nba/stor ... hs-critics

Kobe Bryant isn't on Twitter. He doesn't have a personal Facebook account. He says he doesn't usually listen to sports talk radio or read sports blogs.

Of course, that doesn't mean what is written about him doesn't eventually get back to him. When he struggles he isn't immune to the barrage of criticism directed his way, and there was plenty on Saturday after Bryant missed his first 15 shots against the New Orleans Hornets and was held scoreless through three quarters.

It's always interesting to hear people talk after a game like that, like I'm done and all this stuff," Bryant said. "The amount of idiots that live out here after 16 years is baffling. … I guess people just get dumber over the years."

Bryant was smiling but it was clear he was amazed he still had to deal with all the critics blaming him for the Lakers' ineffectiveness and inability to score. Yes, he was held scoreless into the fourth quarter of a game in which he had played more than 25 minutes, but when was the last time that's happened? It's actually happened only one other time in Bryant's career -- March 28, 1998.

"I guess on Twitter you don't have to respond to idiots, do you?" Bryant said. "You can block them, right?"

"Even if I told people I came out here with a sprained ankle and all this other stuff, they know after 16 years I'm going to go out there and do my job and I'm going to perform," Bryant said. "Whether I struggle for three and half quarters, or whatever the case may be, I'm going to play hard and I'm going put my team in a position to win the game."

"We're all surrounded by idiots," Bryant said, smiling at the reporters surrounding him. "We're all surrounded by idiots. Take it as you wish."
semi-sentient
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 5,609

Post#43 » by semi-sentient » Mon Apr 2, 2012 8:52 pm

Sounds like he's getting a bit defensive. He knows damn well his poor shooting is hurting the team; he just doesn't care. Of course if he doesn't understand that shooting .291 from downtown while attempting 5+ per game hurts the team then he's the one that's an idiot.

Some people just don't handle constructive criticism very well (Shaq, Kobe).
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere." - Carl Sagan
miggs
Lead Assistant
And1: 446

Post#44 » by miggs » Mon Apr 2, 2012 9:25 pm

semi-sentient wrote:Sounds like he's getting a bit defensive. He knows damn well his poor shooting is hurting the team; he just doesn't care. Of course if he doesn't understand that shooting .291 from downtown while attempting 5+ per game hurts the team then he's the one that's an idiot.

Agreed, maybe if we get more signatures it'll get back to him as the post from Noodle Style said. I'd like to see Kobe's response.
2014: Randle / Clarkson
2015: Russell / Nance
2016: Ingram / Zubac
2017: Top 3 Pick? :nod: Fultz, Ball or Bust
b shaw20
Bench Warmer
And1: 60

Post#45 » by b shaw20 » Tue Apr 3, 2012 1:10 am

semi-sentient wrote:Sounds like he's getting a bit defensive. He knows damn well his poor shooting is hurting the team; he just doesn't care. Of course if he doesn't understand that shooting .291 from downtown while attempting 5+ per game hurts the team then he's the one that's an idiot.

And that's probably the reason why no one in the Lakers organization can confront him about anything. In his mind, because he works harder than everyone else (and because he has had success) it gives him carte blanc to play however he pleases, regardless of the consequence.

Its funny how a day early he threw out the "exhausted" excuse for his attrocious performance. And I would bet $100 had he missed the last 3 and we'd had lost, he would have not talked to the media.

A day later when he goes for 40, he must have drank the magic cool aid that washes away fatigue. And yes, we are all idiots for suggesting he change his approach....

Honestly, I succomed to the fact that he has chosen to live with perimeter shots and if it means losing so be it. I don't trust that approach and don't expect to get very far because he continues insist that he will be the main option at all times.

I gave up on him and the Lakers after our home loss to the Jazz. Anyone who thinks that this team, playing like we have in last few games has a legitimate chance to go deep in the playoffs is lying to themselves.
Tee212
Lead Assistant
And1: 423

Post#46 » by Tee212 » Tue Apr 3, 2012 1:32 am

I respect that opinion of yours^ so basically you threw in the towel white flags raised everywhere.
b shaw20
Bench Warmer
And1: 60

Post#47 » by b shaw20 » Tue Apr 3, 2012 1:56 am

Tee212 wrote:I respect that opinion of yours^ so basically you threw in the towel white flags raised everywhere.

What I am saying is that I'm not expecting much from this team. I just don't see us being a serious threat playing like this.

Kobe would have to make the change and I don't see it in the forecast.
Tee212
Lead Assistant
And1: 423

Post#48 » by Tee212 » Tue Apr 3, 2012 2:02 am

Thats how i am at this point, just being pessimistic. Not expecting much if they get far then great but anything less of a ring is a lost. Im not sure what was more important, beating the heats on their home floor or us losing to the thunder at home. This team drives me nuts.

Return to Los Angeles Lakers